Reply Community Lounge
Shaken Babies Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Dinosaur Next Door

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 5:49 am
I could see that, but what about tsunamis/tidal waves, earthquakes, and volcanoes? I read that a whole bunch of volcanoes are actually underwater.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 5:54 am
User Image

There are a lot of volcanoes underwater. I'm not quite sure how we would overcome those, including the tsunamis, but there is probably already some plan in progress, I donno what though. I don't have a a good brain for architecture. sweatdrop
User Image

God-Raped-Me

The Dinosaur Next Door

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:01 am
I don't, either. I think it's intriguing. I would love to see it in actuality. I mean, it's sad that it's necessary, and I wish we could just adapt to use the land we have more efficiently, but still.
Also, tonight I have an evil plan. If it goes off without a hitch, I will have those photos from the Keys that I told you about... with the alligator standing all the way up. biggrin  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:13 am
User Image

Oh man I can't wait!

City of the future.

There are a few other ideas, but again I'm not totally sure how they'll work.
User Image

God-Raped-Me

Surazal Dloc

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:21 am
In my opinion I think a lot of the time its just Mother's or FAther's who are perhaps under a lot of stress from having a child, and/ or have some form of trauma or psychological issues and basically thir brain just flips out when the baby wont be quiet or whatever and they just do it. I'm not saying any of these things is an excuse, just perhaps an understanding of why it sometimes occurs.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:32 am
User Image

I believe that too it just the reasoning for my thinking is that almost everything we do with our babies is instinctual and has some reasoning behind it. Like bouncing a baby on your knee helps with muscle development and hand eye co-ordination. So I wondered what shaking babies to death would be from, and the only thing I could think of was weeding out the unneeded.

I could never do that to any child though! ******** I had a dream that Lydia was shot and killed the other night and I woke up balling my eyes out! I could never kill my children and I get sick thinking of people who do.
User Image

God-Raped-Me

The Dinosaur Next Door

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:49 am
Yes please @ city of the future. That place looks like a nice future. biggrin
When I saw "tree hugger" in the URL, I thought of this pic, which I love:
User Image

Anyway, I don't have children, but I do feel that way about my sister. If something ever happened to her, I think I'd go batshit crazy. She's my favorite person in the world.
With regards to baby-shaking, I think it's because of the population issue I brought up. Too many people are surviving that weren't meant to, and breeding. For whatever reason, they're just not supposed to be here having kids. There are drawbacks to modern medicine, foremost is the tendency to try to outsmart nature.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 7:03 am
User Image

Natural selection/ survival of the fittest just doesn't exist anymore in any way shape or form.
User Image

God-Raped-Me

The Dinosaur Next Door

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 7:09 am
That I agree with, but I really think it should. I think that shaking babies is a result of the absence of natural selection, to be brutally honest. I can't see myself having kids because I don't believe I was meant to survive, and I think it would be wrong of me to breed. I mean, there are other reasons, but that is a concern of mine.  
Community Lounge

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff