Submit

Thaliat Everwood

Profitable Conversationalist

9,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:09 pm
OMG! I just totally replaced all the bitchy whiners from my first RL gaming group...in one fell swoop! I can now put all that drama behind me and have a real gaming experience with real gamers and not people looking for an excuse to go out under the guise of gaming (that was annoying). I'm going to play next week with real hard core gamers! SQUEEEE!!!!

I've just been invited by a friend to join a massive series of gaming sessions at an area college. Apparently it is students and grads/alumni and those who they deem worthy to bring in. AND THEY GAME ALL FREAKIN' NIGHT!!!!!!!

((Hey, palnoki, I'm going to see if they game on days other than when you work so maybe I can get you in!))

I hope they are ready for the likes of me....I tend to be an extreme gamer when I get going. I've stopped land wars, done really bizarre things with glow sticks, and fought without any thing to protect the body. And can I ever plan a raid! mrgreen

Man, I am so psyched!

Discuss:
All things gaming: table top, larp, homebrew games...dice...miniatures...maps...whatever!  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 5:27 am
In school all my friends were after emulators and the games. It was practically money around here. We played Dungeon Dice Monsters, Pokemon (Which is still way huge around here- I love it), Lots of Yu-Gi-Oh.... Oh the cards....

Another friends of mine is majorly into FLYFF.... There are days when thats all he talks about. I can't get into MMORPGs like that mostly cause I don't have the time....

I'm not a hardcore gamer, but I know a few tricks. I do better at RPGs than anything.

Anyways... Good luck with your gaming!

Senryoske

palnoki

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 5:40 am
I am always up for some good quality role playing. I have done alot fo gm'ing and playing as well and like both aspects. But I do look forward to being a player again and making a character. Bring on the hardcore!!  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:17 pm
I salivate for good gaming too. Married my favorite gm, just to make things easier. (Well, and because he's awesome.) In fact, we've got a couple friends coming over tonight to game. The guy who usually runs Scion says it's somebody else's turn to run, so we're probably going to be getting down with some Seventh Sea. The very-optimistic hubby is trying to set up a slightly larger group for a D&D 4E campaign - in case this works out, I've got a Deva Avenger named Shirah all set to play. (Some people were joking about how I probably wanted to be She-Rah when I grew up, so what the hell). I'm still waiting for a much-promised Changeling campaign a certain someone swore he wanted to run, but so far no joy.

I like running, but something about what I do tends to kill gaming groups. My husband says he loves my games and it's just bad luck, but...well, he's contractually obligated to be on my side at all times. So generally I only ever run one-player games for him. I think maybe it's because I prefer knotty socio-political dilemmas rather than straight-up monster slaying. I suspect better pacing of combat sequences would help, but that's something that only happens over a course of trial and error.
[/wall]

What are your favorite games?  

Yvaine

Phaeton 2

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:50 pm
I've sorta lost touch. My old D&D group pretty much disbanded, I've gotten bored of trying to make characters and a few other things that have crippled the interest. I'll try to cling to it, but maybe I should find a new hobby.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:01 pm
For Roleplay IRL, I like simple games that happen on the fly. When there's lots of dice rolling and complicated rules I get really confused and intimidated sweatdrop But when my imagination has free reign (without god modding of course) I have the most fun 3nodding  

Kyla_Ewens

Crew

Questionable Receiver

13,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500

Thaliat Everwood

Profitable Conversationalist

9,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 7:38 am
I agree, the dice rolling, complex rules thing makes it tough to enjoy a game. I've had some DM's that learned to anticipate my "how do I figure that out again" queries because it can confuse me that much. It is why I rarely play mages, and usually am the game's tank/meat shield. Eaiser formulas to work with! mrgreen  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 5:53 pm
You must tell us all the gory (I assume there will be gore) details when this gets going. I don't blame you for going Melee/Tanking. D&D's Spell casting rules are aggravating, and on top of that the spell casters are ridiculously squishy.  

Phaeton

Da_Nuke

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 5:27 pm
Never played a tabletop RPG. It frustrates me to no end seeing as I'm a big fan of computer and console RPGs. I have Morrowind, Diablo, Dungeon Siege, Final Fantasy X and Super Mario RPG, but that's it. I know noone who's willing to play tabletop RPGs. crying  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:03 am
well, keep in mind, most console RPG's are based off of the table top variety, minus the dice rolling. The computer in the console does all the dice rolling for you, so all you have to do is just pick the commands, and the game does all the rest.

I used to play D&D in college, back when we weren't playing WoW...actually, we would stage our raids, and play as our toons...made for some interesting experiences.  

Arcanas

Hunter

Shram

4,000 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:06 am
I just bought myself a 360 so now the only since 95 console I haven't played is the ps3...
I like games...  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:37 pm
Me and some friends of mine get together every so often for Dungeons and Dragons for a few hours. I'll have to find a new group though since we don't have many people in the first place a one of our members are leaving and going out of state. Though I know where I can get a group thinking about it now.

Rica is insane

6,500 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Bunny Hunter 100
Community Lounge

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items