Welcome to Gaia! ::

∞ Life Dust ∞

Back to Guilds

The location of Dust journals, RPs, some events and quests. 

Tags: Life Dust, Fantasy, Roleplay, Aimes, Events 

Reply Roleplaying
[PRP] Dewy Mornings

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

tepidtea

Nerd

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:17 pm
The day was cool and crisp, the evening rains leaving the walkways riddled with puddles. The air still had the fresh scent to it, the earth cleansing smell that rain always left behind after a good down pour. But despite the puddles peddlers were out selling what they had to give, hoping people would feel like lightning their wallets. The usual chatter was starting to filter into the streets, the harmony of city life. Just slowly approaching the market place, a raven-haired male and a yellowed haired child made their slow arrival. There seemed to be a slight static jumble of emotions between them; as if something was hanging over them. Only just a night or two ago the two had their first major fight, ending with Ashton’s current injury. There were soft white bandages on his right hand and arm, wrapped from the middle of his hand up to just under his elbow. They were here with a list of medicine they needed so it would heal up right.

”Ziya….” Ashton sighed, looking down at the unusually quiet boy. Since the blow up and the accident, Ziya had been very quiet, as if nervous about approaching or anything with him. It was as if the boy was afraid of hurting him again.

”Kiddo lightened up… why don’t we get some frozen yogurt or something while we’re here?” he offered, earning a quiet nod from him. Sighing again, he ruffled the boy’s hair with his good hand and walked with him quietly. He was trying his best to patch things up between them; the poor kid needed a distraction of some kind.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:40 pm
The morning had, of course, not gone as planned.

Rose had awoken to the sounds of squabbling sisters before a massive pillow fight had broken out, breaking the room's lamps, lanterns and the face of an antique pocket watch that the woman kept with her. After separating the twosome (and gaining a rather nice gash in her arm), Rose thought that this would be the perfect time to try and teach the girls a few of her tricks of the trade that she used at her store. With a pocketbook and a list of materials, she gently kept both twins at opposite sides of her and lead them into the Marketplace.

The woman looked like a frazzled mother, attempting not to dote on either twin but also giving out frantic directions as to what they would need to do their repairs. Renai, the one with violet locks quickly adjusted to what they needed to do, grabbing what supplies were asked of her and returning with them quickly. Ariol, the brooding blue-haired child would only grudgling do what was asked of her and dropped a few of the pieces in spite, costing Rose a pretty penny and her frustration. (though she tried to hide it as best as she could)

Time passed by quickly and Rose gathered their purchases next to them on a nearby bench, before handing each a small wallet. "I've been meaning to give these to you for awhile now but you'll find them a little different than your normal wallets." she added as each girl turned theirs over. Each had a small watch face on the side, along with a picture and a small packet of sand. "What's this junk?" Ariol snorted as Renai giggled. "Look, it's from where that tree was, remember?" Rose smiled as she nodded back to the girl. "That's correct. It's sand from the place where I saw that Harpy...I wanted you to each have a piece of it to remember how you came to be."

Ariol sighed, closing the wallet. "There's no money in here!" as Renai flipped hers over as well, not finding a cent. "It's empty now, because I'm holding the money for you. Once we get done with repairs and if you behave..." she started, making sure to give special attention to Ariol at that point. "...then you'll be given the money later on today." Renai nodded as Ariol kicked one of the bags, letting the contents loose onto the ground. Rose sighed before leaning over to begin picking up the items as the younger twin held out her hand to stop her. "We'll get it." she responded, holding onto Ariol's arm and dragging the older twin to the fallen bag. "You need to help or we won't get paid....!" she started to say, before Ariol just rolled her eyes and watched the proceedings from her spot on the bench.

Restless Honor

tepidtea

Nerd

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:45 pm
For once the silence was starting to get to Ashton, the gloomy boy starting to make him worry even more. He wished there was a way to change everything back on that day but right now it seemed hopeless. Mostly he just wished the boy didn’t feel so guilty about his injury that he got during their fight. He sighed a little but blinked when something hit his foot. Pausing, he looked down at what it could be and then looked at Ziya who had stopped.

The small boy crouched down and scooped up the item and looked it over for a moment. Grey hues blinked then looked up at his guardian. He still felt horrible over what happened, he had no idea the electric magic he had could hurt someone. Letting his shoulders sag, he looked around and suddenly sensed another dust, or two near by. Looking around, he spotted a violet haired girl scooping up things just a little ways from them. Quickly he hurried over to her with a little smile on his face.

”Is this yours?” he asked gently, looking at the other child. Looking past her he saw another who looked just like her but with different colored hair. Then there was a woman there as well, probably their mom. He heard Ashton approach slowly walk up behind him but stop a little behind him.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:58 pm
Renai looked up and smiled, taking the item gently into her hands. "Sorry...we spilled Mom's stuff and Ariol won't help!" she sulked, the older twin rolling her eyes and looking away with a humph. "I'm Renai." she added, looking up at the older boy with a grin. "The one who's being rude is Ariol, my twin sister." She attempted to smile back at her sister but the girl was giving off a rather rude gesture and the older female was having a hard time getting her to stop showing it off.

