View Results

Wuyabi

Peculiar Gentlewoman

26,525 Points
  • Devoted Fortune Seeker 400
  • Timid 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 5:52 pm
Hey, I'm crossposting this to some of my other guilds. I've got a particular question: I've been trying to decide which gaming system I and my sister should buy.
I tend to like adventure games, (like the ones Lucasarts used to make) turn-based RPGs, and life-sim games. Which system has the most and best of those games available?  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:01 pm
The DS:

RPGs: Chrono Trigger, Etrian Odyssey (or at least the English version with a different title), Final Fantasy, Sonic Brotherhood of Chronicles.

Life: Harvest Moon, The Sims.

Adventure: Rocket Slime/Dragon Quest Heros, Lego StarWars, Kirby, Sonic, Mario.

You can choose any game from any one of those series.  

xXx_takashi58_xXx

xXx_takashi58_xXx

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 11:52 am
And one more thing: If you want a DS that has internet, a shopping place, a sound recorder and a camera, get a DSi. If you want to just download games, chat and play games on a 'brite' screen, get a DS Lite. If you just want a simple power saving DS, get the DS (the first one).  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:10 am
I would have to say the Xbox 360.

Great High Definition look, some of the best RPGs and Action games out there are on it, like the game of the year winner of G4tvs G-Phoria, Fallout 3. You can download Xbox Classics using microsoft points if you want some of those games back, like Halo 2, or Star Wars Jedi Knight Jedi Academy. And now you can buy xbox 360 games directly for download, so you dont have to go anywhere and can play it right away. Only if you have xbox live tho. Which costs only 50US$ a year, with six month contracts.  

Seth55

0 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Gaian 0

Thanatoast Crunch

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:03 pm
DS, yo! It's got everything. Plus, you can take it anywhere, so it beats a home console.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 6:59 pm
Seth55
I would have to say the Xbox 360.

Great High Definition look, some of the best RPGs and Action games out there are on it, like the game of the year winner of G4tvs G-Phoria, Fallout 3. You can download Xbox Classics using microsoft points if you want some of those games back, like Halo 2, or Star Wars Jedi Knight Jedi Academy. And now you can buy xbox 360 games directly for download, so you dont have to go anywhere and can play it right away. Only if you have xbox live tho. Which costs only 50US$ a year, with six month contracts.

I like how he mentioned one RPG game.

It's even better that he didn't mention Fable or Fable II.
Looks like the DS is the solid choice.

I've got a PS3 myself, but I don't play many RPGs, so I don't have much to recommend for it. Go with the DS.  

Prince-I

Dapper Elocutionist

"TDX" Tails Doll X - Video-Gaming Subforum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces