Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply General Discussion
HOLY FUDGE IT'S TWO TOPICS IN ONE!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Busy week for you, too?
  Yup, very busy.
  Nope, I didn't have much this week.
View Results

moonchie

5,750 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 5:02 pm
And they have nothing to do with each other. Is this allowed? D; Please forgive my lazyness. (Technically the topics are both about videos, so they're related a bit. >_>)

So first topic is this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VswBKrPuAQ&feature=channel_page

A paradise for kitties that have been abandoned. The man in charge is just the sweetest man, he bought the property just for them and spends most of his earnings on the cats food and other necessities. He built them a town! WITH A WAL MART! There are about 500 cats or so and they're all checked for health problems and are neutered so there's no chance of them multiplying all over the place.

I just LOVE this story and if I lived nearby I would volunteer to help in a heartbeat!!! And for free. The website mentioned in the video has the contact info, and also you can give donations, they need to build a fence to keep coyotes that have been showing up near the area.

Second and totally unrelated topic!

Lately I've been watching random videos, and I found this website called expertvillage.com and there's tons of instructional videos about animals, computers, make up, dating and a bunch of other things.

But the best videos I've found are of this lady http://www.youtube.com/user/DepressionCooking

She has a mini series where she cooks foods that she would eat as a child during the great depression and while she cooks she talks about her experience in those times. These videos are a great way to see how people handled those times and also you get to learn how to make great meals!!!

Plus she just makes me feel all warn inside, she's so sweet and likable, you'll enjoy listening to her a lot.

So discuss anything related to either or both of these topics and if you've seen anything lately that's made you think a lot.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 4:43 pm
i would volunteer there too.......especially since it must be a lot of work to pick up all that poop.....i would help out with that........i might actually donate something, but i have to get better hours or a better job...........  

Lineriku

moonchie

5,750 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:40 am
:3 The place is run on donations, volunteering there would be for free I think, it's volunteering after all. I just wish I lived near the area. crying

Once I go to the US I'll try visiting, I have to see it. XD  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:25 am
That is what I want to do once I get older. Like retirement older.
I already have the land (50 acres) I just need to get a whole sanctuary built.  

angel_half82
Crew

moonchie

5,750 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:57 pm
:3 Yeah, having some place like that when retired would be great. XD My dad doesn't get he's retired yet, he keeps working. XD He's just not good with staying still, he doesn't like having nothing to do, but laying around the house, so I admire that a lot. XD He needs to relax though, he's always on business. D:

Anyway, back on topic. I wanted to have a place like that when I was little, for stray dogs. crying There's a bunch of strays where I live.
(This morning I saw two dogs chasing a cat. The cat got away at least. XD)
:3 I wanted to have a car where I could take them to a property big enough for them all. So Caboodle Ranch is just like I imagined mine, but mine had dogs. (XD I'm more of a cat person now, I still don't know how that happened.)  
General Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games