Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply General Discussion
A day full of sharkys, snow, and dialing 911...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SHARKYS
  ROCK
View Results

Midori Hayashi
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:42 am
ZOMG WE'VE GOT A SNOW DAY HERE IN THE SOUTH
It's a miracle. xd They're really wimpy down here though...not even an inch of snow and they are afraid of ice. Yoko got to play in the snow for once, and she even got to make some yellow snow. xd
-----
So, now that that's over, guess what? I was at the aquarium yesterday and took some awesome pictures of my favorite sharkys. heart But they all have light spots on the water, so they are almost all non-web-worthy. gonk Note to Self: Beluga Whales don't show up well on cheap cameras.
-----
Guess what again? On our way home, we were driving threough the "raging" blizzard conditions. rofl My dad drove in terrible Michigan weather so we were just fine...but an SUV wasn't.

We were driving on the interstate and dad was like, "s**t s**t s**t s**t s**t CALL 911!" I started freaking out because dad never cusses, and then he swerved a whole bunch and slammed on the brakes and then sped up only to swerve again. I looked up for a split second to see a huge SUV go flying across 5 lanes of traffic in front of us to slam right into the concrete divider wall going over 50 mph. I called 911, and held the phone into dad's ear so he could tell them what happened and where we were. I looked behind us as we passed the SUV to see the front completely smashed in. We told the operator that the airbags had almost certainly deployed, and they were going to have a huge pileup of other wrecked cars.
The SUV crashed into the wall while the interstate was turning, and people who hadn't see the incident happen (the car flying across the road) were not going to have any idea that once they turned the corner that the entire HOV lane was blocked by a smashed vehicle.
Dad was like, "If I hadn't swerved and sped up, we would have hit them. Even if I was able to stop on all this ice and slush, we would have been hit by the people behind us anyhow."
Sure enough, we got home to listen to the news and weather station and heard about a huge pileup on that interstate by the mile marker we had told the operator. Supposedly several vehicles had been involved in the HOV lane crash, and someone un-related in the accident had called in the Emergency service. That was us.

SUMMARY: I got snow, I went to the aquarium, and I had to call 911 for a car crash.

SOOOOOOO....HOW'RE YOU DOING TODAY?
Any vehicle crashes you've had to call in besides yourselves? I had to call in a car that fish-tailed into the divider wall once when I was about 11 years old.
WOULD YOU LIKE TO PET MY SHARKYS?
Got snow lately? I know England got a huge storm a few weeks ago.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:06 am
Well, i live in the core of the storm right now, (yep, Connecticut). And whats really bad about it is that they are expecting 14-25" of snow in my area...great -.-  

-iSnug-

Goddess Ace
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:43 am
Ice can be a serious concern - I think they had a right to cancel the schools and colleges. Especially school - do you want to see a school bus crash full of children?  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:55 am
Yeah but seriously. We never had school cancelled but once in Michigan. The south should be more prepared.

I am glad though that I can stay home.  

Midori Hayashi
Crew

Goddess Ace
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:51 am
But the South is not proned for snow wheather - why would you spend money on something you rarely need?

And even if you did take the right preprerations, the wheather can still change and cause havoc. Jill said that the snow plows were out early in the morning getting snow off the road in Williamsburg but because more snow ended up falling, ice patches are all over the roads now.

The snow started to pick up here again but it's not sticking. Tonight it's going to get real cold so it will probably freeze the roads tomorrow.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:31 pm
wow, thats horrible!
i would love to pet some sharks
we di have some horrible snow here in ohio just a few weeks ago. but it went away and now its just cold cold COLD! it was 4 degrees this morning when i got up to stand out for the bus. i thought my nose was going to fall off.
my friend took a trip to michigan and said they had some bad snow there (he went for some snowmobiling competition or whatever, so go figure)  

ValkyriePrincess92

Midori Hayashi
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 4:06 pm
It's all melted. gonk

lol, I remember walking to school with a wind chill of 10 and an air temperature of -13 in Michigan. xd  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:54 pm
NYC had schools canceled. It's only been... 5 years?

Anyways, It snowed. A lot. In Wappingers Falls.

Weathermen always lie when it comes to totals.

Now it's cold outside.

My feet are cold. ._.'

Lyss The One In The Back
Crew

moonchie

5,750 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:13 pm
D: Thank goodness you didn't get hurt.

:3 I wish I could see snow someday.
XD The chances of that happening where I live are none.

Today I pretty much battled sleep, I was tired all day and it feels like I got a fever, so I'm trying hard not to get sick, to much work I need to do. D:  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:24 am
-iSnug-
Well, i live in the core of the storm right now, (yep, Connecticut). And whats really bad about it is that they are expecting 14-25" of snow in my area...great -.-

Dammit I've only seen that much snow once and it was glorious. crying  

angel_half82
Crew

General Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas