[RP] The Adventurer's Guild: PPnP Compendium Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sentama Lin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:39 am
Character: Jean D'Moravia
Character Creation Method: D&D 3.5; Maximum Ranks, Fewer Choices Variant; Rolled Stats
Single-Word Description: Informant

-----

Information Coming Soon  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:53 pm
OpenRPG Software

I'm thinking about using OpenRPG as the main way to play Dungeons and Dragons with people online. It has tabletop map features, dice rollers, and ways to share and interact with character sheets and other information. The interface, however, is far from friendly, and I'll be playing around with it for a small while so I fully know how to explain the features to my players.

Until then, for people interested in playing in my campaign, please download Python, wxPython, and OpenRPG from the OpenRPG web site, and please be patient with me as I learn how to use this software. This software is available for Windows, Mac (Intel and PowerPC), and Linux systems.  

Sentama Lin

Sentama Lin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:01 pm
Game Master: Sentama Lin
Current Campaign: The Adventurer's Guild
Software of Choice: OpenRPG, IRC Chatroom

-----

Information Coming Soon  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:28 pm
Campaign: The Adventurer's Guild
Game Type: Dungeons and Dragons 3.5; Maximum Ranks, Fewer Choices Variant; Rolled Stats; Core Set Only

-----

Hazeltharne, a port town, sits on the shore of a grand lake whose depths seem to rival the deeps of any ocean, at least, say the troubadours and poets who describe the place. The town permeates with the smell of freshly caught fish and other fruits of the water and the smell of salt as artisans toil to preserve, prepare, and pickle the lake's bounty. Architecture and buildings around the port seem ancient, though enhanced by the flow of time: crumbling stone buildings held together strongly with wood and iron; statues depicting heroes, carved perfectly with skill to resemble the ideal man, conquering various ilk of the evils of mankind and placed in semi-ordered places in the town's main road; the harbor itself, with its large cobbled stone piers extending out long distances from land, decorated with deformed gargoyles who look out to the water, as if scaring all dangers away, and extended with wooden extensions to better hold ships, seemed to hold giant, ancient, and magical vehicles in a time long past.

Back to land, the streets were lined with shops, interspersed between housing in no common order or appearance (save for being old-but-in-sturdy-condition), that sell a multitude of things. The majority of them are general stores, where the populace goes to pick up their breads, cheeses, and other necessities of life, though, if one searches hard enough, a queer black pearl, a gemstone, a tattered tome of some wizard long gone, and other oddities could be found on the counter of any of these shops. Taverns and inns were also sprinkled around, providing comfort, rest, and entertainment for the worldy visitors of the town: sailors, troubadours, monks and clerics on pilgrimages, fussy nobles waiting for their boat away, and the occasional vagrant or landsneckt or wizard, looking for the next quest, or just looking for any chance for riches.

It is here, in this town's taverns, where the sailors, the nobles, and anybody and nobody, share all sorts of information and gossip with each other. This is the reason that a guild formed here. At first, it was merely a dusty bunch of adventurers, eavesdropping on any dirt or conversation about any jobs in the town. Eventually, it grew bigger, and grew more organised. People traveled to the town not only to find information, but also to disclose information, and to hire people. The Adventurer's Guild was born.

-----

This is a campaign where characters can start out their adventure. All new characters will start at level one and a backstory no deeper than where he got all his stuff. The story will center around this adventurer's guild that receives various job offers from many different places. Create a character, go with the wind, and see where your story takes you. I plan to have this campaign bi-monthly, or weekly, depending on schedules, and I plan to make it easy for new members to join in the guild's fun. If you're starting out, this is the place to be.  

Sentama Lin

WiskersThCatfish

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 5:26 am
So basically I just did this... I'm really tired though, and I don't want to find a back story right now, so we'll have to do that later. Also, I don't know what all these max ranks/fewer choices nonsense is, so I did his skills regular, and I can adjust them to be how you like later.

One more thing, his ability scores ******** SUCK. Look at them and I'm sure you'll agree. I just rolled them with some d6s I've got right here, so tell me if I should reroll them using the Gaia dice or something like that. I really really would like to reroll them, because at this point, he'll have to either forgo using lay on hands, or casting spells when he hits higher levels. ******** class="quote">
Quote:

Durp
Level: 1, Class: Paladin, Exp: 0
Alignment: Lawful Good, Speed: 20ft, Size: Medium

HP 12 (Hit Die: d10)
AC 14 (16 with shield) (Base 10, Dex +0, Armor +4, Shield +2)

Strength 18 (+4)
Dexterity 11 (0)
Constitution 14 (+2)
Intelligence 11 (0)
Wisdom 13 (+2)
Charisma 15 (+3)

Fortitude +4 (Class +2, Con +2)
Reflex +0 (Class +0, Dex +0)
Will +2 (Class+0, Wis +2)

Base Attack Bonus +1

Skills (Armor Check Penalty -4, -6 with shield)
Concentration +6 (Rank +4 Con +2)
Diplomacy +7 (Ranks +4 Cha +3)
Heal +6 (Ranks +4, Wis +2)
Handle Animal +7 (Ranks +4, Cha +3)
Knowledge Religion +4 (Ranks +4, Int +0)
Ride +4 (Ranks +4, Dex +0)
Sense Motive +6 (Ranks +4, Wis +2)

Special Features/Feats
Aura of Good
Detect Evil
Smite Evil 1/day
Weapon Focus (Great Sword)
Endurance

Attacks:
Great Sword: +5, 2d6+4
Short Sword +4, 1d6+3
Smite Evil (With Great Sword): +6, 2d6+5
Smite Evil (With Short Sword): +5, 1d6+4

Equipment (total weight carried: 60lbs, Medium load >50lbs, Heavy load is >100lbs)
Great Sword (2d6, 19-20/x2, 8lbs, Slashing)
Short Sword (1d6, 19-20/x2, 2lbs, Piercing)
Scale Mail (+4AC, -4 Armor Check Penalty, 20ft Speed, 30lbs)
Heavy Steel Shield (+2AC, -2 Armor Check Penalty)
Satchel (1lb)
Waterskin (4lbs)
Bullseye Lantern (3lbs)
Oil (2 pints, 6 hours/pint, 2lb)
Traveler's Outfit (5lb)
Hempen Rope (50ft, 10lbs)
Ring of Protection +1 (x10)

Gold Pieces 7
Silver Pieces 8
(starting gold 150)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 7:54 pm
Jimbo, just re-roll. I'm adding this addendum to the campaign:

Addendum
If a character's base stat scores are lower than 72 total points, or one stat is lower than 8, the character's player may choose to re-roll.

Also, here's an explanation of Maximum Ranks, Limited Choices. Essentially, this means that you choose all your skills at level one and the chosen skills will always be assumed to be at max rank (Level + 3, or [Level +3]/2 rounded down for cross-class). You can learn new skills by taking the Skill Knowledge feat (learn two new class skills, or one new cross-class skills).

Also, please use this method to roll (I should have clarified; I apologise):

1. Total 4d6, ignoring the lowest die, eighteen times.
  2. Group each three numbers you get from the above totals.
  3. In each group, choose the highest number in the group. That will be the stat you will use.

I'm trusting that you all will not cheat.  

Sentama Lin

WiskersThCatfish rolled 20 6-sided dice: 2, 1, 3, 4, 2, 6, 2, 3, 1, 2, 5, 6, 6, 3, 1, 1, 1, 3, 4, 4 Total: 60 (20-120)

WiskersThCatfish

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:07 am
Dude... this method feels like cheating to me... But in order to take out that level of mystery... I'll just reroll my stats in here, with this post (and three more posts, in the Phunkeh thread which I will link you to).

http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?page=18596&t=3760091#189409718
^The page with my other three rolls. One post wrapped around to the top of the next page.

9, 11, 13 =13
10, 11, 11 = 11
14, 15, 15 = 15
14, 13, 14 = 14
11, 11, 9 = 11
15, 11, 16 - 16  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:56 am
Hrm, does it really? Hrm, I can't be indecisive about this, but if other people agree that this feels like cheating then I'll have to think of a better way that doesn't feel cheap. I apologise if this is very munchkin-like, but I've been accustomed to rolling stats in this manner for a while.

Feel free to post other opinions, considering that it's only starting (it's easier to fix things before they start). smile  

Sentama Lin

Sentama Lin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:26 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

While this was rolled using OpenRPG so I could make an example character for everyone, my conscience refuses to let me ever use this character simply because of those stats: 17, 17, 15, 16, 16, 16.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 4:50 pm
OpenRPG Character Sheet

I've made a character sheet file specifically designed for a D&D 3.5 campaign using the Maximum Ranks, Limited Choices, variant. To use the character sheet for your characters, import it into OpeRPG by right clicking on the Game Tree (left hand side) and selecting "Insert File" .  

Sentama Lin

RP/Game

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces