Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Apollo good?
  YES!!!
  No, not really...
View Results

nekkid woman

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 5:20 pm
Do you guys think this guy can pass as a Greek God Apollo? Idk, I was searching for an image to go along with him for a while, and while this one is pretty dark, It really is the only one that I liked lol..
User Image  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 5:24 pm
Whereas that picture DOES look awesome as hell, I don't really think that it suits Apollo to well.

Also, your topic really needs to contain some kind of discussion, so if you can please add a few topics to discuss, like " What's your favorite Greek God " or something along those lines. Give a few different discussion topics that fit this theme preferably.

Either way though, I'll say it again, that picture is awesome.  

AlcoholicPancake
Crew

3,100 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Voter 0

invisible-weirdo

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 5:33 pm
The picture is awesome, just not as Apollo. In fact that seems almost...anti-Apollo to me =/

pantheon.org
Apollo was the god of music (principally the lyre, and he directed the choir of the Muses) and also of prophecy, colonization, medicine, archery (but not for war or hunting), poetry, dance, intellectual inquiry and the carer of herds and flocks. He was also a god of light, known as "Phoebus" (radiant or beaming, and he was sometimes identified with Helios the sun god).

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 5:38 pm
Aww... Okies, thanks guys ^^ I really appreciate the honest answers smile and sorry about posting wrong.. Didn't mean to =/  

nekkid woman

invisible-weirdo

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 5:46 pm
It's not that you posted wrong, it's just that this doesn't have much in terms of a discussion, so it'll probably get locked after a while (like after you've said you've gotten enough of an answer). You might want to edit your first post and add some spoonfed topics regarding Greek gods and goddesses or just mythology in general.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:20 pm
I would go with something that has perhaps a stary cloak, or the sun and moon on it.  

God-Raped-Me

124-C

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:07 pm
Aside from everything else, he doesn't look particularly Greek... >_>  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:59 am
Well Tsugi in her defense let us suppose the clothing was more "light/sun" colored. From there I'll elaborate. I've read stories about trickster gods from around the world and not all were placed in ancient times. In fact some were gallivanting around quite like the modern mortals they were pranking.

nekkid woman that is also some thing you need to think about when looking for an image of a character. I'm going to assume this is for a role play or something right?
What is the setting you are playing in?
How strictly ancient Greek does it have to be?

Because I'm sure Apollo would not be seen in Greece today wearing a toga he'd attract too much attention to himself.

Elcia

Barton Elder

21,250 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Friendly Flashback 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

God-Raped-Me

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:25 am
This is what a minute of googling did for me...

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

You can just photoshop the other crap out if you don't want it.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:05 pm
Yes, some background information on what you're looking up a picture for would be nice...

GRM: So....shiny @.@
Really takes that 'light god' thing and runs with it quite a bit...

invisible-weirdo

God-Raped-Me

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:33 pm
Yup, personally I like it. It doesn't look as Greek as I would like, but I could never draw what I see when I think of Apollo.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 4:35 pm
whee I always liked Posiedon. Cuz when he gets mad....DAMN!! What a temper.

I also have a cat named Athena. Though I picked the name because I liked the way it sounded, so did my sister. xp Turns out my kitty is one smart cookie.  

Kyla_Ewens

Crew

Questionable Receiver

13,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500
Community Lounge

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers