Reply Community Lounge
What makes some one REALLY a killer??

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Crimson_Nyx

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:05 pm
I have recently read the book Evil Serial Killers by Charlotte Greig. Why is it that People always go into their childhood. Those that really prove the Nature Vs. Nurture?? Does Bad Parents? Sexual/ Physical and Emotional abuse? Bad Guardians? make a Serial Killer??

If thats the case then that means I will become a Serial Killer? Not just that but you as well. Not all families are perfect. Did you know that one in four girls are molested? one in five boys are molested? These days divorced parents are not uknown of. Parents always say mean stuff without knowing it thinking they just being discreet. Whoopings are not unknown of. How many of us can be Serial Killers??

User Image

Please no rude or insulting comments. Feel free to post your opinions or comments.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:50 pm
I think you're highly simplifying things. Psychologists find that serial killers share these traits, however, that doesn't mean that ALL people that have these traits will be serial killers. Sort of like, all Protestants are Christians but not all Christians are Protestants. The human mind and human behavior are highly complex and there are many factors that will cause someone to become a murder. These are just hints that there is a possibility. Remember the past of these people are looked into AFTER the fact, we don't know for sure who will or won't become a murderer, and it is highly unethical to put a child into a living condition that we hypothesize creates murders.

Also, NO family is perfect. Beware of wording, that can be really dangerous when trying to make your point about anything, there is no "none" or "all" that doesn't exist.  

Sanzoskitsune
Crew

Phaeton

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:38 pm
At the very least law dictates that someone is a serial killer if they have killed numerous people. Direct and to the point. Somewhere along the line that person had a choice. If they chose to kill, they are a murderer. If it happened suddenly against their will, they committed man slaughter.

If behaviors were so simple to diagnose then things would be different, but since they aren't it seems futile to predict who could become a murderer and who won't. it seems like it could save lives, but on the other hand it could be putting money into corrupting minds needlessly.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:18 pm
It's simple enough to me. Would I kill for my family? Yes, in a heartbeat. Would I kill countless times for my family, again yes I would. So am I a serial killer?

Sometimes is it simple to try and see why people kill. There are times when it's not though.  

God-Raped-Me

Yvaine

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:53 pm
Actually, Phaeton, killing numerous people on purpose makes someone a mass murderer. A serial killer is someone who kills repeatedly, chooses a similar type of victim every time, spread over a period of time, following a set pattern and usually collecting "trophies" from each kill. There are also some genetic markers that are looked for after the person is caught. It's actually pretty tough to get classified as a serial killer. You got manslaughter right though, manslaughter is when you act out stupidly and (ohshit) end up killing someone by failing to restrain your enthusiasm.

So no, everyone who got their butt whupped as a child will not grow up to be a serial killer, just like everyone who had a terrifying experience when young will not develop a dissociative disorder. ALL the pieces need to be in place.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 1:39 pm
Anyone can be a killer. You just as much as I as much as anyone else.

Some people are more predisposed to it, but anyone can be pushed to kill, and we all have our lines in the sand.  

lazycommie

Community Lounge

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff