Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Would you read this?
  Yes
  No
View Results

Celestial Burden

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:30 pm
The world around us is in perpetual motion. We never stop moving, we never stop making our own sound. And our sounds, charged with energy as they are, resonate. They leave permanent record on the world. Origianlly there were the Fae and the Etoisonne. A nomadic group of people, the Etoisonne had a far less direct and potent form of magic at their disposal. The preferred to listen to the sounds of the world around them, determining what was safe and what wasn't. Mostly for medicinal value.

The trade between the races eventually produced a cross between the two, ad the more they bred, the more diluted their magic became. They could no longer hear L'automne, the world in which they lived.

As fate would have it, technology progressed and the implementation of iron increased. The metal was a poison to magic of all sorts and near lethal to the Faeries. This led to the creation of the Lorelei.

A group of Fae and Etoisonne convened in secret, their goal is to return magic to it's proper place in the world, to make the magical being dominant once more. After all, if you can't hear the world around you, what business have you in running it? Though, because of their secrecy, and the constant rate of disappearances from both races, they two came to blame each other, starting a timeless feud.

The Lorelei evolved into a highly skilled group of not only magic users but weapon masters as well, each group having a speciality. They've yet to let their nature be known and always only leave riddles. Whilst the others are content to disperse amongst society and move with the times, this tribe will have nothing to do with anyone outside of it's labyrinth like structures.

Meanwhile, within the human government, it seems some have reconnected to L'automne, and the timechords are obvious to them. Connected to the very head of the government, they share what they know, and as the regulated journal entries of every citizen start mentioning odd dreams, they know something no longer wants them there.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:38 pm
I would! It sounds VERY interesting!

Story of yours I take it?  

God-Raped-Me

Celestial Burden

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:47 pm
Book. Series of books. Something in the making. There's way too much of it to go into one book, I think.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:50 pm
When you get them published make sure you let me know. The story is something I could get into! Which is saying a lot for me, I find it hard to get into books.  

God-Raped-Me

Celestial Burden

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:56 pm
I'm really hoping they turn into something that I'm proud enough of to try for publishment.

Though, they first post sounds kind of like a lot of babble sor for clarification:
Timechords are the sounds that EVERY LIVING BEING ON L'AUTOMNE MAKES. TREES, PLANTS, ANIMALS, PEOPLE. Since these chords are so charged with the energy of life, they resonate and stay. But they're constantly overshadowed by the CURRENT sounds.

The government requires everyone to make a digital journey entry everyday, sent into a databases which passes through filters to make everything anonymous. This database is open to anyone that gets a permit. Supposedly only one entry per week goes in and is selected at random.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:19 pm
Celes, it's a very intriguing idea. Definitely unique. I've never heard anything like it... And it seems to merge quite a few of my interests. Technology, history, magic, fantasy... I would definitely read it.  

xDarkPisces

Opinionated Flatterer

12,725 Points
  • Buggin' 500
  • Super Jumper 500
  • That One Hero 500

Alarias

Militant Dabbler

12,900 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:03 pm
Aha! Found it! *commences reading process* xd

Edit:
Very interesting. Sounds like there is indeed a lot going on >.> I'm not sure if I'd be able to follow all of it but, I think I would try to ^_^  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:19 pm
sounds like a refreshingly new idea
i myself am terribly confused atm;
but i'm sure after going through it a few times it'd be great(er)
biggrin  

La La Leprosy

Dangerous Raider

invisible-weirdo

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 5:34 pm
I second what Ala said ^^; It sounds awfully interesting, though I feel that I'd get a bit confused along the way. I really like it though 3nodding  
Community Lounge

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games