Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Questions and Assistance
How Do You "Take Pictures" of Your Screen, again? =X (A)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

elyzia

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:01 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

First of all, on a pretty irrevent note, I just want to say that even though I have my own guild with 8,500+ members, I'd never even think of going anywhere but the NSTG when I have questions that I need answered, fast. This subforum rocks my pixelated socks blaugh

Anyway, so I'm trying to do an invo sale in the Gaia Exchange, when I realized that I totally cannot remember how to take pictures of the screen I have open so I can paste them into paint & edit them to show my inventory. Hopefully I'm making at least some sense, I can't find a good way to express what I'm asking. I know it involves the "F11 Prnt Scrn" button, but whenever I press that, it just makes the screen I have open act all weird.

Help, anyone? =X

A CROWD FLOWED OVER LONDON BRIDGE, SO MANY // I HAD NOT THOUGHT DEATH HAD UNDONE SO MANY.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:48 pm
You want to hit Alt + PrintScrn 3nodding

(And I'm glad you like the guild :B)  

fillabunny2

Avzel

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:06 am
If you have a PC, press the PrntScrn button. This copies it to the clipboard. Open any art program such as MS Paint and press Cntrl-V to paste. Your screenshot should appear.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:36 pm
Yeah i was wondering how to do that too but now I get it! So if we have a pc/windows computer we press printscreenSysRq button then open up paint and copy and paste the screen shot? Well thanks for the tip!  

Dark Roaming Soul

7,200 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Nerd 50

Tirii Kazuko

3,600 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:48 am
Wait I have a mac.. What do i do? sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:41 am
x-Oh Sugar

http://osxdaily.com/2010/05/13/print-screen-mac/

How to Print Screen to a file on the desktop in Mac OS X

The basic functionality of taking a screen capture of a window or desktop in Mac OS X takes an image and dumps it to a file on the Mac desktop. Each uses the pressing of Command and Shift keys concurrently as the basis for execution, followed by a number:
  • Command+Shift+3: takes a screenshot of the full screen (or screens if multiple monitors), and save it as a file to the desktop
  • Command+Shift+4: brings up a selection box so you can specify an area to take a screenshot of, then save it as a file to the desktop
  • Command+Shift+4, then spacebar, then click a window: takes a screenshot of a window only and saves it as a file to the desktop

That site also says how you can make a copy just to the clip board so you can paste it in a document.

Hope this helps!  

Kitten 4 Him

6,400 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Invisibility 100

Tirii Kazuko

3,600 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:27 am
Kitten 4 Him
x-Oh Sugar

http://osxdaily.com/2010/05/13/print-screen-mac/

How to Print Screen to a file on the desktop in Mac OS X

The basic functionality of taking a screen capture of a window or desktop in Mac OS X takes an image and dumps it to a file on the Mac desktop. Each uses the pressing of Command and Shift keys concurrently as the basis for execution, followed by a number:
  • Command+Shift+3: takes a screenshot of the full screen (or screens if multiple monitors), and save it as a file to the desktop
  • Command+Shift+4: brings up a selection box so you can specify an area to take a screenshot of, then save it as a file to the desktop
  • Command+Shift+4, then spacebar, then click a window: takes a screenshot of a window only and saves it as a file to the desktop

That site also says how you can make a copy just to the clip board so you can paste it in a document.

Hope this helps!
Thanks very much its worked! heart  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:47 am
Glad I could be of service! 3nodding

Have a great day!  

Kitten 4 Him

6,400 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Invisibility 100

Purtie

Obsessive Elder

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:59 am
If you have an older computer, you may have to push the fn key at the same time you push the print screen key.  
☆ Questions and Assistance

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games