Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Questions and Assistance
How to make custom Gaia content?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

matthornb

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 3:37 pm
Hi, I'm an experienced digital artist but a Gaia newbie.

Could anyone please explain to me how to make custom-designed objects for Gaia and sell them in my shop? Avatar stuff, clothing, furniture, car items, aquarium content, etc.

I'm having trouble finding relevant information about how to do this.

If you guys can help me and direct me to useful tools and resources for Gaia content creation, I'll give some of whatever earnings I make at my store to the individual people who respond helpfully to this thread and to this guild generally.

Thanks.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 12:45 am
Hi Matt!

That is a great question, and one that I had as well before getting accustomed to how avatar sites work.

Short answer is: you can't. Only staff, generally staff that are physically there in the Gaia office, create the items. The developers then integrate them into the system. Rare exceptions are contest winners: items such as Ribbon Luv Sleeves were designed by a regular member. Christian Siriano also designed some items as a special promotion.

Other avatar sites, no matter how small they are, work in much the same way. Staff make and implement items: contests are held in which regular members submit items and a winner is picked.  

Avzel

Avzel

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 12:50 am
*takes breath*
But!! That does not mean your digital skills would be wasted here. Far from it!

Members will pay for your portaits of their avatars, and for your profile illustrations and designs. If you learn CSS code for profiles and create interesting, uncomplicated layouts, you could be a Gaia millionaire within a short amount of time.

Other possibilities include illustrations for home pages of guilds and clans, logos and maps for roleplaying threads. These are not solicited as frequently as the above two options.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 1:12 pm
neutral Disappointing, especially considering that in some other MMOs, like Second Life, you can make or modify just about anything.

Not that that's completely a good thing, but still... rolleyes

But I can do OK in any case. At least there are some ways to make gold in Gaia Online - the avatar art being one good example.

I may stick around and do that now and then. Of course, I also have much, much else to do so I won't be here very often.

In any case, thank you for your replies, and be sure to check your trades for a small gift as a token of my appreciation.

BTW, I'm a Christian too, OV8ION. smile

Hope things go well with you.  

matthornb

Avzel

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 1:26 pm
Thanks! I see the trade but it is empty. 4laugh You might want to cancel and start again?
There is one other money-making graphic arts way I forgot about - Feedable/Breedable Pets. I don't know much about them but they can be lucrative.

And yay! God always reserves a portion of His people (1 Kings 19:18 ).  
☆ Questions and Assistance

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games