"That's my Mom, Rose. She has a longer name, but she told us that Rose is easier to say." she stated, picking up a few more of the pieces and bringing them over to the bag she had been carrying them in. The woman nodded back to the two males, her fingers tightly clasped over Ariol's hands in a sorry attempt to get the girl to behave. Ariol tried to get out of the older woman's grasp without much luck but as Renai looked back at the younger of the two men, she noticed something that made the second twin stop fidgeting and look as well.

"...You're...like us, right?" she asked as Ariol jumped up, scattering her purse and a few of the items Rose had placed on her lap and ran over to the boy. "Hey...yeah, he's like us!" Ariol proclaimed, letting her wing feathers flap a little bit on her arms. "If he's like us....then we should fight!" she smirked, looking back at the boy with cold eyes. "I've been wanting to see someone like us for awhile now...so let's see who's stronger!" she motioned to the boy as Renai stood in front of her sister to apologize. "I'm so sorry! She's complained about not being able to fight lately and she's been picking fights with people. Please feel free to ignore her." she added, attempting to stand her ground against the eager-to-fight Ariol.

Restless Honor

tepidtea

Nerd

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:52 pm
Smiling at the harpy girl, Ziya looked around for a moment to see if they were missing anything else. She seemed pretty nice, though the girl sitting on the women’s lap looks very, well scary. Like she wanted to try and bite his head off in one go. Looking back to Ashton, who stopped just a little behind the child and just patted his head encouragingly with his good hand, leaving his injured arm to his side.

“I’m Ziya! Nice to meet you Renai” The electric dust said gently and never the less gave the other girl a polite wave. When the nicer girl introduced her mother, he smiled her way and gave her a wave hello.

”That’s my Guardian back there Ashton!” he beamed, looking back over his shoulder at the dark haired adult, who gave a slight nod.

When he was asked if he was one of them, he went to reply when the blue haired girl charged at him after scattering the items around again. He blinked his gray hues at being challenged to a fight, looking a little taken back. Fight? Why would she want to fight? Had he done something to offend her? The boy personally didn’t like fighting, he rather keep the peace and be friends really.

“Um… I don’t like to fight…” Ziya said softly, looking a little uneasy. Last time he got into a fight he ended up really hurting Ashton and that was only an argument. What his powers could do scared him and he didn’t want to hurt someone again after what happened.

Ashton walked around the children to help the women pick up what had fallen to t he ground. Collecting what eh could in one hand, he offered then back to her. “And I thought I had a handful with just one…” he smiled a little at the women.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:22 pm
"Ziya..." Renai repeated the name as she struggled to hold back the ready-to-rumble Ariol. "Please...excuse her! She's always trying to fight and get into some sort of battle!" she muttered, as Ariol stepped back and snorted. "Weak people are the ones who don't fight or give out pansy excuses like that." she replied, turning to walk back towards Rose and the older man. Renai smiled and shook her head. "She's really rather nice once she gets used to people." She stood up, looking back at Ziya with a grin. "So, you're really tall! I bet you can do lots of fun stuff like that. And, if you're like us...then maybe you have powers too?!" she inquired eagerly, curious to know more about this other person who was sort of like her and her sister.

"You try to get used to it but it doesn't always turn out that way." she smiled softly, placing the items in her bag as the man helped her along. "So, you are Ashton then, correct?" she asked, hoping she had gotten his name right. "I'm Rosalyn, but please call me Rose. I tell the girls to call me that as well, it's just easier to say." she nodded, turning back to him. "So, Ziya came from a bottle as well then?" the woman mused outloud, pulling out a slightly worn photo from her purse. "These were them, though it seems like ages ago now!" she laughed, showing him the image. "It seems that you and Ziya have been together for awhile as well." she mentioned, as she looked back at the boy with curious eyes.

"You must have gone through something rather important and quickly, he seems worried about you." she murmered, watching Ziya's expressions as they spoke. "I do hope you both are all right and will recover soon."

Restless Honor

tepidtea

Nerd

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:09 pm
Looking between the two girls, he didn’t know what to think, they wee both such different extremes! One was nice and pleasant and the other was just… uh… feisty was probably a nice way of explaining it. At the other girl’s words, he blinked and knew he really shouldn’t take it to heart. He always thought there was nothing wrong with not fighting. Ashton told him it was never good to fight unless it was to defend yourself from someone who is trying to hurt you or someone you care about. Even then try and talk it out first but only get physical if it’s the last resort. Just nodding when Renai said Ariol was nicer, eh wasn’t sure to believe her or not, but he’d just agree.

”I guess I am… Ashton says I grow like a weed” He grinned a little, looking towards hi guardian for a spilt second. Nodding when she asked if he had powers, he smiled a little at her. “Yup…. I can cause power surges and I can make a spark of electricity or well lightening I guess…” He explained softly. “What about you two?”

”Yes I am… nice to meet you Rose” he said with a pleasant smile and stood beside the bench, unsure if he should sit or not. “A little yellow bottle yes…. I found him quite a while ago…” Ashton explained and looked at the photo’s Yup it was the exact same type of bottle, he faintly wondered how many were really out there. For all eh knew there could be hundreds of kids like Ziya and the twin girls. Blinking quickly when the women caught on to their current turmoil, he spared her a slight sad smile. “Thanks… I just wish he wouldn’t feel so guilty about it… he’s usually more excitable then this…” Ashton murmured worriedly, fixing his bandage as he spoke.

“So your little twins seem very well eager for different reasons about Ziya… Have they met many other Dust Children?”  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:09 pm
Ariol looked back at Renai as they took on uncertain expressions together. "It's Renai's fault." Ariol piped up as the younger twin became flustered. "I-It's not! I just....need to work on it a bit more..." she replied, twisting her fingers together nervously. She turned back to Ziya sadly and explained. "We know we're supposed to fight together and even though Ariol does the attacking and I do the defending....I'm not so good at it yet. We haven't figured out what our actual powers are yet." Renai began to tear up and against her better judgement, Ariol walked back over and put a hand on her shoulder. "Look....maybe I was a little harsh....just a little. We'll figure out our powers one day soon...okay?" Ariol looked away from Ziya and shook her head. "So, maybe I'm a little sorry bout' calling you a wimp, you've got powers at least so you can't be that bad." She turned back to him and smirked. "So...can you blow stuff up with that lightning, huh?" she inquired, intreaged at the thought of powers.

Rose shook her head as she retrieved the photo. "As bottles, they met another bottle that seemed to be covered with rust but other than that, no. You're only the second person I've met so far that seems to have a bottle or an actual person to take care of. Though, since they've all seemed to have come from bottles of dust, perhaps it's better to call them "Dusts" instead." She smiled before turning back to Ashton. "Well, I'm sure if he feels like he's hurt you, he's likely to be scared and worried he'll end up doing it again. With time though, he'll come to you and you'll be able to work things out, I'm sure of it." With the mention of the twins proper, she paused for a moment. "Ariol's been like that ever since we've met. She hits pillows and stuffed bags of sawdust that I use for the floor of my shop, calling it her 'training'. And Renai sees her sister train and wonders why they haven't discovered what Ziya seems to have named 'powers'. They bounce off of each other but, I'm starting to think that they'll have to find a comfortable middle range to truly discover their abilities." She looked at one of the broken pieces that Ashton, Ziya and Renai had gathered back into her bag and sighed. "I'm only afraid my store will be much worse for the wear until then."

Restless Honor

tepidtea

Nerd

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:34 pm
Ziya looked worried when Renai got upset over not knowing her and her sisters powers yet, he felt bad for saying he knew his. “Having powers aren’t all that great… They’re really hard to control… I still can’t really control mine still…” he murmured softly, chewing his lower lip a little. “If you’re not careful you can hurt someone you care about by accident… So having them is a big responsibility…” Ziya said and scuffed his toe into the ground. Smiling again, he rubbed the side of his arm a little. “No worries… and yeah…I can but its really hard to focus it to use it when I want too… I blew up our toaster once by accident” he giggled a little.

”Ah a rust covered one?’ He blinked, thinking back to the boy they met at the docks. He faintly wondered if it was the same little boy back when he was a little bottle. “I didn’t meet anyone when Ziya was a bottle but I’ve met a few others whose Dusts were already Children” he smiled a little and watched the three talk. “What happened was a complete accident…it could have been prevented if I had done things differently…” he sighed and rubbed his neck a little and stared at the injured arm. “She does that eh? That’s kinda cute… a mini warrior women” he grinned a little then shook his head a little. “Ziya doesn’t like to use his powers because they’re very… radical… he’s aligned with lightening… so you can imagine how destructive that can be…He can make the power go out in the house if he gets too emotional then he exploded our toaster once and he well… did this by accident” he pointed to his arm. “I don’t blame him by any means… I mean he’s just a little kid … he doesn’t understand or can really handle his powers yet”  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:27 pm
With that, Ariol ran up to him, bombarding him with questions. "Really? You blew it up....awesome! Did it make a big fireball like *woomph!* or did it fall down in really cool little itty bitty pieces? If I brought you a toaster right now, could you make it explode toast?" she managed to get out in a couple of breaths, eagerly looking up at him like he had just won a boatload of money. Renai shook her head and laughed at him blowing up a toaster, wiping away her few last tears. "Your dad must've been really confused when the toaster blew up." she added, curious as to how one would go about blowing up a toaster in the first place.

Rose sighed, looking back at him. "Even if we could have prevented things from happening in the past, it may have not have been for the best. Yes, not having injuries is nice..." she started to say, stretching her bruised arm and grimacing for a moment before she continued. "But, even for all of the bad, there's been a lot of good as well. Having those two around has been such a wonderful thing. They don't have their "powers" of sorts yet but I know they'll find out what gifts they've been given one day in the future." She looked at Ziya and the twins interacting and put on a small smile. "I'm sure, with his unpredictability, that he'll need you even more to help him learn to control his powers and to become an even finer young man well into the days ahead."

Restless Honor

Roleplaying

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff