Reply Community Lounge
Getting Lied To...~

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

XxDarkMalicexX

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:34 pm
Recently I put up a thread called "New Oppurtinities Are Around The Corner"... or something like that. In it I explained how this guy named Mike was getting my girlfriend and I into an organization called Ghost Hunters here around our area of where we live.

Well... turns out that this guy was a complete fake. He wasn't on this team of paranormal investigators at all and he couldn't contact with spirits, demons and angels. He lied to us and gave us false hopes...
I'm still pretty ticked off to no limits! scream

So, in this thread, talk about:
~When you were lied to and how many times
~What was the worst one
~Have you lost friends because of lies and/or close ones?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:58 am
Let me preface this by saying that lying happens a lot in my family... my aunts, uncles, cousins, grandmother, and extended family are all guilty of lying quite a bit, sooo... take that into consideration along with what I share.

I once was betrayed very seriously by someone I really cared about. Because he lied to me while he was betraying me, when I found out about the betrayal, I never much minded the lying.

Ever since then, lying has never bothered me as much as it seems to upset other people. I guess because I experienced it through a more urgent, more immediately painful experience...

I've never really aligned any of the lies I've been told as the "worst one," I just kind of let them roll off of me. I tell a lot of white lies day-to-day at work, so they all kind of run together in terms of severity... at least, they do to me.

I've lost a family member with whom I will never be very close again, though not only because of lying... I've lost a cousin who is also a thief and who broke my trust when she came to show us her baby and had her boyfriend break into our bedrooms and steal our stuff. I've never really lost any close friends from lying, most of my true friends are still with me... one will never be as close because she stabbed me in the back, but she never lied to me about it.  

The Dinosaur Next Door

Alarias

Militant Dabbler

12,900 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:00 am
Yeah I'm a fairly skeptical person. If someone makes claims like that, I don't believe them until I've seen proof. There are way too many liars in the world to just trust everyone you meet.

As to the rest of the questions:

I've been lied to all the time...and way too many to count. Just about everyone lies once in awhile.

~What was the worst one
I couldn't really say. All of the malicious lies told to me or about me have pretty much been on the same level and have had the same sort of response from me.

Yes. Quite a few actually. If someone tells me a white lie, I can forgive them that but, other than that I don't tolerate it.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:02 am
I think I am luck when I say I don't think I have ever had a friend lie to me, at least I have never caught my friends in a lie. But I have lost friends for other reasons. On being that two friends of mine were have a huge fight over this guy! of all things to fight over, but anyway, so they were trying to pressure me into picking sides. I did not agree and walked away. Thus I lost about three friends that day, but I do not regret my desicsion, a true friend would never try to make me pick sides. I have also had people close to me hide something from me and did not tell me about it till much later, but they never lied to me they just didn't tell me, which is almost as bad but not quite as bad.  

YukiOfTheMightnightHour

5,200 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200

Kyla_Ewens

Crew

Questionable Receiver

13,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:31 pm
I'm personally very skeptical when anyone tells me that they can "see" things. I've had my own share of bizzare experiences, but I also find that most people who "see" things are either:

A) Lying because it sounds cool
B) Only think that they're "seeing" strange things because they've convinced themselves that they can, when they're really not.
C) A little of both
or of course
D) They're telling the truth.

sweatdrop I've met a lot of people who fall into the first two categories, and I think I'd only ever really believe that someone had actually seen something if I knew that person really well.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 6:27 am
I am an old ATG member =]

as far as I know people don't lie to me as often as they lie to others...
might have to do with the people I choose to hang around though xD

Click here to PM Me regarding ATG.
Captain Shram has answered your thread
now fight his brute
http://shramy.mybrute.com

Shram

4,000 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250

umi505

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 8:29 am
Lately people have lied to me constantaly and it's really starting to brake my heart. It kinda sucks when someone says they're your friend and you do everything for them only to find out 3 year later that they hated you that whole time. Wow, just wow.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 10:14 am
I've been lied to a few times before,but I end up forgetting about them until someone or something makes me remember what I was lied to about.  

Yuki_Windira

Spoopy Bibliophile

The Dinosaur Next Door

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 5:53 am
...I'm the opposite. I have trouble not remembering every time I see them, and thinking, "you totally failed me."  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:54 am
I've got to comment on the paranormal topic opener. I can't begin to count how many fake 'psychics' I uncovered walking down the main street in my town, and I started putting 'FAKE' on those post office mailing labels because of it. Now every time I see a fake, I tag it with my labels. 3nodding

Labels aren't just for cans anymore~

I was lied to (recently) about a whole bunch of stupid things I supposedly said, about someone really close to me, and that it was all a product of some very evil person who wanted to see me get yelled at.

~What was the worst one

The worst one was when I figured out my ex was really just using me to gain status. I swear it was out of an 80s teen movie or something, and that stung so hard.

Probably, but I figured with time that friends would come around and they generally do. heart  

Yanike

Community Lounge

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff