Reply Community Lounge
Your First Job~ Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

XxDarkMalicexX

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 5:32 pm
Wow. This is getting weirder and weirder.
The rest of my co-workers are still in High school. (I've been out of school for about 2 years now.) And what makes it worse, they are ALL jocks and preps, not a single person *cough* like me, per say.
It's quite horrible and depressing. I have nothing in common with them and nothing to pick up a conversation about. But, it's not like I want to talk to them anyway, still, it's quite sad.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 10:07 pm
What was your very first job?
With my dad, at his clinic, but I think my first real job would be working with him at his surgeries in the hospital
Did you like it/hate it? The work at the clinic more than hatting it, it was really boring and tedious
Did you make friends there at the workplace? No, I dont like to make friends with my dad friends or workers
Do you regret it? No, the pay was really good
And any other things you would like to talk about while working there.} The food they give to the doctors at hospitals is really good xd  

^^Psycha^^

6,150 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

XxDarkMalicexX

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:14 pm
Oh yes, you're exactly right! Hospital food is really amazing!  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:56 pm
my first job was and is for the State of California. I changed from one building/ institution for the Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation.

It's okay... I love the pay but not some of the people and the workload... i still don't think that we get paid enough for it...

I make tons of friends! I'm just that kind of person!

No. I regret not leaving early enough from my building. my supervisors were horrible...

if you want to get paid for not doing so much work, go to another department... and if you don't want to be furloughed, like i am, go apply for the board of equalization...

that's my schpeil... or however it's spelled...  

Pnytenshi

~DR.MOOFASA~

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 1:00 pm
XxDarkMalicexX

]
{What was your very first job?
Did you like it/hate it?
Did you make friends there at the workplace?
Do you regret it?
And any other things you would like to talk about while working there.}

uhh... playing trumpet at a church for rememberance day, if we're talking first pay-cheque. i had a whole bunch of seasonal/temporary jobs but the first steady job i ever had was working with the company i'm with right now. ^^
trumpet job: liked it ^^ people were nice, wouldn't say i made friends considering everyone was much older than me at the time O_o but the people were friendly, don't regret it at all (infact i'm proud of it). there were a lot of people who were very appreciative of hearing the last post... someone even burst into tears halfway through one playing O_O ... i had to start over to not cry too xD

this job (hardware/building materials store):
most days, like it. some days i want to backhand most of the customers but normally it's fine.
yep, made friends. smile infact, some of my friends from the other store got transfered with me ^^
don't regret it at all. i needed that job for a few important reasons, and i've mostly enjoyed it so far.
...if i were to talk about other stuff about working there we'd be here forever lol but there were a few differences between the first store and the one i'm at now.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 1:26 pm
XxDarkMalicexX
Oh yes, you're exactly right! Hospital food is really amazing!
yep but the one the give to the doctors is a lot better than to the patients theres a doctor that goes to eat breackfast at the hospital instead that at his house you can always find him in the hospital kitchen eating his breackfast with the chefs...
what is more fun is that he is fat and he always says let the body have the shape that he wants to  

^^Psycha^^

6,150 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

XxDarkMalicexX

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:58 pm
Ha ha, that is funny.
It's kind of sad, well, hearing yourself as a mental patient, that you are dying to have some hospital food. xd

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 6:42 pm
I interned for 3 months at a company that manufactured parts for the C-130 plane. I had a really boring desk job. I don't want to experience that kind of work environment again. Ever.  

Odd Boy Out

The Dinosaur Next Door

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:23 pm
My first job was a soda jerk at an ice cream store. I didn't really make friends with anyone there because a lot of the people working there were druggies or pregnant teens and were therefore not much fun to be around. Not to mention that they all took advantage of my new-job work-ethic and made me do all their chores.

I don't regret it because everyone has to start somewhere... the only thing that really bugs me is that the owner was such a d**k to me.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:35 pm
Quote:
What was your very first job?
Did you like it/hate it?
Did you make friends there at the workplace?
Do you regret it?

My first job was real nice; I was tutoring kids, English.
Got paid around $15/hour...
I suppose my official first job (under an employer) was in a bakery.
It was $7.25, low pay.
Didn't complain though, even though it was a strenuous job,
it was fulfilling, oddly enough.

I actually started working at that bakery through a friend...
She recommended me. (:
I don't regret working there, 'cause I list it as an experience now.

Yeonie

Yoshikazu

Armed Battery

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:43 pm
my first job was working as an Intern for T.S.A.  
Community Lounge

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff