Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Questions and Assistance
Keeping a Guild Going - Answered

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Would you post in a guild that's devoted to thinking deeply about anime?
  Yes
  No
  Anime is just for kids; what on earth would people say?
View Results

contrapunctus maximus

Aged Genius

7,150 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:25 am
I want to start my own guild for the extended discussion of anime -- I've seen people interested in talking about the morality of Death Note, for instance -- but worry about it dying as so many other guilds do.

So, I seek advice on how to keep a discussion guild going.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:39 am
User ImageYou know, that's quite interesting that you bring that up; I actually wrote a mini-essay in a Facebook note about the symbolism behind Death Note and how it pertains to the problems in our own society. smile I would love to join a guild like that.

All of the advice I've ever given or received can be summarized in this guide: click me! This information can keep a guild alive, active and fun for all of its members, and it was made by someone who knows his stuff. Since you're talking about starting a guild that is more serious - as in, it's more about discussion than casual chit-chat - you might want to check out sections about professionalism and aesthetics, as that's what separates the dime-a-dozen anime guilds from the more serious ones.

Hope this helps! Good luck! User Image

User Image  

Ebania
Crew

Sarcastic Prophet

contrapunctus maximus

Aged Genius

7,150 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:10 pm
Thanks muchly! I'm reading it now, and it's very helpful.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:40 pm
I voted no because this site was originally an anime forum. Anime is the very basis of gaia itself. Having a guild inside a site that is also dedicated to anime is kinda pointless if you ask me.  

maui boy no ka oi

Allied Ally

12,700 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Newbie Helper 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Ebania
Crew

Sarcastic Prophet

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:17 pm
maui boy no ka oi
I voted no because this site was originally an anime forum. Anime is the very basis of gaia itself. Having a guild inside a site that is also dedicated to anime is kinda pointless if you ask me.
User ImageThough the site itself is an anime-themed one, the influence anime has on the site itself (aside from the manga and conventions) has dwindled a bit as a result of sponsorships by American companies, such as Skittles or MTV. In other words, though anime is the "basis" of Gaia itself, one may be in for some surprisingly thorough research in order to find a place where people are interested in the serious discussion of anime.

There are over three thousand anime guilds on Gaia, and one thing that I recommend to you, anime_scholar, is to make sure that you're not going to spend 20,000g on something that already exists and has members that are perfectly willing to discuss whatever it is you wish to discuss. Look for one that seems active, has members already, and is what you're looking for. If you can't find a guild like that, there's nothing wrong with starting a new one; just look around to make sure that you're not doing the exact same thing someone else has done. 3nodding

User Image  
☆ Questions and Assistance

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff