Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "TDX" Tails Doll X - Video-Gaming Subforum
What are the three most hardest RPGS you ever played?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

RPG difficulty rating (in your opinion) .
  Yay!
View Results

xXx_takashi58_xXx

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:59 pm
On a scale of 1 (hardest) to 3 (easiest), rate the hardness of your three RPGS.

Here are my hardest RPGS:

3. Sonic Brotherhood of Chronicles
2. Super Mario RPG
1. Chrono Trigger

Sonic BoC was my third hardest because of the fact that in order to get direct hits with special moves, you had to touch/slide symbols to make it happen (and I suck at that) . However, when you beat the game, you get to keep the same level you had last time, making the game easier. If that feature wasn't in there, it would be my second hardest game.

SM RPG became my second hardest because you must choose you level up bonuses wisely; if you don't, you will be stuck on the final boss with sucky stats, and since the level limit is 30, it will really suck for you.

Chrono Trigger is the hardest RPG I have ever played. That is so because The game is a lot different from other RPGS; it won't stop moving. That means that in battle, you don't take turns to think out your plans. you have to keep on moving because if you don't the enemy will not stop attacking you until you die or win. You can be put under extreme pressure if you are the only one in your team standing with low health, so you need to think fast. If you're not strong enough for certain things, and it's impossible to defeat a boss, explore and talk to major (or minor) people and you might get something that will help you in the game.

Now, what are your hardest (RPG) games?  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 3:54 pm
Hello? Hello? Hello?  

xXx_takashi58_xXx

Nerevar Fatehand

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:41 pm
Ah I love Chrono Trigger never had any issues beating it but it was an amazing game unlike the sequel/prequel/Steal the Chrono for publicity thing unlike the one that followed I just couldn't get into it but oh difficult RPGs um...hm...

3. Jade Cocoon - There would always seem to be a hunter around the corner that insta-pulled out an opposing element minion to the one you had out every time, not difficult just a pain since you had to conserve heal items a lot.
2. Legend of Dragoon - Awesome and fun game just a pain to get everything without a walkthrough, yes I'm one of those stubborn bastards who refuse to dumb down my games just to feel like I've 'accomplished' something.
1. Legend of Mana - Nightmare mode...with fist style weapons...yeah terrible combo especially when I got the ROM and emulator for my laptop for when I roam, as if Falcon Hadouken Tastsutsugen Punching a dragon in the face wasn't hard enough before switching from controller designed for the game to keyboard with touchy keys.

You'll noticed no recent RPGs are on here because they all have no difficulty...no real recent ones do for some reason RPG or other...curse you gaming industry bring back Battletoads difficulty!  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:35 am
Well...  

xXx_takashi58_xXx

Rage-of-Cultic-Fire

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:23 am
3. Champions of Norath because some of the bosses can kill in one hit

2. Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories GBA version cause I never could get good cards

1. Final Fantasy XII cause my character status sucks  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:23 am
Legend of Mana on No Future Mode (Beaten a few times now, woot)
Chrono Cross ( challenging but amazing)

And...*Gasp* a new game, Demon's Souls! An action RPG that actually gets HARDER everytime you die (And you will) and has both an amazing (If a litle vague) story and amazing combat systems.  

Nostrus Silverstream

The Timid Thinker

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:05 pm
3. Disgaea: Hour of Darkness. Sod you, Geo Panels.
2. Final Fantasy VIII. Sod you, Draw.
1. Gladius. FFFFFFFF  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:05 pm
dunno honestly......

dragon warrior was always a bit difficult back in the day. anyway, never beat without cheating....

the fire emblem games tend to get pretty hard as you go through the story.
if you dont level up some ppl, they are pretty screwed later in the game. Especially the main prince/princess characters, who are usually required to be on the field most of the time, but are weak from the very start. Definatly takes ALOT of strategy to complete these games.

outside of the fire emblem series, we really dont have a decent selection of GOOD rpgs anymore. I mean, i recall we had golden sun 1 and 2 in the early 2000s, but since then RPG games have been fading away and what few we have no longer are difficult of strategic. luckely, golden sun DS is coming out soon, and i am hoping it will follow suit with its predicessors.....  

Master Azrael Reaper

Tichelle

5,500 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 10:36 am
3. Star Ocean: The Last Hope
Once you get to the final planet you need to be like over level frickin' 90 or the monsters will constantly one-shot your entire team.

2. Final Fantasy 13
A gigantic Cactus plushie kills you in two hits unless you have at least 24000 hp, and I had 8000 hp against the final boss and owned him without taking a lot of damage, and you can't level up your characters any further untill the last boss is dead.

1. Blue Dragon
God, it's so annoying but there's these monsters who deal like 5 damage but they can just take all the turns for the rest of the battle and just kill you while you sit back and do nothing.

I don't play very many rpgs.  
PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 11:27 am
3. Digital Devil Saga: Avatar Tuner I

2. Digital Devil Saga: Avatar Tuner II

1. Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne

While I love the Final Fantasy series, Megaten games can easily eat any FF's difficulty level for a light snack. And that's with playthrough on normal.  

dyslexxicon

High-functioning Unicorn

"TDX" Tails Doll X - Video-Gaming Subforum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces