The LAW Thread.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

God-Raped-Me

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 5:49 am
User Image

Within the past year or so GTR and I have been learning s**t loads about law and the s**t that they don't want common people to know. What I plan to do is make a thread that makes all of us here at the ATG a bit more aware of our rights as humans. This will take me a while to compose and I apologize. If you see that there is stuff that I haven't covered and you think needs to be covered somewhere, then please tell me. I won't go super in depth with everything and should you have any questions just ask.

Please keep in mind that these are for Ontario. If you see something that piques your interest please look it up for where ever YOU live as it might be greatly different.

I didn't realize I wouldn't be able to find a lot of the stuff I want to go over, so sadly this is as far as I can get right now. I have to wait for GTR to show me the sites again. Sorry. But feel free to talk about what I have already. Like I said, I'll be putting up links for everything just in case you don't believe me, or want the proof anyways.

Contents

The Law Society

Debt

Your Family And The Law

General Stuff That's Good To Know

Reserved

I AM IN NO WAY SUGGESTING THAT YOU DO WHAT I SAY. THIS IS JUST SO YOU CAN BE MORE AWARE OF SOME OPTIONS YOU HAVE.

If you decide to put forth some of the things I'm going to be talking about you may end up facing jail time. Mostly because police don't like when you don't do what they say, and they are not taught this in police schools.

You be the judge of if the outcome is worth it to you.

If you want to add something, just make a post about it asking me to add it and what category you want it under
User Image

This is not legal advice, held without liability, all rights reserved.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 5:49 am
Society

Common people do not fall under this. The people who do fall under this category are:

-Police/peace officers
-Lawyers
-Judges
-Mounties
-Military (Kind of)
-People with government Jobs ( Like Post office, or People who work for a township)
-PERSONS (not to beconfused with a Living Breathing Man)

They are bound by Acts and Statues, as well as LAWs, where as Living Breathing Man is only bound by LAW.

A PERSON is a fictional entity that is bound to a Corporation (In most cases the Corporation of the Government of Canada) and is not to be confused with a Living Breathing Man (which is inclusive to Females as well).  

God-Raped-Me

God-Raped-Me

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 5:50 am
Debt

If someone threatens to sell your debt, LET THEM! It's always best to NOT be in debt, but sometimes s**t happens. Once your debt goes to a third party collector, any collection agency, you then have a countdown from that date to two years from then. Why? Because in 2 years time they no longer have any right to ask for money from you. But back to the beginning.

First, they MUST contact you in writing first! If you don't get any letter from them, don't even talk to them until you do except to give them your address! They could be scam artists, and tell them you think they could be. This is you protecting yourself and your money.

They MAY NOT call you more than 3 times in a seven day period, this is considered harassment. They may however send you a letter every day.

They MAY NOT talk down to you, threaten you, deny you any rights, insult you or use profane or intimidating language. Again this is considered harassment, and you can charge the person on the phone for doing so.

They MUST give you their name and the name of the collection agency. I suggest you get their full name should any s**t go down.

They cannot contact you if you tell them you are not who they are looking for unless they take precautions to make sure you are who they are looking for.

This one is super important. THEY MAY NOT GIVE OUT FALSE OR MISLEADING INFORMATION TO OTHERS. Meaning if they're looking for you and they call up your mother and say they are a bank looking for you, they can get into serious s**t for that!

They CAN NOT take you to court unless you get a letter saying so.

Taken from here.

Here's what they don't tell you and again I will have to get GTR to get me the link to all this fun stuff. This is what may have to be settled in court however.

You don't have to pay if the debt is more than 2 years old, I've said it I know but I just wanted to say it again.

You don't have to pay if they deny your payment. If they ask you for a promise to pay, or if you say I can pay you in "x form" and they say no, you then don't have to pay a cent! To the courts you said you would pay them and they said "we don't want your money"

You don't have to pay them until, if you asked for it, they give you your information. If you want your bill, any recordings of conversations or anything else that may apply to you and they don't give it to you, you don't have to pay them because again they could be scammers! Just keep telling them that you think they're scammers and you won't randomly give your money to people.

(I'ma come back to this one later.)  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 5:51 am
Your Family And The Law

Just a short one right now but CAS and other such associations HAVE NO POWER! They can't touch s**t! Only Peace Officers can!

More to come later.  

God-Raped-Me

God-Raped-Me

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 5:52 am
General Stuff That's Good To Know

No police officer can step inside your home either without your consent or a warrant.

No police officer can look through your s**t without your consent or a warrant.

If you don't admit to your name, responding in any way when they say your name, or provide any sort of ID they CAN NOT prove you are who they think you are.

You do not have to consent to being cuffed.

You can give bills out, yes bills in which you gain money, to police officers who jail you and to judges who "order" you. An order is always followed by a bill, just think of any restaurant.

"To submit and apply" actually means to beg for.

When you see "The Government Of Canada" they're referring to the corporation of Canada, in which you are an employee of. Also The states owns us, sorry. Here's a link, not a very good one and will be changed later. Click on the OP's links. Again not sure if it's the same as the states, but I would imagine so. See here.

When you see your name spelled in capitals, it's not you. It's actually a collateral for debt.

Your Signature is worth money. Which is why banks and what not ask for it.

Saverio C.
This is good for everyone to remember, but only expressly applies to the US. I don't know no much about the rest of the world's interrogations tactics and procedures.

You have a right to remain silent and you should exercise this right. If the police bring you in for questioning lawyer up and shut up. There is nothing good that can come from talking to the police if they think you are a suspect. No police officer in the world will ever stop suspecting you because of your actions in an interrogation. Even if you are innocent the police brought you in because they can tie you to the case. Don't give them anything, and don't trust them either. They are allowed to lie to you and will do so because if they bring you in they don't think you are innocent. If you do want to talk to the police do so with a lawyer present, and only when your lawyer allows you to answer the question. If you are unsure of any part of your answer then DO NOT even open your mouth. Use your right to remain silent.

Remember that humans lie 3 times for every 10 minutes of conversion, and one lie can cause a jury to distrust you. If a conversation with the police last 60 minutes then that's 18 lies, not to mention the fact that they will wear you down and break you. You cannot gain anything from an extended interrogation.

lazycommie
Gun laws in the US(federal) and in Florida in particular. Federal laws will be in regular font, with FL laws in Dark Blue.

Who can own a gun?

Anyone who is not a felon or convicted of a violent misdemeanor, or was "baker act'd"(involuntarily held for psychiatric eval and shown as a danger to self and others).

Who can BUY a gun?

This is slightly different. To buy a gun in the US, you need to meet the requirements above, as well as be over 18, for rifles, and over 21 for handguns. You also must be over 21 if you want a Class III(see below) firearm.

Buying ammunition is similar. You must present ID if buying in person, and most places online require you to fax your Driver's License in order to buy. Some places rely on confirmation from UPS when delivered, which saves everyone hassle. ALWAYS buy online, since it is much cheaper, has no tax and does not require showing your ID to every tom, d**k and harry at the counter in your local wal-mart. Rifle and shotgun ammunition is 18 and over, handgun ammo is 21 and over. If you own a handgun, you can legally have someone buy ammo for you if you're under 18.

How do I buy a gun?

That depends on what you're buying and where.

If you are buying in your state you can buy FTF(face to face, in person), without needing to present ID, if it's a private owner. If you are buying from an FFL(a dealer), you must present some form of photo-ID.

If you are buying out of state, it must be shipped to a local gun dealer(most pawn shops or gun shops), where you pick it up. In order to do this, you have to have the FFL(common shorthand for a dealer, taken from the name of the ATF license required to sell firearms as a company) fax a copy of said FFL to the seller's FFL(if they are not already one). This usually costs a small fee. At my usual place, it costs 25$ Prices range anywhere from free to 50$ or so, depending on the FFL.

If you're buying a Class III(see below) gun, you need to file a Form 1 with the ATF, have your fingerprints taken, pay a 200$ tax to the ATF and wait for approval(takes a LONG time, months, because the ATF are assholes), then get approval from the local Chief of Police. Alternately, you can form a revocable living trust and buy the gun as that, which cuts out all the crap except the Form 1. Either way, the gun must be shipped to a dealer owning a Class 3 FFL, who will charge you a lot more than a regular FFL. You pick it up from there.

What guns can I own this way?

Short answer: any.

Long answer: Any firearm you desire and can afford.

What is "Class III"?

Class III items are:

Fully Automatic firearms made pre-1986.
Suppressors(silencers).
Any firearm(with a few notable exceptions for shotguns and the Nitro Express big game cartridges) that has a bore diameter of greater than 12.7mm(.50 caliber).
Any firearm with a stock(pistols with stocks, as well as rifles) with a barrel less than 16" long.
Any shotgun with a barrel less than 18" long.
Anything that explodes, including RPG rounds, frag rounds for grenade launchers, HE rounds, etc. This does NOT include flares, dummy grenades or most incendiary rounds, which are perfectly legal.

What about full auto guns made after 1986?

Not unless you're a Law Enforcement department(not a cop, an actual police department) or a Class 02 FFL holder who does not have that particular model in stock.

Can I carry my gun on me?

Short answer: yes.
Long answer: according to Federal law, you can carry openly or concealed anywhere except for court houses, prisons and national parks(now that a certain judge overturned the law which would have allowed it in parks). Of course, different states have different laws. Despite it being shown as blatantly unconstitutional by the Supreme Court, and DC's gun ban being overturned, DC cops will arrest you if you so much as think of carrying(or even owning, if you get a particularly nasty one).

FL answer: You cannot openly carry, that is carry with the gun visible on your hip or shoulder. However, if you get a Concealed Carry permit, which is both affordable and easy to obtain, you can carry concealed legally.

I do not recommend you carry any gun that is Class III, though, as the media would go nuts.

Can I make my own guns?

Yes. If you can legally own the gun, you can legally make it. If you're making something Class III(except for F/A, which would be post-86 and so you couldn't make it), you must file a Form 1 with the ATF and do all the paperwork needed to buy the same thing, plus submit plans of the gun, if available.

If you make a non-Class III gun, you do not have to put serial numbers on it. However, you cannot sell, trade or give this gun to anyone in any way if it does not have serial numbers and all other relevant data stamped or engraved on it. That would be the serial number, the name of manufacturer and the state it was made in. Unless you plan to sell the gun, just forego the serial number BS. Do not carry a non-serial'd gun, though, as it's bad ju-ju.

Again, I will be providing links and what not. I just suck a** at Googleing stuff. Don't worry there will be more too!  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 5:53 am
Reserved for something I may have forgotten.  

God-Raped-Me

Saverio C.

4,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:55 am
I guess I should contribute as an inspiring lawyer. This is good for everyone to remember, but only expressly applies to the US. I don't know no much about the rest of the world's interrogations tactics and procedures.

You have a right to remain silent and you should exercise this right. If the police bring you in for questioning lawyer up and shut up. There is nothing good that can come from talking to the police if they think you are a suspect. No police officer in the world will ever stop suspecting you because of your actions in an interrogation. Even if you are innocent the police brought you in because they can tie you to the case. Don't give them anything, and don't trust them either. They are allowed to lie to you and will do so because if they bring you in they don't think you are innocent. If you do want to talk to the police do so with a lawyer present, and only when your lawyer allows you to answer the question. If you are unsure of any part of your answer then DO NOT even open your mouth. Use your right to remain silent.

Remember that humans lie 3 times for every 10 minutes of conversion, and one lie can cause a jury to distrust you. If a conversation with the police last 60 minutes then that's 18 lies, not to mention the fact that they will wear you down and break you. You cannot gain anything from an extended interrogation.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:07 am
User Image

Cool, I'll add that.

Is there a Law society there too?
User Image

God-Raped-Me

Saverio C.

4,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:26 am
Not that I know of  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 6:40 pm
This probley doesn't apply but I always thought prostitution was illegal in Canada but it's actually legal as long as you don't visit the same place [Like a street corner] or advertise in public. So you can set up a website and visit someones hotel room or something as long as you don't go to that hotel to conduct all of your transactions.
I saw a show on ctv about it the other day.  

sahihen

lazycommie

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:42 pm
GRM, would you mind if I did a gun law write-up here, as it pertains to the US(and possibly Canada)?  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 5:59 am
User Image

Go ahead! If you think it's something that people should know then by all means!
User Image

God-Raped-Me

lazycommie

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:16 am
God-Raped-Me
User Image

Go ahead! If you think it's something that people should know then by all means!
User Image

Thanks. I'll get on it tonight. I just didn't want to do it in your thread without the goahead from you.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:13 pm
Gun laws in the US(federal) and in Florida in particular. Federal laws will be in regular font, with FL laws in Dark Blue.

