MagicJack?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

God-Raped-Me

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 6:58 am
I want to know what the catch is!

For those of you who may not know what magicJack is, it's a device you plug into your computer, and then a phone into that, and allows you to make calls for free in Canada, the US, and Puerto Rico, I'm not sure about anywhere else right now. Basically it runs off your internet or that's what I have gathered anyways.

I've found that you can't make emergency calls with the magicJack. You will probably get telemarketing like mad because it looks like they sell out your number, which will be how they make money... There is a yearly cost of about $20. But that's it. If you're in Canada you have to pay something like $50 or $60 for a Canadian phone number, but that's a one time thing by the looks of it.

So if anyone has one tell me about it! All I've heard is good news about them! I would like to know if there is anything bad.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:32 am
I don't have one but I didn't know that you couldn't make emergency calls and what not with one. That's ridiculous... stare  

XxDarkMalicexX

Senryoske

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:15 am
I've seen the commercials and every time I do I have to wonder....

Is this even legal?

It somehow seems like a plot to avoid phone companies, which isn't completely a bad things....

There just seems to be something wrong with the whole things. I agree with GRM there has got to be a huge catch.

If only I knew what it was.....  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:18 am
The whole telemarketer thing sounds like a pretty nasty catch to me.... I hate telemarketers. And the not being able to make emergency calls. That would be a pretty important thing to be able to have...  

Sanzoskitsune
Crew

God-Raped-Me

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:19 pm
I have a cell phone so I really don't mind the whole no emergency calls, not only that but we'll have a land line still too.

You can also unplug the magicJack when you don't want to use it. Everything will be saved too, so you don't have to worry about loosing anything.

I still think there has to be something really wrong with it.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:51 am
It sounds too good, too good. Nothing is too good to be true and there has to be some sneaky catch to it, what it is, I have no idea. Probably a money grubbing plan to take your cable or other appliances... stare  

XxDarkMalicexX

los_zorros_goalie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 1:03 pm
why must every electronic device end with "jack"? i bet if billy mays was still alive he would make a commercial for it.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 3:39 pm
I doubt he would. Even Billy Mays has standards.

something easy like that just seems...wrong.  

Arcanas

Hunter

God-Raped-Me

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:24 am
So far, if you want to talk for free In Canada, USA, and Puerto Rico this is a kick a** way to go. You can't accept collect calls, ******** me, and it does cost money to call over seas, but if you're just calling around here it seems awesome. The telemarketers seems easy enough to get around because there is call display, FREE call display. I can't wait to get mine on Thursday! I'll be calling my best friends up again!  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:32 am
Sounds like a shitty Skype knockoff. With Skype, you can plug a thing into your computer to make Skype ring to your phone, you can pay money to have a proper phone number for people to call, etc etc etc. Also with Skype, as with ALL internet-based phones, you cannot call 911.  

Kalstolyn

Desirable Genius

5,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500

124-C

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:49 pm
Every time I see this thread I think of The Who... >_>

Happy Jack wasn't tall, but he was a man.
He lived in the sand at the Isle of Man.
The kids would all sing, he would take the wrong key,
So they rode on his head in their furry donkey.

Community Lounge

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games