Wii
View Results

^^Psycha^^

6,150 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:41 am
Its almost summer and Im planning on buying a videogame console, I dont know which one t buy Im between a X Box 360 or a PS3, obvoiusly the PS3 is more expensive like 1 thousand pesos more well it depend, but I want some advice from you guys that have videogames which one do you recomend more for me, Im a big fan of soccer games, games like Soul Calibour or Death or Alive, easy stuff to play, the 360 seems more atrractive becuase is cheaper but I heard if it overheats you are doom because of the circle of the read lights and have to send it to repair

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:48 am
I'm of the opinion that the 360 has a higher online player base if you're worried about online multiplayer play. The problems with the systems still happen, but it isn't as bad as it was before. Plus it's cheaper than the PS3.

While I would go for the Wii because I have a Nintendo DSi and because I like games I can play for a few minutes then put away, it sounds like your best choice would be the 360.  

Sentama Lin

Kyla_Ewens

Crew

Questionable Receiver

13,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:52 am
Well my boyfriend just got a PS3 and he's thrilled with it. I own a Wii myself and I'm totally satisfied with it.

xd I'm not really much help, because I knew I wanted a Wii so I haven't paid much attention to the other consoles. But what I do know, is after about a year of my boyfriend saying, "I'm getting a 360! No wait! I'm getting a PS3!" He decided on a PS3. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:56 am
The biggest reason right now If I buy a PS3 is the blu ray, I would be able to play movies and I save on buying a buy ray player  

^^Psycha^^

6,150 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Kyla_Ewens

Crew

Questionable Receiver

13,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:59 am
That's part of the reason I got a PS2...well for the DVD player not Blu-ray. At the time, I was in college, so it was perfect. So I guess your best bet is to size up both systems and determine which one will give you what you want most. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:09 pm
360 - It has a wide variety of games out, and it has an excellent online lobby system. The older models suffer from overheating, but with the new ones, the elites or whatever, they DO have improvements now that avoid overheating, and as long as you don't just set it on carpeting you shouldn't have to worry TOO much about over heating. Plus, there's a number of youtube tutorials explaining how to fix the Red Ring of Death without having to send it in to Microsoft and be without your system for a few months.

PS3 - Has some great games out on it, and it's online system isn't TOO bad. Plus some of the games you can download on it are pretty fun too. It DOES heat up pretty quickly, but if you don't set it on carpeting and you remember to turn it off when you're not using it you should be fine. It's also the most powerful of all the next gen systems out right now ( not including computer, because we all know those will ALWAYS be the most powerful and customizable ) A major downside to the PS3 is the fact that you have to be really careful with all your game discs due to the fact that they're blue ray and a scratch could render the game unplayable depending on how bad it is. Then again, anyone who takes care of their stuff even the slightest bit won't have to worry about that. Just put your games away after you're done using them or are switching them out, and you're golden.

Wii - The ultimate party system basically. It's games are best you have a few people over and playing games with them. It has a decent selection of games out now, and it really allows you to get " INTO " the game by moving around and stuff. Not really suffering from Overheating, and with it's compact design, it's fine to set in high traffic areas, or even areas that are a bit smaller, but only if they have proper airflow, though overheating isn't normally an issue with them.

I'm not sure which system has Fifa on it, but I'm sure whichever system DOES have those games, that it'll be fun on any. Fifa games are a blast when playing with people.  

AlcoholicPancake
Crew

3,100 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Voter 0

Kyla_Ewens

Crew

Questionable Receiver

13,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:28 pm
^_^ That's a really good summary Pancake!  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:30 pm
Thanks for the infmation AlcoholicPancake, the fifa for all the plataforms  

^^Psycha^^

6,150 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

invisible-weirdo

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:49 pm
Based on the games you like to play, I'd say just decide between the 360 and PS3. While the Wii is crazy fun at parties, it's not a very powerful system, so if you play something like fifa, which you say is for all systems, you probably won't be getting the full experience if you play it on a Wii. That and I still feel the motion controls can get pretty gimmicky and annoying after a while (some games are able to implement the motion controls really really well. Other ones try a little too hard and it's obvious.).

Also keep in mind when considering a PS3, if you buy a brand new one, it is not backwards compatible. So if you like your PS2 games, don't sell your PS2 >.>

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:26 am
I have a PS3, and I love it. I got one of the older ones with backwards compatibility, which is good since I never got a PS2. I love the system over all.

I read in a new article on yahoo that there will be another wii coming out I don't know when, but it will be a bit more powerful and have improved graphics  

Kire Kaysan

Liltweet_gal

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:53 am
I'd get a PS3....but that's mostly because of one game that i played at my friend's house on her PS3. Little Big Planet is amazing~ mrgreen  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:53 pm
Yall know, I think Ill go for the XBOX 360, after all its cheaper, and blu ray is still expensive, and there arent that many movie titles, plus I dont think there are still fake movies and in the XBOX 360 I can buy fake movies for a dollar and see them in my xbox and they are good quality and theres a chip you buy you put to your xbox so you can buy fake videogames and they work like the real expensive ones, I was surprise I went to a store today and saw the games price ******** those things are dam expensive a thousand pesos that would be like 90 dlls, a single game like Resident Evil, or FIFA 09 or Kill Zone, to much money, with that money I could buy a totally new skateboard, clothes or have a blast at a club and end up real drunk...now I remember why all my friends bought in its times the x box you could buy the chip to play pirate games lol and save tons of money
I will buy my Xbox 360 Elite Version of Rsident Evil ofcially May 23 the day I finish my 1st year at medicine school, Ill have 2 months and a bit more to kill my eyes playing all die...Ill say goodbye to social life also it would be interesting

^^Psycha^^

6,150 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
Community Lounge

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items