Welcome to Gaia! ::

∞ Life Dust ∞

Back to Guilds

The location of Dust journals, RPs, some events and quests. 

Tags: Life Dust, Fantasy, Roleplay, Aimes, Events 

Reply Roleplaying
[PRP] - Leaving the Nest and Starting Anew

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kuuro Kitten

8,700 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:34 pm
Participants: Cadaver, Krinn and Sable.
Scenario: First home for three teenagers!

So this was it? Finally able to move out on his own, but not completely on his own. Thankful for the fact he would be living with two other friends, Marijus insisted he come and welcome the boy to his new home. Carrying the last of his boxes up to the attic the doctor snorted at the musty smell of the room. "Ya gonna live up here? Tis a bit dusty ya think?" He walked around running a finger along the dust that clung to the air. Even dust was caked onto the windows making it rather hard to see out into the surprise view Cada would later enjoy. "I donno if I approve of this. May ya should have let me help ya look for a place..."

Cada only shook his head laughing the whole time his papa complained. He knew this was the man's way of dealing with his insecurities. The fact that his son was growing was hard for Marijus to deal with, Cada may have been a naive child but he was a fairly observant youth. Aware of the feelings of others even when they were reluctant to let him go. "I am pleased with this place. It was at a very good price besides, there's woodlands and the beach isn't far. It's not very far from the market a few miles to walk nothing we young ones can't handle. I can also come to visit you without worry of you getting sick from my spores." Marijus glared out the dusty window upset that his moping tactics weren't working. Opening the window he leaned out looking around for any signs of Krinn, maybe his guardian Lan was with him... maybe this would be easier if he could flirt with the other man. And maybe pigs would fly... that was a time ago a once in a lifetime thing for sure (or not).

"I just wanna make sure you got what ya need." He siged.

"I'll be fine papa, really. Krinn will be with me and so will Sable. You've not met Sable yet have you? She's really cute! Like a little doll but more lively then them of course." He smiled looking around the dusty room. "Did you bring the cleaning supplies."

"Yeah I did."

"Good. I can get started cleaning. Go run some water in the bucket and start mopping the floor. I'm going to open the windows and let some air in. The others will be here soon..." Marijus watched his charge rush down from the attic. He seemed happy, eager to live his life away from the nest. A low smile crept along the doctor's features but it was wiped away as soon as Cada returned. "Hey! Papa quit being so lazy go get some water so we can clean."

"Ah! Y-yeah... going." He hurried from the attic heading for the bathroom where he ran some water in the bucket. Looking at the rest of the house it still had the mild layers of dust; as if no one lived there in years or maybe months. Either way it wasn't much lived in but the house was livable. Homely even. "Guess it can't be helped. The boy's growin' up." He did hate the thought but it was inevitable. "Ah look at me gettin' soft. Stupid kid never shoulda fell into my lap. It was that damn bottle..."

"PAPA! You're being slow, hurry up!"
Cadaver called from the attic, busy was he sweeping the floor and dusting off walls and shelving left behind from previous owners. At the very least the house was furnished though probably a bit on the dusty side. Nothing three youths couldn't fix of course.

"Yeah comin' ya brat, hold ya damn horses..." Even as he said this the sound of excited voices in the distance caught his attention. The doc moved toward the window to see who it was.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:15 am
Moving.... out.

Lan seemed dazed - more so then usual - and Krinn watched in amusement as the man behind him tripped over a pebble and started to scream his way through reflexes that kept his face from having an unpleasant meeting with the pavement.
"Are you sure about this?" He asked again, for the thousandth time, his sky blue eyes glancing over the top of a cardboard box stashed with Krinns items. The rain dust himself was also carrying his own weight - the box hefted up on his shoulder and the mix between a book bag and a duffle bag hitting his hip and making the black tank top he was wearing ride up every time he moved. Lan was finding it harder and harder to see his young charge as anything less then a feminine teenager... feminine was putting it nicely. It wasn't much, Lan thought, but just enough to live with. He was pretty sure that there was more hoarded stuff back home, but Krinn had insisted that he would get it later. After all, it wasn't like he was going continents away, but Lan was still going through a feeling that only parents really got once their babies went away for college.

"I am sure, Lan."
Krinn said, his high ponytail swishing from side to side. "Stop worrying, I'm going to be with Sable and Cada. Its not like we're going to jump off a bridge the moment we're out of your guys sight." He laughed wryly, turning his head back to the path in front of him. Ever since he'd grown and started to become more and more aware of the world outside, he'd decided that it would be better to learn and live on his own - or as on his own as he could get with two fellow dusts. It wasn't that living with Lan was a bad thing, but living with his own kin felt right. Lan probably knew in the back of his head that was what Krinn was thinking, but he was too stubborn to come to terms with it himself. "It'll be fine - if I ever need someone, I'll give you a heads up. Anyways, I'm still gonna be around the cafe - and its not like I wont visit you at home."

Lan sighed, and Krinn could hear the sound of the black and gold haired mans head hitting the top of the box.
"Why did you have to grow up so fast?" He complained, eyes fluttering.

Krinn cringed at the words, and awkwardly fell back to nudge Lan in the shoulder.
"You make yourself sound like a parent." He said teasingly, but put on a reassuring smile to his guardian. "I'm just moving out. I have to sooner or later, and anyways, you'll be fine without me - thats one thing I know for sure about you." Looking up as they rounded the corner and came upon the house that the three teenagers were moving into, Krinn instantly spotted a familiar face peaking out the window before disappearing back in. "Ah, Marijus is here too. Fancy that - " He could almost here Lans neck snap as his head jolted up. If he remembered correctly, the two hadn't seen each other since the sleep over, and the dust couldn't understand exactly why Lan seemed to be touchy when it came to the subject of just what they'd been doing the night before.

Practically skipping up the steps to the house with a hum in the back of his throat at the thought of actually moving out, Krinn knocked twice before tentatively opening the door and stepping in. Lan, who seemed to be processing something through all the haze in his mind, stepped in after him and took in the look of the place.
"Anyone home?" The two toned chef called out lightheartedly in a tease, though Krinn could still see a flash of emotions tangling him up and wearing him down. Lan was never one to let up his guard so lightly though. As Krinn sidled further in and tenderly put the box hefted on his shoulder down and out of the way for the moment, Lan glanced around. It was a nicely furnished place, if not a bit dusty. Cocking a brow, Lan found that it wasn't anything the three teens wouldn't be able to fix. If anything, they'd make it look better.

Dropping the box off near Krinns, Lan took careful steps across the floor, examining the rooms as Krinn escaped him - probably to find Cada. It seemed that Sable hadn't arrived yet, but he was sure that the pixie girl would arrive soon. Finding Marijus with ease in the bathroom, Lan eyed the man from behind for a moment, unsure of how to go about saying hello. Of course, Lan could never just opt for saying hi. Hi was overrated. Sighing, he decided to throw away the unnecessary emotion and get it over with. Going in instinct, Lan snuck up behind the other and peaked over Marijus, resting a chin on the mans shoulder.
"Enjoying the view?" he teased lightly, moving away before he could do anything stupid. Placing a hand on his hip, Lan surveyed the other for a second. Same old, same old. He cocked an eyebrow with an amused grin before glancing away. "It looks like they're finally growing up." He said, turning away from the other and stretching his hands above his head. Craning his head upside down, Lan threw a smile at Marijus. "Not that that idea is a total comfort." He laughed a bit wryly. Lan was no more at ease to let go of Krinn than Marijus was with Cada. Falling to silence again, Lan turned to Marijus, cowboy boots tapping. "Anyways, morning, Marijus." He paused, as if considering his words. "Its nice to see you again."

