Submit

Neural Oscillation

Eloquent Roisterer

9,500 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:14 am
Is anybody else becoming extremely frustrated with these graphic ads being put on the site? I was trying to work on my aquarium yesterday and the ENTIRE time it was glitching 'cause this lame AT&T ad was on the side of my screen. It had some smiley face on a laptop screen and a television bouncing across it. Really absurd.
There's other incidents like I will try to click on a link and it'll take at least 3 minutes to load it 'cause a motion ad is lagging the whole process with it's stupid advertisement of something I'm not even remotely INTERESTED IN!

Is this happening to the rest of you? Maybe it's just my computer *kicks the hard drive*  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:18 am
Wouldn't be the hard drive that would be causing lag. It'd be more of your networking card, proc, Ram, etc...

If you use Mozilla, I'd recommend getting Adblock Plus though, because then you can just block those adds and you don't have to deal with them anymore.  

AlcoholicPancake
Crew

3,100 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Voter 0

God-Raped-Me

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:50 am
The Ms. Bimbo add makes me laugh! As if it's a good thing to be a bimbo. God damn the things they're trying to sell these days...

AND IT WORKS!  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:55 am
I hate it when webpage ads talk to me. Those smiley ones for instance. I'd be loading a page up with my sound up all the way and they would say "HIII!!" and I jump out of my skin.  

Ogyshi

Kalstolyn

Desirable Genius

5,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:20 am
Man, I haven't seen webpage ads in a good four years, since I started using Firefox with Adblock Plus and the Filterset G updater... actually I recently switched to foof, which is even better -- it replaces ads with content from sites that you select like youtube or the local news.

Also, why would you go to all the effort of opening your computer case just so you can kick the hard drive? Why not just kick the case?  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:55 pm
Meh, I don't really care  

Kyla_Ewens

Crew

Questionable Receiver

13,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500

XxDarkMalicexX

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:41 pm
I say they are really annoying, especially when you're trying to do something important, like researching or something. Ads in general are just a bunch of nonsense. Completely 1920's.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:23 pm
The ads are a pain. Though, ironically enough, I saw an ad a few days ago for a 'free gaia gold' website at the bottom of my PM box page. You'd think a website would choose what ads they would allow.

A lot of things on Gaia seem like they're selling out. The 'take quizzes from sponsors and earn gold' thing that just came out, the MTV stuff, and the Scion cars. I don't know about you guys, but I like Gaia because I can be away from all the commercial influences. They've infiltrated.

blue_lutra

Community Lounge

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff