Kyla_Ewens

Crew

Questionable Receiver

13,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:05 am
Yesh! I'm not dead! I just couldn't think of a good topic.

Anyway, I went to college and got an English degree. But when I graduated, I had no idea what to do with myself. My three roomates basically had their futures all planned out (Interior design, Interior design, and creative art therepy). My whole senior year of college, my roomates used the fact that I was unsure about my future career to bully and gang up against me. sweatdrop

So for two years after college, I took a couple different temporary jobs, and went on an amazing trip to Japan. All through which I've managed to maintain a very happy relationship with my boyfriend, whom I've been dating long distance for the past 4 years.

And now...FINALLY, I have a direction. I have goals and plans to achieve those goals. Right now I'm working at Dunkin Donuts to save up. Then in September, I'll be starting classes on Saturday mornings learning how to teach English as a second language. I will work and take the classes until I complete the class in December. My boyfriend will also be taking a similar program at some point soon (still has 1 year of college left) and when we're both ready, we want to travel to Japan together and teach English abroad for a while.

So ATG, what are your goals and dreams? And if you don't have anything specific, feel free to vent about that as well. sweatdrop Because believe me, I can empathize with that sucky feeling of not knowing what to do with your life.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:38 am
My Goal, is to be the best Surgeon possible, and if its possible best than my dad and mom. Im currently in Medicine and today is my last day of my first year, just 5 more to go and then my speciality lol theres a long road to walk still.
What type of surgeon I want to become I dont know still maybe a plastic, maybe a general and do a sub in gastro like my dad or not be a surgeon and do investigation for laboratories  

^^Psycha^^

6,150 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Nikoru Tairuro

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:56 pm
That's sounds like a very cool plan ^^ I'm sure the Japanese would appreciate it just as much as Americans would love to learn Japanese smile Right now, my goal is just to study and work hard during the summer so my junior year in high school will be a breeze!! whee I'm also looking for scholarships this summer. biggrin  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:32 pm
That's really amazing you were able to go to Japan Kyla! You sound really accomplished. biggrin

Ah surgeon...good luck Psycha. wink

I am so determined on being in the circus it's hilarious. I've always been told to go to college, get an education, earn a living, etc. Yet I've found aerial silks and they are absolutely one of the funnest and worthwhile activities I've ever picked up. Decided right on the spot that I will follow through, of course if I get denied access to perform with a circus company I can fall back and try for college. 3nodding  

pixyseshy

Senryoske

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:54 pm
My biggest goal- Not fail math and chem finals that are coming up. crying

But honestly-

Find a college that is relativly affordable and has a degree in what I'm looking for (Creative Writing... if anyone has any ideas.... *wink wink*)

Write a ******** book. Plain out and simple. Then hope it does good.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:24 pm
Senryoske

But honestly-

Find a college that is relativly affordable and has a degree in what I'm looking for (Creative Writing... if anyone has any ideas.... *wink wink*)

I dunno where you're from, but I majored in English with a creative writing focus at Endicott College in Beverly MA. They've got great professors for writing and literature. xp Their writing professor is the most brilliant lunatic I've ever met.

He once put a beret on an overhead projector and introduced the class to it saying, "This is my new girlfriend...Monique. Isn't she beautiful?"  

Kyla_Ewens

Crew

Questionable Receiver

13,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500

^^Psycha^^

6,150 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:14 pm
Senryoske

But honestly-

Thtas really cool I always wanted to write a book one about the Armenian Genocide and anotehr about my life like a biography of my life but more like a novel...good luck with math and chemistry and an affordable collegue sorry I dont know I live in Mexico for the moment Im disconected with USA universitys, and good luck with the books  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:15 pm
To Kyla_Ewens- Wow, that sounds like a pretty neat school. I'm from PA, and we all know its practically the sticks. So finding a good college that's also affordable can be near impossible. Or at least it feels like it

To ^^Psycha^^- Those both sound like serious topics to write about. If you're life is anything like mine, the best parts would be anything involving relatives. And Thanks for the Luck.  

Senryoske

Papier Doll

4,950 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:34 am
Interesting.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:50 am
Well...any immediate goals would consist of getting through school and finally getting my Bachelors of science in Pyschology with out being hugely in debt, and then hopefully start my masters next fall (2010). Long term though, I want to get my Ph.D and become an recongnized therapist, I want to be able to help as many people as possible. And then I am hoping to be engaged in 2 years so that I can start my life with my boyfriend and start enjoying my life a little more. biggrin  

YukiOfTheMightnightHour

5,200 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200

sugasu

Questionable Wrangler

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:42 am
I plan on getting loads of scholarships, find a decent college(Nothing overly expensive.), major in Psychology and creative writing and hopefully write a book one day.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:23 pm
Current career plans involve finally getting my business signs up so I can see more patients in my new location (home office + major route = win). Apply early, kids - your government at work makes glaciers look hasty. Secondary plans may involve real estate classes in August, since our area is getting swamped with BRAC relocators and we could certainly use the income.

Other than that, my plan is to get my son's school schedule written up for next year, so we can have another awesome year of home schooling.

My overall goal is to have a loving relationship with my husband that lasts a lifetime, and to raise intelligent, well-adjusted children who will bring something positive to the world by their being in it. And, ideally, to save enough money to take them all travelling around the world so that they can have broader horizons and rich experiences. Me too, come to that!  

Yvaine

General Snicker-Doodle

Shy Conversationalist

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 8:23 am
Sure, I've got a few goals and dreams.
-I want to get at least a master's degree in psychology.
-I'd like to go skydiving one day (no joke!).
-I want to travel the world.
-I want to see all or most of my favorite bands in concert before they stop touring (I listen to classic rock, so naturally my favorite bands are kinda old and can't play onstage forever.).
-I would rather like to marry someone special.
-Here's a big one! I want to buy either a 1970 or a 1973 Mustang convertible.

=D

Community Lounge

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff