Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply General Discussion
I needs some advice brosephs. Oh and hi. <3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

WOLFE'S HERE.
  Who?
View Results

Pirate-Wolfe

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 4:37 am
Yes, its Wolfe. Ohai there.
Decided I'd hang around here for a while I missed you guise I 'spose. <3
ANYWAY, In August I'm going to my first Anime convention, meeting some pchat friends of mine, we got a table so I was placed down as a helper, I got free tickets and I get to go in an hour earlyyyyy. Oh yeah, I'm cosplaying as Scout's Mother (aka, hottest MILF in TF2). So, what should I do and what shouldn't I... since.. It's kinda my first time.. anime con virgin.. hhhnnnggg.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:53 am
YOU.

-Love-

Do you have a link to the convention's website? That's the easiest way to know what's there and what's good and what's not.

Not sure how long the convention is - but expect to get less sleep xD
A lot of times you'll get there early (and in your case real early) and stay late if you're going to a rave. There's a chance you can duck out for a while or just hang around.
As far as spending money - well, just plan to use it up ~ you'll either find deals that you can pass up or things that you can't find anywhere else. I've bought things like googles, Sailor Moon plushies, and manga for $2. I experienced buying from the artist alley too last year and that was probably best - I think $10 or $15 got me an inked sketch of Biff and Max in a sexy pose.... lawl, and my friend got pronz of her two guys for the same price.
Oh, and just make sure prices are reasonable or you'll have a hard time making business. People kill a lot of money in the dealer's room ._."

As far as cosplaying goes - if your character has a fan base you may get pictures but if it's unknown don't expect much. I did Mika from Angel Sanctuary but I really needed to be in a group for people to recognize the manga series.

Last thing I can think of is either spend money on food or bring a cooler to feed yourself. Convention center food is always jacked up.  

Goddess Ace
Crew

Pirate-Wolfe

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:23 am
ME.

-is loved-

Oh Godace~ heart How I've missed your TL;DR posts.

Anyway the convention website is here www.smash.org.au (Our artist table is WhaleUp *plugplugplug*) It's only a small convention, mostly made up of artists and whatnot....and a maid cafe fufufufufu, I think it's best just to start small rather than get overwhelmed by tons and tons of fangirls all screaming "SASUKE-KUUUUUUUUUN AWMAHGAWWWWWD SASUNARU KAWAII DESUUUUU" If.. you get what I'm saying. I think cosplay-wise... I'll be fine? The table that I'm sitting at is going to be doing TF2 with me. Talking about cash.. thinking of only spending around $200 or so, not sure if that'd be enough though honestly. *A*

oh and link to the prons kthxbaii  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:53 pm
I went to one in Chandler. It scared me. Lots. ._.  

TheBlueWarrior
Crew

Rydia-Beck aka Lillea

Captain

Professional Conversationalist

8,200 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:32 pm
good to see ya posting again wolfie hai! i know i can't talk i got sucked into the hellz of wow.. still am but staying more loyal to gaia and clothes shopping lately. rly more peaceful and theraputic xD

i know nothing of this anime convention it sounds awesome! was sposed to go to uhh blizzcon last yr in california... that uhh doesn't count tho does it?... and i didnt go.. xbf at time, met him in vegas yr b4 last.. was wow guild master long story... didn't work out it was his tickets he bought i didn't go tho.

i wanna goooo. that sounds rly fun. so you're drawing for it then? and selling? i think i got that out of what i've read. over look meh. i'm pushing 30 next april lol i'm working hard to get back into zee loops. anywho. gl and have a blast at ur convention smile and stop by gaia more often smile

edit: oh comicon! is that in annnnyway similar... i could've gone to that this past yr over there too but chickened out. got swag from that and blizzcon tho .first time far away from home to vegas kinda did me in on traveling that far for a bit. 3 plane changes. first plane falling apart from wv and i was only passenger. blah. the 5 shots vodka didn't help much even xD... mabeh u can send a boat for me?... oh i hit ur link i see naow! that looks so fun!  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:09 pm
Welcome back Wolfe!  

Metalic_Noodles

Pirate-Wolfe

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:42 pm
Haha, I'm only really helping out with selling and stuff. I did make a few badges, thinking about making a print though...
Also, thank yooooou. <3  
General Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff