Welcome to Gaia! ::

∞ Life Dust ∞

Back to Guilds

The location of Dust journals, RPs, some events and quests. 

Tags: Life Dust, Fantasy, Roleplay, Aimes, Events 

Reply Roleplaying
[PRP]Questions and Answers (Complete!) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

X Purple--Platypus X

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 1:37 pm
Well, the lecture certainly didn’t improve the child’s mood. It was almost as if the man had copied Inge’s constant safety speech word for word. Weirdos willing to snatch him away! It was possible he supposed, but he didn’t go anywhere shady enough to be in morbid danger.And anyway, he had proven his point perfectly today – he could easily kick up a fuss and draw attention to himself and prevent these apparently twisted individuals from having their wicked way with him. The people of Amies weren’t just going to allow a screeching boy to get whisked away by a stranger. However, rather than stating this point to Rail he did what he now did to Inge whenever the topic was braught up; nod silently in false acceptance, maybe add in the occasional ‘ok’ just to make them shut up.

A few months kid? You're like...Six years old. But too young regardless of how old you are.

At this the dustling’s brows furrowed. No. He knew how old he was. He could accept boring speeches about how he was wrong about the city; he could take being called naive or foolish even! But being dictated to how old he was seemed just a tad too far in the child’s opinion, thus he raised his head and snorted with discontent. “I am months old,” he barked angrily, “I’m not wrinkly and old like Jeremiah so I’m certainly not six!” He wasn’t exactly sure just how old the sea captain was – but he knew a year was a long time and he knew that Inge had said something about Jeremiah having years worth of experience when it came to sailing.

He shifted on Rail’s back again, adjusting to suit the support that was now being given. “I bet you’re not even six yet!” He added viciously, hoping that he was right. “You look only a bit older than my pa.. and he’s... he’s...” The rust child trailed off, finding that he didn’t actually know how old his fisherman carer was... However, his statement still remained. There was no way that Rail could possibly be that old – it was the man being silly, not him!

Adults could be so condesending at times.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 2:05 pm
Those few 'okays' Rail was hearing told him his words of caution were going in one ear and then right out the other. He didn't make any noise or movement of disappointment, and as much as he hoped it never happened to anyone, the kid might not get it through his head unless something like that almost happened to him. The apothecary was pulled out of his thoughts as the breath of indignation passed over his scalp, wondering just what part of what he said ruffled Oxiin's feathers.

"Okay, okay, you're not six. But you look six anyway. Just because you look an age, doesn't mean you are it." The end of the wave of stalls and human bodies was near and from where he was Rail could make out a sign that read 'Boat Builders Inc'. Almost home free. The scent of sweat and various breads, meats, and other such things drowned out the bottle's scent, but Rail had a feeling it wasn't any happier being in the boy's pocket. He cleared the final stall, chuckling at Oxiin's age claim.

"I'm way older than six. I'm thirty-two years old Oxiin." Kid was really stubborn, even more than he had been when he was a kid, and that was saying something. Hopefully he'd mellow out in a few years. Or months. Whichever. The two passed the estate, Rail heading on in a straight line. The scent of people and uncooked food died down, replaced with a mix of salt, fish, and an off-the-water breeze. Buildings weren't so tightly packed together here and mixed into the din of human voices was the call of gulls and other dock birds. Rail stepped out of the way of an incoming cart laden with fishing gear, nodding once to the surly looking man at the head of it.

"Okay Oxiin, which way now?" This was definitely a new place and the homecoming stretch of their little adventure. The bottle would be in his bag and there would be food in his belly soon enough.

Ravina Loki

Incredible Flatterer

X Purple--Platypus X

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:25 pm
I'm way older than six. I'm thirty-two years old Oxiin.

Well, that had to be a lie! There was no way on earth that Rail could be that old! Thirty two years. Oxiin couldn’t even begin to wrap his head around such a vast amount of time. That was enough time to grow a whole forest then pluck every leaf, sail the entire ocean and discover ever one of it’s mysteries, count every grain of sand on the beach, the boy’s imagination ran away with him at all the colourful thoughts; leaving his mouth gaping wide for a few seconds.. And yet Rail was only riding around on his horse in boring old Amies, doing nothing extraordinary except running over children like Oxiin.

He smirked. Evidently the man was deluded; first thinking Oxiin was six, now this childish fib about his apparently ancient span of life. In fact, what he was saying was so mad that the dustling’s eyes widened. Perhaps Rail was one of the weird people that he had warned him about only a moment ago. Some sort of double bluff? Certainly, he seemed safe enough now and hadn’t tried any funny business thus far but all this crazy talk about ages didn’t strike a good bell to the now suspicious child. Better to be safe than sorry? Leading the man right to his doorstep wouldn’t be the smartest thing if the man did turn out to be a bit kooky...

Oxiin wiggled, signalling that he wanted to dismount. “Here will do. I can walk the rest.” He explained curtly, easing his arm from around Rail’s neck and slipping down to the floor again. His feet touched the earth with a soft thud and he felt a little weird after being carried for so long, but it was nothing that wouldn’t fade after a few short strides.

However, before he made his escape he dipped his good hand into his deep pocket, drawing out the fuming bottle. It now absolutely reeked of bitter grapefruit and it was enough to make even the iron headed child wince. “Here. Thanks for the ride.” He stated bluntly, holding it out at an arms length.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:42 pm
The silence from his momentary charge made Rail grin. Maybe the kid thought he was super ancient or just in disbelief that an adult was that old and hadn't a swatch of gray in his hair. He continued looking left and right, waiting for a signal of which way to go, as well as watching out for any other carts. The wriggling made him lean back to ease the child's fall from his shoulders to the ground; turning when he touched the dirty cobblestone. Didn't want the kid to run off with the bottle again.

"You probably don't believe me, but that's okay. Ask your dad how old he is. He might be my age or older and that would really be a surprise for you!" The apothecary rolled his shoulders back, easing the muscles in his back that had become taught from being so still and clung to for so long. When the bottle was drawn out he stopped and reached for it. The grapefruit scent began to lessen and change back to something lighter and sweeter for its owner. Rail finally smiled after all that, pulling a cloth out and wiping off the juice that was leaking down the side.

"Thanks Oxiin. You're a man of your word and I respect that." Once the bottle was cleaned off Rail tucked it safely into his bag - the cloth tucked around it to soak up anything he missed. The apothecary then pulled a small card out, holding it lightly between his fingers. With the other hand, he reached out and patted the boy on the head. "Here," He handed the card out. "I'm an apothecary, if you or your family need medicine, feel free to have them stop by."

With that he turned on his heel, facing the way he just came. He took two steps before turning around, remembering a word to the wise Oxiin might benefit from.

"On your way back Oxiin - look both ways before you cross the street, okay?" He raised a hand over his head and walked towards the crowd; swallowed by it in an instance. Now for that cafe, his horse, and - even though the day was still here and night was far off - a trip back home. He was still concerned about his bottle and its changes, but after this he'd rather avoid riding around through the streets, lest he almost run down another crafty child.

Ravina Loki

Incredible Flatterer

Roleplaying

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas