Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Questions and Assistance
Gifts and trades - Answered

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

lovafi

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 2:18 pm
Someone has kindly sent me a gift, but it also appears in my 'trades waiting on me' list.
I have opened the gift and used it. Do I have to do anything on the trading page?
There doesn't appear to be an 'accept' button.

And how can I thank them?

Also - how do I find this post later to see peoples answers?  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 4:51 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
I'm afraid I don't understand; when someone sends you a gift through the gifting system (You received the private message from [NPC] Rina, I presume?), there is no trade involved in that process; they just send it to you, it is placed in your inventory, and you open that gift to receive your item. With a trade, it takes two sets of passwords and the consent of two individuals in order to make the exchange.

If there is a trade waiting on you, in order to complete the trade, you need to click on the trade, attach whatever gold or items you promised to the other person to that trade, and then accept the trade on your end.

You can thank this person by sending them a private message or commenting their profile; if you have questions about either one of those things, please say so, and I will explain it in full detail.

If you want to find this thread later, you'll have to come again into the Newbie Supporting and Training Guild (which can be found under Forums --> Guilds) and then find the Questions & Assistance Subforum, where this thread is located.

Ebania
Crew

Sarcastic Prophet

lovafi

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:20 am
Ebony the Peacian

If there is a trade waiting on you, in order to complete the trade, you need to click on the trade, attach whatever gold or items you promised to the other person to that trade, and then accept the trade on your end.
size]

Thanks Ebony, confusion cleared, it turns out someone was trying to trade the same item that another person had just gifted me. The trade offer had just randomly appeared.

How do you set up a trade? I mean - how do you know who to trade with? Is there a 'willing to trade' list anywhere?

Sorry to be a pest!  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 7:23 pm
No problem! That's what I'm here for. ^__^

There are several ways to set up a trade; the way that I prefer is to hover your mouse over the small menu of actions beneath each person's avatar in the forums - you know, the one that reads that person's online or offline status. There is a button that reads "Trade;" click it, and you will be redirected to a page where you will be able to attach gold or items to a trade, type in your password, and initiate an exchange with that individual.

I hope that this helps! If you have any more questions, ask away!

Ebania
Crew

Sarcastic Prophet

4znlyfe

500 Points
  • Member 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:49 pm
Maybe you can pm the person who sent you the gift a thanks? just clicking on the profile and sent them a message ^^.

if you click on the trade/gift page and accept the item, it should be gone after you received the item.  
☆ Questions and Assistance

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games