Who can own a gun?

Anyone who is not a felon or convicted of a violent misdemeanor, or was "baker act'd"(involuntarily held for psychiatric eval and shown as a danger to self and others).

Who can BUY a gun?

This is slightly different. To buy a gun in the US, you need to meet the requirements above, as well as be over 18, for rifles, and over 21 for handguns. You also must be over 21 if you want a Class III(see below) firearm.

Buying ammunition is similar. You must present ID if buying in person, and most places online require you to fax your Driver's License in order to buy. Some places rely on confirmation from UPS when delivered, which saves everyone hassle. ALWAYS buy online, since it is much cheaper, has no tax and does not require showing your ID to every tom, d**k and harry at the counter in your local wal-mart. Rifle and shotgun ammunition is 18 and over, handgun ammo is 21 and over. If you own a handgun, you can legally have someone buy ammo for you if you're under 18.

How do I buy a gun?

That depends on what you're buying and where.

If you are buying in your state you can buy FTF(face to face, in person), without needing to present ID, if it's a private owner. If you are buying from an FFL(a dealer), you must present some form of photo-ID.

If you are buying out of state, it must be shipped to a local gun dealer(most pawn shops or gun shops), where you pick it up. In order to do this, you have to have the FFL(common shorthand for a dealer, taken from the name of the ATF license required to sell firearms as a company) fax a copy of said FFL to the seller's FFL(if they are not already one). This usually costs a small fee. At my usual place, it costs 25$ Prices range anywhere from free to 50$ or so, depending on the FFL.

If you're buying a Class III(see below) gun, you need to file a Form 1 with the ATF, have your fingerprints taken, pay a 200$ tax to the ATF and wait for approval(takes a LONG time, months, because the ATF are assholes), then get approval from the local Chief of Police. Alternately, you can form a revocable living trust and buy the gun as that, which cuts out all the crap except the Form 1. Either way, the gun must be shipped to a dealer owning a Class 3 FFL, who will charge you a lot more than a regular FFL. You pick it up from there.

What guns can I own this way?

Short answer: any.

Long answer: Any firearm you desire and can afford.

What is "Class III"?

Class III items are:

Fully Automatic firearms made pre-1986.
Suppressors(silencers).
Any firearm(with a few notable exceptions for shotguns and the Nitro Express big game cartridges) that has a bore diameter of greater than 12.7mm(.50 caliber).
Any firearm with a stock(pistols with stocks, as well as rifles) with a barrel less than 16" long.
Any shotgun with a barrel less than 18" long.
Anything that explodes, including RPG rounds, frag rounds for grenade launchers, HE rounds, etc. This does NOT include flares, dummy grenades or most incendiary rounds, which are perfectly legal.

What about full auto guns made after 1986?

Not unless you're a Law Enforcement department(not a cop, an actual police department) or a Class 02 FFL holder who does not have that particular model in stock.

Can I carry my gun on me?

Short answer: yes.
Long answer: according to Federal law, you can carry openly or concealed anywhere except for court houses, prisons and national parks(now that a certain judge overturned the law which would have allowed it in parks). Of course, different states have different laws. Despite it being shown as blatantly unconstitutional by the Supreme Court, and DC's gun ban being overturned, DC cops will arrest you if you so much as think of carrying(or even owning, if you get a particularly nasty one).

FL answer: You cannot openly carry, that is carry with the gun visible on your hip or shoulder. However, if you get a Concealed Carry permit, which is both affordable and easy to obtain, you can carry concealed legally.

I do not recommend you carry any gun that is Class III, though, as the media would go nuts.

Can I make my own guns?

Yes. If you can legally own the gun, you can legally make it. If you're making something Class III(except for F/A, which would be post-86 and so you couldn't make it), you must file a Form 1 with the ATF and do all the paperwork needed to buy the same thing, plus submit plans of the gun, if available.

If you make a non-Class III gun, you do not have to put serial numbers on it. However, you cannot sell, trade or give this gun to anyone in any way if it does not have serial numbers and all other relevant data stamped or engraved on it. That would be the serial number, the name of manufacturer and the state it was made in. Unless you plan to sell the gun, just forego the serial number BS. Do not carry a non-serial'd gun, though, as it's bad ju-ju.

I'm going to add onto this as I go along, so keep looking for updates.  

lazycommie

Community Lounge

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff