Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Taeryyn

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:22 pm
Blade_With_A_Name_On_It

i'm not going to donate my organs. i'm a firm believer in survival of the fittest. if your organs give out for some reason, any reason really, then it must be the time for you to die.

Do you believe in blood donation? Or...antibiotics? How about chemo? Or insulin for diabetics?

Where, exactly, do you draw the line?  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:23 pm
You can still be an organ donor and not have it on your license.  

wakusei
Vice Captain

Gambino Fatcat

14,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200

Saverio C.

4,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:54 pm
I don't need a plan. I just will refuse to die  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:37 am
Blade_With_A_Name_On_It
@ Al: are you, by chance, a libertarian?

I've been asked this before but, even after googling it, I'm still not really sure what that means. So, I guess my answer has to be a 'maybe' ninja  

Alarias

Militant Dabbler

12,900 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Blade_With_A_Name_On_It

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:40 am
@ Sanzoskitsune: it's not that i'm being cruel. && it's not like "i don't want you to live, so you can't have my organs!! :insert maniacle laugh here:" if you get sick && that illness destroys your organs, maybe you're just ment to die. who am i to mess with that?

@ Odd Boy OUt: i am taking the man-made s**t into account. that's why i'm ok with stuff to make you better, but not giving you organs that belonged to someone else.

@ Taeryyn: i'm ok with things to help you get better, but a failing heart (to the degree that a transplant is needed) isn't really something you can fix. i say, if you can fix it, go for it. but i won't be helping you flout the laws of nature. i don't hate organ doners, i just won't be one myself.

@ Alarias: Libertarians are very into the government getting out of our buisness. we think that the things included in the constitution are the only things that the government should be worrying with, but that doesn't mean they should add a new amendment. they should deal with the things that were set up origonally.

also, the party is sort of known for being about conspericy theories, but not all of us are convinced that the world is out to get us. it's just a stupid steriotype.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:12 am
Blade_With_A_Name_On_It

@ Alarias: Libertarians are very into the government getting out of our buisness. we think that the things included in the constitution are the only things that the government should be worrying with, but that doesn't mean they should add a new amendment. they should deal with the things that were set up origonally.

also, the party is sort of known for being about conspericy theories, but not all of us are convinced that the world is out to get us. it's just a stupid steriotype.

Well, I don't mind a few amendments here and there. After all, times do change. However, the rest of the description suits me pretty well...including the stereotype lol Gotta love a good conspiracy theory xp  

Alarias

Militant Dabbler

12,900 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Blade_With_A_Name_On_It

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:26 am
Alarias
Blade_With_A_Name_On_It

Well, I don't mind a few amendments here and there. After all, times do change. However, the rest of the description suits me pretty well...including the stereotype lol Gotta love a good conspiracy theory xp

yeah, when i was little, i'd stand outside and rant about how the government is surveyling (sorry about my shitty spelling) us. && i'm talking about when i was, like, 6. @-@  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:36 pm
Blade_With_A_Name_On_It

@ Taeryyn: i'm ok with things to help you get better, but a failing heart (to the degree that a transplant is needed) isn't really something you can fix. i say, if you can fix it, go for it. but i won't be helping you flout the laws of nature. i don't hate organ doners, i just won't be one myself.

I don't want to misunderstand you, so I'd appreciate it if you could be more specific. smile

Using a common type of diabetes as an example: Taking insulin is not "helping someone get better", when it comes to say, juvenile diabetes. There is no cure, there is only treatment/management of the disease. Without constant medical interference, diabetics would die. In nature, with no assistance, such individuals would not survive.

How about epilepsy? For some people with seizure disorders, taking medication means the difference between having the occasional seizure, or dying because of one major tonic-clonic (grand mal) seizure after another after another...
Again, we're not talking about a cure, but simply a way of managing the problem in a life-saving way.

Birth control pills are something else that's pretty "against nature". How many animals try to avoid reproducing, after all? Should we stop "flouting nature" and just do away with these things, too?  

Taeryyn

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

Blade_With_A_Name_On_It

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:06 am
Taeryyn
Blade_With_A_Name_On_It

I don't want to misunderstand you, so I'd appreciate it if you could be more specific. smile

Using a common type of diabetes as an example: Taking insulin is not "helping someone get better", when it comes to say, juvenile diabetes. There is no cure, there is only treatment/management of the disease. Without constant medical interference, diabetics would die. In nature, with no assistance, such individuals would not survive.

How about epilepsy? For some people with seizure disorders, taking medication means the difference between having the occasional seizure, or dying because of one major tonic-clonic (grand mal) seizure after another after another...
Again, we're not talking about a cure, but simply a way of managing the problem in a life-saving way.

Birth control pills are something else that's pretty "against nature". How many animals try to avoid reproducing, after all? Should we stop "flouting nature" and just do away with these things, too?

ok, thanks for presenting it the way you did, i apreciate your willingness to try to understand.

about the insulin && seizure meds, those do make you better. they get you to the best you can be. it's not like you're replacing something inside you, you're just working around the problem. i'm all for those kinds of things because all you're doing in making it easier to survive, not forcing it.

birth control, on the other hand, is not a good thing. i say, if you're going to have sex, you might get pregnate. if you don't want to have a kid, stop ********. it's really that easy. sure, it does some good things, but you don't need to medicate yourself to deal with mild-moderate acne. it won't kill you. worse comes to worse, you're a bit ugly && have to wash your face more.

i'm all for things that help you live a bit easier, just not things that force your body to continue functioning.

ps- sorry for my terrible spelling. words like to taunt me by being spelled differently than they sound. xD  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:14 pm
Blade_With_A_Name_On_It

ok, thanks for presenting it the way you did, i apreciate your willingness to try to understand.

about the insulin && seizure meds, those do make you better. they get you to the best you can be. it's not like you're replacing something inside you, you're just working around the problem. i'm all for those kinds of things because all you're doing in making it easier to survive, not forcing it.

In fact, no, they do not make you better. smile Insulin, for example, is replacing something that the body has stopped making on its own.

It's very similar to organ donation: you're replacing something that your body is missing or not producing. The only real exception is that (aside from medication to prevent rejection) organ donation is a one-time deal, if all goes well. These other treatments are absolutely necessary for survival. Such treatments aren't "making it easier to survive", they are the difference between life and death. Not to mention, the person suffering from such problems needs to maintain these treatments for the rest of their life.

Quote:

birth control, on the other hand, is not a good thing. i say, if you're going to have sex, you might get pregnate. if you don't want to have a kid, stop ********. it's really that easy. sure, it does some good things, but you don't need to medicate yourself to deal with mild-moderate acne. it won't kill you. worse comes to worse, you're a bit ugly && have to wash your face more.

I don't mean offense, but I think this is a unrealistically simple way of looking at a subject that's immensely complex. Sex is not solely a means for reproduction (otherwise homosexuality would not exist), and while I agree that one should definitely be aware of possible consequences, it doesn't just boil down to "stop ********". However, this is less pertinent to the topic at hand than organ donation VS other medical treatment, so I think we'll have to agree to disagree on this one. smile  

Taeryyn

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

Community Lounge

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas