Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Questions and Assistance
I need official guild assistance quick! EMERGENCY - Answered

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

kitnboots

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 2:48 pm
Sorry I'm freaking out. I cant tell if someone is trying to hack into my account or if the PM I just got is official. Some one from guild crew please help. PM me. PLEASE!  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:44 pm
Alright cal down for a minute.

First of all this thread doesn't belong here. It goes ion the Questions and Assitance sub forum.

Second of all I am not a guild crew member but I've been great at protecting my account.

Third can you specify(sp. wrong I think) the PM

Fourth, remember Gaia will never ask for you password  

PebbleDrop856

Devoted Allegiant

9,650 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Tragic l2abbit

Savage Sweetheart

13,900 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:34 pm
PM'd to kitnboots

Quote:

Oh gosh, sorry hun. Because you posted this in the wrong place, it wasn't seen till just now. icon_sad.gif
I'm sorry.

First of all, when in doubt - change your password! You should do that every month or so to be safe.

Also if you think you've clicked a phishing link, change it.

PM me and let me know how it goes.

icon_heart.gif

Moving to the Q&A

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 12:58 pm
kitnboots
Sorry I'm freaking out. I cant tell if someone is trying to hack into my account or if the PM I just got is official. Some one from guild crew please help. PM me. PLEASE!

You'll always be able to identify Gaia Staff by the color of their username. The mods will always be green or orange- but never black. Never.

And Gaia staff will not ask you for your password. No matter how official the e-mail looks or how convincing it seems, if there's ANY mention of needing any sort of passcode, it's no good and should be reported immediately by use of the 'Report PM' button.  

Daypaw

Hardened Member

Lady Kayura

Fluffy Bunny

23,150 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 1:48 pm
Daypaw

You'll always be able to identify Gaia Staff by the color of their username. The mods will always be green or orange- but never black. Never.

Mods are green. Admins are orange. Forum assistants are magenta.

There's a reason staff won't ask for your password, ever. They don't need it to do things in your account. They can see your account from theirs and do what they need, such as freezing it.

If you still have it, you should report the PM that asked for your password. Always report that sort of thing. 3nodding

☆ Questions and Assistance

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games