Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Questions and Assistance
Signatures in Forums priority: low

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lionel the Omnipotent

Unbeatable Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:55 am
Words are a waste of time

I created a signature in Tektek that changes every time you load up the page, it shows up find and dandy when I post in guild forums but is reduced to a link when I post in forums outside of "guild-land."

¿Other than rebuilding the code elsewhere is there a known fix I can make to the coding to correct this?

Destruction is a language everyone understands

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:26 pm
LOL this is a very... unusual case. Well the images that are being used in your siggy are hosted by photobucket (a whitelisted site) so when you post it in the guilds, it will show up just fine. But forums are more up-to-date and since the source URL is not a whitelisted site (http://r.undev.org/?r=204253) it shows up as a link in the more current forums. LOL this is a very uncommon case and I wish you the best of luck with trying to fix it. BTW funny quote by Einstein in your siggy rofl  

maui boy no ka oi

Allied Ally

12,700 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Newbie Helper 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Avzel

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:32 pm
I went hunting for an answer for you.

"Gaia blocks sites by default except trusted sites like photobucket"
Even if all your images are from Photobucket, the code to switch them is prob. tektek and so Gaia will turn it into a link instead.
Best I can suggest is to either make an animated GIF and host it on Photobucket, or go to the Computers forum with a list of the code to see if they can figure out some way to let it show.

Also, make sure on your own profile that you allow all pics not just whitelisted ones.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:45 pm
I did not come to play

It ended up being the account setting for images.
xp

Thank You
Danke
Merci
Arigato
Gracias

I came to win

Lionel the Omnipotent

Unbeatable Lunatic

☆ Questions and Assistance

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff