deathnote addict!!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

iloveyou_029

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:12 pm
im deathnote big fan, hehe..

its so very amazing , and full of mystery...
i love amane misa, ..
and i would like to become L..
hehehe,,

im just dreaming..

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:14 pm
I only watched the show, and I loved it. Right up until L died.

M and N? Really?  

124-C

Phaeton

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:15 pm
I dunno, L had a pretty crummy path. After his death the show got kinda goofy. For some odd reason Light became so short sighted.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:16 pm
I gave up on it after L died. =/ Just wasn't that good.

And Amane Misa can die in a fire. Horrible, horrible character. I would have loved to see the end of her, preferably by slow torture of some sort.

Taeryyn

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

124-C

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:18 pm
Phaeton
I dunno, L had a pretty crummy path.

That's so he knew how to get home! :p

@Tae — I didn't mind her character. She was that way because she needed to be that way. Also, she was nice to look at.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:19 pm
Phaeton
I dunno, L had a pretty crummy path. After his death the show got kinda goofy. For some odd reason Light became so short sighted.

The whole power corrupts thing was such a base theme. I expected them to break away from it till the end. Still a great show thought. I think they killed L for the shock value.  

Saverio C.

4,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Taeryyn

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:23 pm
Never seen the animated version. Only read the manga.

And Tsuji, the movie managed to be excellent without as much emphasis on the Misa-Misa character. I am confident the manga could have been just as good without her idiocy. The fact that she's a useless twit far outweighs her usefulness as eye-candy. x3 Found the male leads more interesting to look at, personally.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:33 pm
Well, if ya want to get into it, Deathnote wasn't exactly fair on female characters. Most of em were eye candy with moderate or sub-par intelligence, and/or easily manipulated by Light.  

Phaeton

Nyx Is Queen

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:40 am
I've never watched Deathnote, people have said it's bit deep and I'm really into that.
I'm more Sailor Moon and Fruits Basket, stuff like that ^______^

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 6:28 am
blaugh I got my mom addicted to Deathnote. I loved the entire series. Even after L died. He is the best character (in my opinion anyway) but after he died, I couldn't wait to see how things would end. It would have made me crazy not to see the conclusion of that series. There's some great moments in that last episode too. Light has the best psychotic laugh I've ever heard.  

Kyla_Ewens

Crew

Questionable Receiver

13,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500

Surazal Dloc

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 6:45 am
I've read all the manga and watched about half the anime (which so far seems to follow the manga fairly accurately) and I too found the story flopped after L's death. To me it was like someone who was like a cheap copy of L but not as good caught Light, although I do realise Light was starting to screw up which lead to his demise.

I personally like the movies the best. They expanded on dull sub plots and made them much more awesome and the story was jsut a whole lot better. One example is the plot with Ray Pembars Wife. It was a heck lot more interesting and exciting in the movie than the manga/anime. I also like Light's character in the moives better. He is much more cool/sauve and seems more methodical and cunning. The manga/anime version reminded me of a mad scientist, where as movie version had the cool evil smirk.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 5:33 pm
I love the series. From beginning to end. Without a doubt. I watched the whole anime, and currently working on manga, but reading the manga is taking me a while because I stop to appreciate the art too much (it's really good).

I never watched the movies, and I don't want to or do I ever plan to. Live action... eh. I'm staying with the anime and manga.  

Ixcilia

Taeryyn

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 5:42 pm
You're missing out. It's exceptionally well-done. ; D The guy who plays L was ********.

I have almost zero interest in watching the animated series. *shrug*

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:12 am
The animated series is good put I like reading it better. Has any one seen the death note movie? I have not seen it, is good  

a bee farmer

The Dinosaur Next Door

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:45 am
Meeeelllllooooooooooo. Everyone else should have died!  
Community Lounge

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games