Reply Community Lounge
*Muses* A Scenario

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sentama Lin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:14 pm
This is a mere curiosity -- so I can have a sort-of-in-the-ballpark guess at what my Dungeons and Dragons group might want to do with something that they find. Imagine this:

Tentative Plot Prognosis
After exploring a queer underground ruin (after falling from some height thanks to some pithole that they had the misfortune to fall into), deciphering its devices and secrets, fighting off small groups of frightened rats, spiders, bats, and the occasional Lantern Archon (which, in this scenario, we'll assume can exist in the mortal plain, and is horribly scared of light), you find yourself eying what looks like a sunken temple in the middle of the lake, it's lights on, and a mysterious walkway that allows walking and breathing (through magick) from the underground ruin (which, after much deliberation, you assumed to be very similar to an airport of modern times) to the sunken temple.

The temple has the architecture and design structure of the Gothic era: creepy, awesomely beautiful, and would terrify anyone to believe in the power and wrath of G_d. In the center you find what looks like a winged boy just sitting on the altar.

"Watch out!" The boy yells as you make your first step, for it ruined a trail of magickal salt that formed a circle around the hallowed place. Upon breaking the circle, another smaller binding circle appeared surrounding the boy, while a gigantic Lantern Archon appeared from nowhere, angry, and ready to attack.

After a fine battle (with your other five allies to help), you manage to free the boy and you find time to explore the temple. It was a curious little thing -- particularly the altar, which was possessed with some form of energy. Holding your hands above the altar made a device that resembled a QWERTY keyboard appear to float in the air, while magical screens appeared with it, detailing the temple's statuses (among them being Life Support, Power, and other things). In confusion, you decide to press a few buttons, which cause the entire building to stir and, after a small while, you realise that the entire temple has risen above the waters and, at the moment, continues to rise until you're above the clouds.

So... what would you do next?  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 3:37 pm
Lol, "queer".

Spring Break at the temple, baby.

I guess, you could go raid any cloud kingdoms that are nearby. >_>

Hire yourself out to do jobs for other kingdoms.

I'd go treasure hunting with my temple airship. =w=  

Jafthasleftthebuilding
Vice Captain

Sentama Lin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 3:41 pm
Spring break eh? Get some wenches from the town nearby, land the ship so that it's just at the water level, and have some wild and secksy fun on the altar? XD

Heh, I can see my group deciding to do that. Hopefully they won't be too serious once they get the ship. I don't mind serious roleplayers, but I don't want people that are too fuddy-duddy to enjoy themselves. After all, it's a flying cathedral (at least that's what I imagine in my head).  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 3:44 pm
OH MY GOSH!

START A PRIEST DELIVERY SERVICE NAO!

Edit: In Soviet Russia, priest comes to you!  

Jafthasleftthebuilding
Vice Captain

Sentama Lin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 3:46 pm
A Priest Delivery Service? XD Like... actual Priests or "Priests" that tell you to sit on your lap and demand that you tell them how naughty you are?  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 4:20 pm
The latter would be the Spribg Break version. ;D  

Jafthasleftthebuilding
Vice Captain

Sentama Lin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 4:23 pm
That's so creepy, and possesses quite a bit of hilarity. I wonder if they would decide to do something similar to that. We'd need to collect a lot of Priests/Priestesses though.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 4:26 pm
That's easy with a flying cathedral. ;D NPC ones, anyway.  

Jafthasleftthebuilding
Vice Captain

Sentama Lin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 4:28 pm
Thanks to these thoughts from Jaft, I'm considering (should the players choose to go that route for reasons unknown to me) that I should make the quest for Priests and Priestesses (for there are males and females of varying sexualities) be something similar to Those Who Hunt Elves or Doki Doki Mahou Shinpan, where a certain mark somewhere on the bodies show that they are specially magical in some way.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:24 pm
I don't know either of those. Where are the anime people?

I bet you could stick those marks on suggestive places.  

Jafthasleftthebuilding
Vice Captain

Oddplume

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:23 pm
How big is that Gigantic lantern Archon and what's its CR?  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:34 am
Sky pirates. You need sky pirates in flying galleons to assault the temple at periodic intervals, culminating in a grand showdown against an epic fleet of dragon-riding vikings. Or... wait, hang on... That sounds like the home base from the ActRaiser games! Winged kid, probably equipped with some form of bow and arrow, set to guard the Sky Palace until the Master returns, and then your party happens to show up, and become de-facto vassels of said Master by aiding his servant...
This could actually lead to an Epic level NPC assist against some horrible dark god of chaos with several levels of minions including, and not limited to, manticores, ice dragons, minotaur kings, Eastern demons/monsters, etc. Who wouldn't want to cruise the world in a giant flying palace?  

Erverain

Enduring Loiterer

24,975 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Brandisher 100

Omnileech

Omnipresent Warlord

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:32 pm
I'd explore temple and then try to summon a flying horse or at the vest least a slide to get me down.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 6:17 pm
Bah. That's no fun Omni. I mean, what else are you going to do with a flying building, other than fly around in it?  

Erverain

Enduring Loiterer

24,975 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Brandisher 100
Community Lounge

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items