Reply Community Lounge
Ebooks!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

God-Raped-Me

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:14 pm
At first I was going to make this a thread so I could find an ebook I want, but then I figured that I wouldn't be the only one who might want one. So if anyone else in interested in getting an ebook and can't seem to find it themselves just post it here. I'll keep it in the first post and when someone says they have found it I'll post who has said ebook for you. Just post the book and author(s).

What is an ebook?
An ebook is an electronic book. Basically if you have, say, a Harry Potter book in full on your computer that's an ebook.

Wanted:

GRM - The Guide To Getting It On by (Psy.D.) Paul Joannides  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:37 pm

I am an old ATG member =]

I prefer a book you can hold that doesn't shine in your eyes

Click here to PM Me regarding ATG.
I am not a Mod but I am a regular and will always answer if you ask =]

Shram

4,000 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250

124-C

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 1:49 pm
I don't think it's available in eBook form, GRM. Try buying it instead.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:11 pm
Based of just a quick google search, I'm not sure that you can get it as in ebook, GRM.

Generally, I find that I prefer reading an actual physical book and that most people who I discuss this with agree. (A reason not to think that the internet has made the library and book store obselete.)

For anyone who is interested, when I'm having difficulty getting my hands on something I usually try this site and get it as an ebook. I like using it if I can't seem to find one of the good old classics in the store. I have less patience for reading off the computer screen though, so whether or not I actually get around to reading these ebooks is another thing.  

[ Terra ]

5,950 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Wall Street 200
  • Citizen 200

Sentama Lin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:39 pm
I have mixed feelings about eBooks. While I love the convenience of eBooks (for example, I use my Nintendo DS and 100 Classic Books all the time to read on the bus) I miss the feeling of an actual book. In addition, as with many others, the backlight of most eBook solutions other than ones that use Digital Paper technology (the Kindle, for example) hurt my eyes after a while. Also, I'm the type to write in the margins of my books on more than one occasion.

That said, the most common eBooks to be found at the moment are ones that are in the Public Domain, and I usually read eBooks of classical literature more than more-modern ones.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:44 pm
User Image

Don't get me wrong, I would prefer to read it as as a book as well. I just don't want to spend the money on it and hate it. If I get it and like it that's one thing because it'll be money well spent. however if I get it and hate it, I will be angry because it'll be money that could have gone to something better, or something for my kids, you know?

I just hate spending money on something that I hate. If I do like the book I would buy it anyways because I'd rather the real thing!
User Image

God-Raped-Me

Kalstolyn

Desirable Genius

5,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:16 pm
I have Microsoft Reader on my phone, and tend to download eBooks to read there... Illegally of course. I'm too ******** lazy to walk down the the public library and grab books to read for free. That's the great thing about libraries: it doesn't cost anything to read a book and give it back.

I do rather love the smell of real books though.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:33 pm
User Image

I kinda have a phobia of libraries, I have no clue why. I just can't stand going there, and picking out books.

God it's almost as bad as people afraid of butterflies.
User Image

God-Raped-Me

lazycommie

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:39 pm
Check Gigapedia, they have most books available. You have to sign up to access the "links" tab for a book and download the book, but it's free and worth it.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:40 pm
If you really wanted to see if you can find the book: You could try searching for a Torrent or using P2P for it ninja

Otherwise, another option to see if it will be worth it for you is to go to Amazon and Barnes and Noble's eBook section, see if it exists, and see if you can get a preview of it. Try before buying eh wot?  

Sentama Lin

AlcoholicPancake
Crew

3,100 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Voter 0
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 7:22 pm
No luck Sent, there aren't any for that book.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:15 am
User Image

This makes me a sad panda man!
User Image

God-Raped-Me

Community Lounge

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items