Meanwhile, Krinn had located the steps to the attic, and with careful precision, took them two at a time. Which was really saying something, since he was still so unused to his own long legs. Rapping a fist on the outside of the attic's walls, Krinn stepped in and eyed the dust ridden place for a moment. A feeling something sentimental washed over him when the thought 'home' rang in his head.
"Hey, Cada! Sorry if I'm late. This place looks amazing." He called, toying with his ponytail as he avoided a cloud of dust. He wanted Sable to be here, but Cada was enough as well. A childish part of him was screaming in excitement at the idea of living in a house together, and it felt like the world had just opened its doors to a whole new part of living. "Anything I can do to help?" He swished his head from side to side, walking over to the window and taking a glance out for a moment. They were really going to live here. Some sort of euphoria settled in his stomach that not even the most rainy of days could steal.

This was going to be home.

xx - SHARKattack

Kuuro Kitten

8,700 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:17 pm
Cada squealed, as was custom for him, running at full speeds he tumbled with his friend to the ground hugging him tight. He didn't need much in the way of introductions, always doing what came to mind first. "Oh my god... we're going to live here together! Can you believe it Krinn... I'm so happy!" The teen responded hugging Krinn once more before sitting up a bit. "Oh. Sorry about that." Well it was natural but he helped the boy to a sitting position still a wide grin on his ever dark features. "Papa is so upset, he's been throwing a fit all morning I can't seem to get him to hush about it. I kinda like it though. So how have you been I see you found the place alright." Chatter box that he was, he couldn't help himself.

Meanwhile - Marijus had been fairly aware the Krinn and Lan were on there way. Almost forgetting he was drowning his annoyance in a flask of liquor. By the time he noticed Lan was already leaning on his shoulder. Chuckling the doctor shrugged the man off turning with a leisure grin to regard him. "Fancy meetin' you here. S'been a while hasn't it. Since that night..." He smirked taking a long chug of his flask - and what a night it was. Moving with a careful gate he bypassed Lan heading for the door before closing and leaning on it. "So ya just use the wolf and then leave him is that how little lambs do these days? No contact what so ever after that..." He trailed off indulging himself in his flask once more. Somehow he had expected they'd be in a room together but he wasn't going to make any moves... yet. With a light tilt of his head he gave a tired smirk. "I'm not sure how to handle this. Cada is not the most reliable teen but he's mature when it comes to it. I just hope this isn't a mistake." He grumbled while opening the door. "Well? How ya been?"

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 10:15 pm
Krinn blew out a slight cry of shock when he was tackled to the ground - though by now he should have been used to it. Reaching up, he tangled limbs with the other dust in a good natured hug, grinning at the sudden greeting. "We are - " He relished the thought in his head as Cada said it out loud. "Its going to be amazing - I'm also so happy!" He laughed, ponytail splayed all over the ground. Sitting up on his elbows to beam at Cada, Krinn couldn't help but let the tamed excitement in his gut flood over like it had been wanting to the entire day. "Its alright - I like your hugs, actually." Krinn said, laughing soundly at the thought. Titling his head at the mention of papa, the rain cloud laughed and bumped foreheads with the other. "Join the club, Lans been fussing over everything now that I'm moving out." Pausing, Krinns eyes lit up. "Though those two will just have to survive, and I've been great, actually - " Which was only stretching the truth a little. His past nights of insomnia were the only downfall to that statement. "And how have you been? This place is sort of hard to miss, and it looks great so far. I cant wait for Sable to get here." He chuckled, finding it easier and easier to keep up with his chatter box friend.

Lan eyed the flask with mild interest, the scent of alcohol already reaching him square on. Fragmented memories swarmed his mind. Looking up at Marijus when he spoke up, Lan tilted his head to the side and quirked a sort of grin. His head was much more clear then the last time he'd seen the other.
"It has been awhile." Lan mumbled back distractedly for a moment, before he glanced up at Marijus, a hand placed against his exposed hip. "And no contact from the wolf either," Lan sashayed up to Marijus, eyeing him as if trying to figure the other out. He didn't pay much heed to the now closed door. Leaning forward, he breathed the alcohol on Marijus. "Is that how big bad wolves are these days now?" Lan retorted teasingly before moving away. "No, I should apologize for that, I haven't contacted you at all, even though I should have. But I was quite scared I might do something stupid."

Smiling guiltily, Lan averted his eyes. He didn't want to stare at the other too long, or memories might just torment him all night.
"I hope so too." Lan said, leaning on the near wall to Marijus. "I guess I just didn't expect any of them to move out so soon." He smiled, but something about his posture was unsure. "I trust those three together I suppose.... I just don't know - I was finally getting used to living with someone. But Krinn's sure of his decision, and anyways...." Lan trailed off. Words jumped to his head. Krinn had always said that he got the feeling that even if he left him, Lan would always be fine on his own. Something about those words made Lans entire body freeze up for a moment. Falling silent, he laced his fingers together before glancing up as Marijus asked another question that got him off the subject. "I've been.... better." Laughing, Lan pushed away from the wall. "Good, I guess I can say." He glanced Marijus over, his normal outer personality resuming itself. A flash of teasing mischief danced through his eyes. "And you, Marijus? Hows the wolf been faring?"

xx - SHARKattack

Faeyas

6,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 5:48 pm
Sable choose that moment to kick open the door to her new shared abode. She grinned merrily with her wings flapping with glee as she held her chest of treasures close to her chest.

Mia followed her in with a slight look of disbelief on her face, "You really... actually managed to find a place this quick..." She muttered softly as she looked around. The building stood out and was honestly very Sable. However the most shocking thing about this entire move was not only that Sable had managed to do something responsible... if you could call it that... but that Krinn and Cada's guardians were going along with it.

Mia set down a rucksack filled with Sable's clothes and walked over to the two guardians. She then placed her hands on her hips and began to stare down the two taller men, "Are you both bloody insane?" She asked, or more of accused the two. Here they stood muttering back and forth about how 'grown up' these children were, when they hardly 'grew' at all! One moment they were kids the next teens. No development what so ever.

Sable ignored her now non-guardian as she walked up to the dogpile on the floor. She giggled, "I think Krinn is plenty clean Cada..." she explained as she looked down at the two boys. Cada had clearly been the one to attack Krinn... likely just as he had walked in... But since Cada also looked like he had been cleaning a bit, her comment naturally followed.

She knew that Cada was just overly energetic about greeting his friends, which made it all the more amusing. She sat down her treasure chest and turned to look at Mia glaring down the Lan and a guy she gathered to be Cada's guardian.

She remembered her return to home after they had found this place.

Mia had greeted her in a friendly manner, Sable called her on her cheekiness.

"So I take you didn't find a place..." Mia had taunted.

To that Sable had given her best smirk, "Well as a matter of fact, we did."

Mia turned white and her eyes had bugged out. It was momentary, but Sable treasured the look. "So... you found a place..."

"We found a place." Sable corrected.

"We?" Mia paused, "Who will be staying with you?"

"Krinn and Cada." Sable explained, "Between the three of us, we can afford it."

Mia sat down her dishes and her face grew white, "You'll be living with two teenage boys?"

"They are dusts..." Sable reminded her, "But yeah, essentially."

"This is not a good idea." Mia had warned her.

"Maybe, but its what is happening." Sable had joyfully informed her, "We are moving in in a few days, I came to ask your help with getting my things transfered."

Thus Mia was here. "My Bed will be arriving with the movers tonight." She told the boys, she looked around the room with a spark in her eyes. She loved this place they found. So convieniant, and yet, so homey. She spun and took in the smell and the light of the place. She especially enjoyed the access it had to the major locations of the city. Sable looked foreword to many adventures in the future. Which reminded her...

Sable bent down to poke Cada. "So where is my hug?"

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 1:06 pm
Grinning the pesky dust teen reached out to grab Sable's arm pulling her carefully into gleeful hug. "There ya go!" he informed, squeezing the girl tightly before giving her a quick kiss on the cheek. He then grabbed Krinn forming a tight knit group hug. "Hugs for all. We did it guys!" To say that he was overly excited was an understatement. Thankfully it was a moment they all could enjoy for many more days to come. Releasing his friends Cada quickly jumped to his feet, tossing Mr. Happy in the air before catching him and setting him safely in the hood of his sweater. "I brought a few of my things but I have more on the way. Sleeping bags for me tonight, my bed will come in the morning."

Now that they all were here, what was next on the agenda?

Of course they would need to decorate and add their own taste in furnishings. The kitchen was better left to Krinn for decoration, Cada thought. Sable and he could work on the living room and each of them had their own rooms to worry about as well. The attic was perfect at keeping his uncontrolled spores from making anyone sick while the two rooms below were perfect in size for Krinn and Sable. "You think the parental units are okay with this yet?" He questioned knowing quite well that they probably weren't. In fact, he tiptoed to the door opening it and what greeted him was Mia's irate questions to Lan and Marijus. "Nevermind. I spoke too soon." He giggled.

Well this was a surprise. Not only was his son up and leaving the nest but he was being bombarded with accusations from some lady he wasn't sure he knew. Did he know her? If he did she hadn't made much of an impression on him previously. With a snort he drunk the last of his liquor, screwing the top back on and stuffing it into his back pocket. When the woman was done, a finger dug into his ear with a bored expression plastered to his face.

"Lady, the question is: are you bloody insane?" He snorted at her, flicking whatever wax he fished out of his ear toward the carpet. "Look their older now, they grow faster then us humans. The sooner you realize that the better. Besides their gonna do what they want anyway, best we see they do it right or suffer the consequences later." That was all he had to say on that fact. Probably the most intelligent he'd allow himself to be all day.

Reaching over to snag Lan around the neck while giving the woman a cocky grin. "Who are ya anyway? Don't believe we met." Not that he would have enjoyed any meeting with her if this was how she carried herself. He loved women in all forms but pushy women were not always on the top of his 'To do-her list'. "Lan you know this woman?"

Kuuro Kitten

8,700 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

xx - SHARKattack

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:37 am
"Sable!" Krinn gasped from his position underneath Cada. Gasping at the sight of the girl grown up, Krinn stared at her with a lopsided grin on his face. "You look.... beautiful." He said with a grin, "Wow, its been so long!" When Cada reached up to pull her into a hug, Krinn helped out, looping an arm around the girls neck as they were all pulled by Cada into a bear hug. Laughing at Cada's kiss to her cheek, Krinn grinned, happiness filling his gut. He was glad that they were moving in together. Something told him that living with these two would surely be worth it. As soon as the pestilence dust let go and jumped to his feet, the rain cloud laughed before wrapping Sable in a loose, solo hug. "Its good to see you." He said to the pixie girl, before standing up as well and offering a hand. Looking over at Cada, Krinn let his eyes glitter merrily. "Same here - Lan insisted on giving me a futon though. My bed will arrive sometime tomorrow though."

Decorating, as Cada was already thinking, was something that Krinn was shamelessly looking forward to in a corner of his mind. He'd always loved making his own room... unique. And after living with a chef so long, working the kitchen would be no problem. Watching Cada tiptoe to the door after asking them a question, Krinn glanced over at Sable before following Cada and perching on the other side of the door. Laughing a bit, the rain cloud dust glanced over at Cada.
"I'm sure they'll get used to it." He said. "....Hopefully."

Lan glanced up when Mia and Sable... burst through the door. That was certainly a warm welcome. As warm as one could get, however, with it being Mia and all. Smiling as much as he could as Sable disappeared before he could get a good glimpse of her, Lan was about to say hello before the woman stood before them, hands on her hips, staring them down as much as she could while being shorter then the two. Hovering uncertainly, Lan fidgeted a bit at the others accusation.
"Hi, Mia." He said afterwards, smiling as if he hadn't just been viciously attacked.

Wondering if Marijus had ever met Mia before, Lan was quickly shown the answer when the Doctor beat him to the punch line. Allowing Marijus to speak first, Lan tried to make hand gestures to Mia that he was sorry this was all so sudden and that he was begging her not to get mad. Madder. Jumping a bit when he was snagged by Marijus, Lan brought his hands up to gently grasp at the arm holding him and let his eyes twinkle with a bit of amusement in between all of the stress of the current situation.

"No ones insane."
He said, tilting his head up to huff at Marijus before looking back at Mia. "Its true they grow faster than us, and sooner or later they might need to grow up... Its not like they're never going to come home and we're never going to see them again." He huffed at the two of them. "Its Sable, Cada, and Krinn. How much trouble could they get intooo..... or out of?" That was just it - it was Sable, Cada, and Krinn. The question was how much trouble they could stay out of. "I dont know about you guys, but I trust them enough on their own. I'm not saying I'm completely at rest with this, but if its what they want, I think we should at least let them try."

Tilting his head up when Marijus asked him if he knew the girl, Lan smiled crookedly. Pushing his weight a bit onto Marijus, who was probably unaffected by it, He waved again to Mia.
"I think so." He said jokingly. And then he shook his head. "This is Mia. Mia, this is Marijus." Tilting his head, Lan nodded to her. "Its been awhile - you look good, as always."

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 4:39 pm
Sable giggled as the boys had her in essentially a sandwiched position. "Thanks, you don't look half bad yourself Krinn." Sable waited until the hugging ended before she glanced around the place. "Empty..." She mused by passing Cada's question. It wasn't that Mia disapproved per say... just that she didn't have any choice in the matter and was scared for all of humanity...

At least thats what she kept ranting about on their way here.

"But I'm sure we can fix that..." She turned to the boys "So, what have I missed? did you both just get here too?"

Mia, meanwhile, was staring down the men in front of her. Considering she was shorter by a head than both of them it did look fairly amusing... but just as threatening.

"It is precisely because they grow so fast that they never have the time to settle into themselves! They are less likely to adjust to the changes in their bodies whatever they are... and you two are perfectly fine with a young girl like Sable staying with two teenage boys?" Mia fumed. "Never mind that Krinn is usually the responsible one, that boy always followed Sable wherever she went and I don't even know the other enough to feel secure in his being here!"

She turned to Lan and raised an eyebrow "You know as well as I do that nothing good ever happens when Sable's with Krinn. They both always run off and do something outrageous." She knew she was exaggerating. Neither Sable nor Krinn ever got themselves injured when they ran off... they mostly just went someplace fairly difficult to get to.

Regardless Mia was still upset. She just didn't quite know what to do about it. As Sable said, she was now an adult capable of taking care of her own affairs and that is what she would do. Mia just wasn't sure how much she could trust that given Sable's history.

Faeyas

6,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Popular Thread 100

Kuuro Kitten

8,700 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:10 pm
Marijus knew enough about Cada to feel secure in having him live with a girl and a close male friend. Sable was about as safe as any girl would be with her choice in housemates. The fact that Cada was being inadvertently attacked didn't sit well with the doctor -- a fact noted by his sudden shift in height and steps forward. "Listen lady, I don't know where you get off lecturing me or whatever but I make my own damn decisions. If Cadaver wants to move out who am I to stop him? Besides he's a gentleman..." More than he could say for himself. "He wouldn't do anything to Sable what she didn't want. He's very protective of his friends so he'll watch out for her like a sister. If you're not secure about the decision then stick around and get to know the kid." And that was that, brushing past the woman he went to go take a seat on the dusty couch. Coughing, he covered his mouth hoping one of the other two were good at cleaning cause he figured Cada would just turn cleaning into an event for fun and never get it done.

Cada smiled stretching his arms over his head. "We both pretty much just got here a little before you. Nothing much has happened." He offered as he opened the door to listen again. "Sounds like things have died down..." He hoped. "So what are we going to do today? Oh... maybe we could have a house warming party or something. To christen the house... what do you say?"

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:04 am
Lan sat through Mia's talk, finding that raising his hand and trying to interrupt was almost useless against the strong willed girl. She made good points, and the cook knew he was going to lose if he just tried to argue with common sense. Sighing, the young adult rubbed his fingers to his head and began to undo and retie his ponytail - a nervous habit he'd picked up. Dropping his gaze to consider Mia's words, Lan crossed his arms, watching the other two adults in the room until they'd gotten whatever it was they wanted said out on the table.

