Reply Community Lounge
Important announcement everyone!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Catalog Cats

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:40 pm
Now. You may have heard of these interesting little things called Ecospheres, in which a few shrimp live in an enclosed ecosystem before naturally dying after 2 to 5 years.

Well, it's all a complete lie. Don't buy them.

To explain, I just bought one, and while I was looking for information about the species found in the globes, I found out something awful.

That species of shrimp can actually live up to 20 years. It's just that the conditions inside the Ecosphere are bad, and it kills them off gradually.

So now I'm going to buy them a proper tank and stuff. But really, just don't buy the things in the first place... It supports the company. Gah, I wish I'd found this out before.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:43 pm
I... have no idea what Ecospheres are....  

Sanzoskitsune
Crew

-Kandy_Cube-

Magic Girl

19,350 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 5:10 am
Sanzoskitsune
I... have no idea what Ecospheres are....

Sea-monkeys?

Not a clue

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:45 am
I'm currently hosting a contest in the ATG clan...

Sounds to me like the Ecosphere is the tank itself, where the (shrimp?) live and either don't have room or a chemical free enviroment to grow.

Either way, I don't do the whole fish thing, not since I killed my fish when I was seven by feeding them coca-cola and spaghetti-o's. Still, if they are killing them off for their own profit, that seems a bit... unreasonable.

...The prize is 5k. Why not swing by and check it out?

User Image

Roland Karloseth

Invisible Hunter

9,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200

The Dinosaur Next Door

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:48 am
Lawl @ Coke and Spaghetti-o's. ******** lawl.

Er, my sis has fish, but not shrimp. Hers are sharks and dinosaurs. biggrin But thank you for letting any guild members with shrimp know, I'm sure they'll want a tank as well for their shrimpies.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:57 am

xd Indeed. Come to think of it, I uh... did a lot of stupid things when I was little (Stuck a pop-tart in the vcr, stuck the christmas presents in the water for the tree...)

User Image

Roland Karloseth

Invisible Hunter

9,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200

The Dinosaur Next Door

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:00 am
That's amazing. If I had to spawn, I'd want my offspring to be like your childhood self. I'd be too busy laughing to get angry with them. blaugh  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:05 am

Ehh, maybe. I particularly remember one occasion where I went through the entire house, drawing giant circles on the walls with a crayon. They were supposed to be hole-portal type things xd Needless to say, mom was not pleased.

User Image

Roland Karloseth

Invisible Hunter

9,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200

The Dinosaur Next Door

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:20 am
I never got why people got upset at kids for doing stuff like that. It's natural; I don't know of anyone who didn't do that... I used to draw on my face all the time! My sister took baths in our mother's makeup. We took crayons and markers to the walls. That's part of child-rearing...
(Hijacked the thread - sorry.)  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:33 pm
Well, I looked up these Ecospheres...

Quote:
The average life of the small sphere and small pod is 2-3 years. The other units tend to last longer because they begin with more shrimp. The life expectancy of these shrimp is known to exceed 5 years, and the oldest EcoSpheres are now over 10 years old and still going strong. We do not know how long your EcoSphere will live due to different light and temperature conditions throughout the country, and we do not know the exact age of the shrimp when they are placed into the EcoSphere.

They aren't purposely making the shrimp die early to turn a bigger profit. They die early as a result of the limitations of a small system.  

124-C

shiny dollar

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:03 am
You bought one? Ha.  
Community Lounge

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out