"I cant change Krinn's decision to move out, Mia."
He said, his hands finding their way to his hips and his thumbs into the pocket of his jeans. "I cant convince any of them that this might be anything else but a bad idea. I'm upset too, but Krinn's grown up a lot since I've first... met him," The cook gestured with one of his hands to get the idea around. "He'll be the first to admit that jumping off a cliff doesn't sound as inviting now that he's growing up. I trust Sable with them because lets face it, Krinn's as stupid as a doorknob when it comes to women, and Cada is... Cada." Without a better excuse, he moved on. "Its not like we're putting them on a boat and sending them off to sea - they're just moving out." He shrugged guiltily with a smile. "Let them live a little on their own. We cant be hovering forever."

Without much else to say, Lan stuffed his hands in his pockets and shifted from one foot to the other, not trusting himself to lean on anything. Dust was everywhere, and he didn't want to turn into Marijus, who looked like he'd walked in on dust paradise.

Krinn smiled when Sable mentioned him not looking half bad. Feeling the enthusiasm ebb into the back of his mind, a calm sort of dulled out euphoria took over. Sitting up as soon as they disentangled from each other, the storm shifted his eyes at the mention of it being empty. Letting Cada answer for them, Krinn just took a look around, surveying the room. She was right, their house was pretty barren of anything interesting. But with his luck, Krinn already knew that his room would be packed tight before long. Turning his eyes back as the dust listened to Cada, Krinn smiled, padding after Cada to listen as well.
"We should clean up the rest of the dust." He said in a dry humorous tone. He could hear someone coughing down the hall. "A house warming party sounds fun though. We could invite the people we know. Maybe just a small one?" He shrugged his shoulders. He'd never been a fan of crowds. Turning his eyes to Sable, he waited for her answer as well, leaning on Cada in the meantime with a lazy, pleased smile on his face.

xx - SHARKattack

Faeyas

6,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:55 pm
Mia was bout to retort against this strange man until Lan spoke. He was logical and reasonable... if a bit to lax... as always. She grumbled, "Well at least I don't have to stick around and wait for the apartment to blow up..." She explained hotly as she turned for the door, "I assume both of you have already helped your boys with their stuff for now... if you trust them so much we should probably get going so they can get settled." Mia spoke this, not looking at Lan, but the other man who was sitting there. She didn't like him at all...

Humphing, Mia went over to see where Sable had gone off to. She found her surrounded by Krinn and Cada, laughing as they were discussing something, "I'm going Sable," She called and turned to leave.

"Bye Mia!" Sable called back, a grin tattooed to her face. Mia was going, mia was going... Sable finally had separated from her! She let herself internally celebrate for a moment before she returned to the task at hand.

"A party?" her eyes sparkled, "I love parties... but I agree with Krinn, this place needs cleaning, and no one wants to come to a party where there are more boxes then stuff," She pointed out reasonably. "But I'm sure once we have cleaned up a bit, un-packed, and gone shopping for things like food, we can get some of our friends to come and help up declare this apartment ours." The idea of a party, in her shared apartment, was just so awesome Sable couldn't stop grinning. She cracked her knuckles, "So shall we get started?" She offered, excited to get all the hard work out of the way so they could party.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:24 pm
Cada flopped on his back rolling left then right. "I don't wanna clean though!" He whined the action far too dramatic for the situation but usual for the dust. Rolling again he found himself feet to face with familiar shoes. Looking up Marijus was standing there, arched brow and green eyes gazing at his son. Cada giggled and rolled back more before standing. "Papa are you leaving?"

The man shrugged then patted the boy on the back. "Yeah. Ya don't need me 'round anymore anyway." He offered glancing at the other two before moving along. "Just don't turn into a stranger."

Nodding Cada agreed. He wouldn't ignore his papa but he loved the idea of living with Krinn and Sable so much that he couldn't wipe the grin off his face. Waving he turned back to the others flopping on his back again to resume his dramatic protest of cleaning. Rolling back and forth on the floor, arms spread and eyes closed in mock tears. "I'll go to the store... you guys can clean." The dust offered hoping they would comply it just wouldn't get done if he were made to clean.

Kuuro Kitten

8,700 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

xx - SHARKattack

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:50 pm
Lan smiled at the agreement - whether spoken or not - that the adults seemed to come to. They acted more like kids then their own charges, the dual haired cook thought, shuffling as Mia announced that they should get going. Padding after the short girl, he came face to face with Krinn, who'd been in the midst of dodging Cada's rolling form. Looking up, the storm regarded him with a veiled expression. "Leaving?" He guessed, from Marijus and Mia's appearance to announce they were going. Lan shrugged a shoulder.

"I dont want to get in the way of your spring cleaning."
He joked wryly with a familiar grin. "I will be leaving though, I trust you guys enough to get this place up to par. And I think I've taught you enough in the kitchen for you to know how to feed three people." Krinn mock saluted him. Before the adult had time to backtrace through the house and to the door, his charge had pressed forward and pulled Lan into a one armed hug. Because he was a few inches taller, he had the advantage. Blinking as the storm released him, Lan glanced up into the dual eyes.

"I'll miss you - but I wont miss living with you."
Krinn joked, drawing out a laugh from Lan before the other waved.

"I'll be seeing you, Sable, Cada. Dont burn down the house."
He said before disappearing, and letting Krinn turn back to the work at hand. Suddenly, as if realizing the protest from Cada and Sable, he put a hand on his hip and twisted his expression into a wry look.

"I'll clean."
He said with some mirth. "I think I might be the only one who like it." He added with a familiar smile. Turning his eyes to Sable, he gave a one shouldered shrug with amusement. "I'll take the kitchen and the downstairs?" He suggested before turning back to Cada. "You should getting makings for cake or something." He admitted, giving into his guilty sweet tooth. Smiling sheepishly, he stuck his thumbs into his jean pockets. Mine as well get as many sweets out as they could before the adults found out came back for a good long lecture.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:23 pm
Sable laughed, "Guess I have upstairs, hope you both haven't got things out already that you don't want me to see. If you do go pick them up before you do anything else." Unlike what Krinn had suggested Sable really did care about cleaning. Sure it wasn't fun, but when something was as filthy as the apartment, she knew that cleaning would need to be done and she would not complain.

Sable turned to Cada and smirked, "For someone who doesn't like cleaning you sure are picking up a bunch of dust." She laughed, and squatted down so she could talk to him reasonably, opposed to looking straight down at him. She wiped a finder along this clothes to show the caked dust that was covering his body, " Speaking of picking up..." she began, "pick up some normal food too Cada, bread and apples and the such, oh and honey." Sable put in her order, "Do you have enough money for the groceries?" She turned her head up to Krinn "I can give Cada coins for now, but after the party, we really should sit down and go over money for food. It's cheaper to buy for three, easier to cook for three, but it requires having all of our food money in one location." Sable was being fairly reasonable for... well... sable...

But food was one thing she took very seriously. If she didn't eat, she was very grouchy. She liked food. She also liked being cheap. Mia had turned her into a penny pincher. So she needed to ensure food would be taken care of in the least expensive way possible. She just hoped they wouldn't think she was possessed.

Faeyas

6,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Popular Thread 100

Kuuro Kitten

8,700 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:41 pm
The dust didn't bother Cada so much but he had to admit he was doing a wonderful job of collecting dust. Sitting up he brushed at his sweater and pants standing to his feet to dust himself off completely. "I have enough for groceries." He shrugged, a little going away fund that Marijus had given him but it wouldn't last them long without proper planning. So he would make certain to keep an eye on bargain deals.

"I got it." He chimed ticking off the grocery list of items each dust had wanted. And while they were giving their orders he had some of his own that he'd add in as well. "Anything else? I'm going to head out now."

Roleplaying

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games