Reply RP/Game
The Star Amongst the Sea Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sentama Lin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 3:19 pm
Gottereich was a bit late to the meeting, instructing some of her refugees with some tasks on the deck. But, eventually, she made her way into the bridge, noticing it's homely condition. She took a seat at a vacant place and exchanged niceties with the rest of the crew.

"Mm... I am Sylvia Gottereich." She said with a small respectful nod. "Long story short, I sneak into German-occupied territories and try to rescue people who have not yet become victim to the Final Solution."

Her attention piqued at each person's words, particularly the one who seemed to only know rudimentary English. It worried her, somewhat, for some reason that she could not pinpoint. Still, even if she would have enemies on board this ship, it's best to keep your enemies close.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 3:53 pm
Owen nodded to everyone as they identified themselves and gave a thanks to Claira who identified Adalrik to him through translation.

"Alright, Sylvia, Adalrik, Roland, and Claira. Good good" he said. "Alright, i need some people to be my right hand group and because you all approached me i can tell you have some passion about being on here."

"So, down to business..." he goes to his desk and gets a map then comes back and unrolls it. he points at a section of the shores of South America. "....I know we just got on here but we have a lot to do to get on our feet. See, we only have a hand full of supplies to feed about 20 people, we have 90 and whatever the crewmen brought with them won't be enough. So, our first move will be a desperate one, here there is an Allied supply house for ships. I'm hoping that we can get enough liberator pistols out so we can go in, force the guards to surrender and take their stuff. There will be 3 armed soldiers with each truck and there will be a total of three trucks going there. So that makes 9 armed men we have to force into submission. But we also have to concider their sniper guards watching the place, which will be about 2, and force them into the same position. ..."

He gives Claira a chance to translate for Adalrik before continuing. "So....we have 8 STEN sub machine guns, and 4 Riot shotguns, then whatever liberator pistols are made. So its 11 armed soldiers vs. 12 of our untrained men. I'm hoping we can trick them into believing those cannons are live so they won't attack but thats not a plan. So with that, any ideas? I have a few but I want to see what you all say first."

he leans forward to listen to every ones thoughts on the situation  

Red Glacier

Sentama Lin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:31 am
"Brute force won't win this." She sad, standing up and pondering the situation a bit. She eyed the figurines on the map "Nine men... three in each truck..." she muttered, thinking, the gears in her head churning. "Even if we out-man them, they're all trained, and we're essentially rag-tag." With a smirk, she slammed both hands on the table. "So, the best plan is to trick them."

Looking over the map, she notices a fjord where the ship can be kept, moving the ship figurine there. "You said there are three trucks with three soldiers each. We don't need to fight all the trucks. We only need to bring down one..."

With that, she pointed to the end truck. "My tactic is simple: we rot them from the inside. First, I say we commandeer that truck and incapacitate the soldiers. Three of us will dress up as those soldiers -- Owen, you were a USM; you would look the most convincing... if you shave your hair. The rest of us will act as prisoners. The soldiers we will swap clothing with, gag them, and tie them up, but keep them conscious. It'll help make the prisoners more convincing...

"From there, we be careful and incapacitate all we can until it's clear enough for us to get our supplies..."  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:12 am
Since no one but the nurse voiced their displeasure, and since she said she wouldn't mind, Roland shrugged and struck a match against his thumbnail and used it to light his smoke. He then sat back and listened to the plan that Sylvia proposed.

"That sounds like the best way to do it, I'd imagine few of us are trained in the ways of combat. Those that are should be the ones that act as the guards, in case things turn south and we are discovered." Roland bowed his head for a second, thinking with his thumb and forefinger pinching the bridge of his nose. After a few seconds, he looked back up and said "I see no other way to do it. Casualties would be too high any other way that I can think of. I support Sylvia's plan."  

Roland Karloseth

Invisible Hunter

9,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200

CR Kyrie

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:48 pm
The sailor found himself drifting while the foreigners prattled on in their English conversation. Since he didn't understand it at all, he only paid attention to Claira when she was translating for him. It gave him time to focus on other things, think about other things. It was nice to be on a warship again. This wasn't as large or as powerful as the Scharnhorn, but it felt much more safe than the flimsy travel barge he'd taken to get here.

At the mention of possible ambush and combat, Adalrik began to pay attention again. Claira's voice flowed over him, but he watched the Marine. He had seen plenty of them, prisoners from the American ships he'd helped to sink. Prisoners he'd tortured during interrogations. As the Konteradmiral of a major warship, he'd seen his fair share of casualties. Odd how this man looked so different than any of them, yet claimed a brotherhood. In his experience, all of the 'Marines' had looked the same.

They had weapons, and more were being made. Adalrik's own handgun was in his belt, around the back, hidden. It was military-grade, handed to high-ranking officers in the Kreigsmarine. Accurate and powerful, it was in excellent condition. After all, one always had to care for his weapon, as it could turn out to be his only friend. Kind of like now.

The accentless woman seemed to have a different plan. Claira summed it up; something about putting the Kapitan in unnecessary danger, and then the rest of them. If they were to look like prisoners, Adalrik's weapon would surely be found, and he did not like that idea. Not at all. Not to mention that they could look through the records and match his likeness to his identification. Handing him over to the Reichstag would fetch a pretty penny these days, and even the Allies could be bought.

Evil wasn't exclusive to the NSDAP.

The other American soldier spoke his mind. Claira's translation suggested he supported this madness. It was insanity! Adalrik would not go along with such a plan, not unless he was going to be very well compensated for it.

"Nein!," he exclaimed, turning to Claira with a passion born from desperation in his eyes, "Das ist nicht gut! Er weiß es nicht, dass wir sicher wären. Ich mag nicht gern toten!"

(No! That's not good! He doesn't know that we would be safe. I don't have a death wish!)  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:37 pm
((Sorry for the wait guys. D: My bad. My horrible bad. Also, a note about languages, everything she says in German will now be italicized, and I'm not going to mention that it's in German unless it's not obvious. Because I'm lazy like that. :3))

As the discussion went on, Claira translated everything to Adalrik, while thinking frantically about what to do. She wasn't experienced in war or anything warlike, just the clean up from confrontations... or mistakes in situations like this. After translating Adalrik's passionate outburst, she turned to Owen.

"Sir, I know nothing about this kind of thing," she told him softly, apologetically. Claira wished she could help, really she did. "I fix people up, I don't put them in situations where they could get broken and need fixing. Maybe, I would like to hear what Owen has to say before I venture an opinion. I..." She looked back at Adalrik, looking at the desperation in his expression.

"Adalrik, I know you don't like this," she began, "but we are all going to die no matter what if we don't do something. Almost all of us will starve to death within a week. A few people might survive longer, depending on how we ration what food we have now, but within a week and a half, every single person on this ship will die a horrible death. I could describe to you exactly what happens when you die of starvation, which systems in your body shut down first, exactly how much it hurts, but I won't. You seem to be a hardened man, I think it would be unnecessary. But obviously if you are not willing to do anything to help, then you do have a death wish, for yourself and everyone else here!" Her eyes flashed angrily at his unwillingness. She knew about desperation, yes, but every person here was desperate. Crossing her arms as she looked at him, her voice became hard and sharp, spawned by the frustration and anger she felt about this whole situation. "We are ALL going to DIE if we don't do SOMETHING. Do you understand me?" Claira stopped herself and uncrossed her arms, took a deep, calming breath, then smiled wryly at him. "I apologize. I did not mean to take my frustration out on you. It was wrong of me. It.... I'm scared too." This last part she said very softly, almost speaking to herself, though it was loud enough for him to hear.  

Kerrigan_dragon

Red Glacier

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:11 pm
(Ranuu nobody starts with a weapon, I remember telling you on pm. If you could get rid of that part I would appreciate it. It ruins the feel of the RP in the regards that we have next to nothing and its unfair if you start off with a gun and the rest of us have to scrape bowls for weapons. I'm not mad or anything I just want to explain why I can't allow it so i'll be ignoring that part of your post.)

Owen could see the fear in every ones voices, especially in Clairas. He kept a calm feel to his actions and voice. "Its ok everyone. stay calm, If we work with clear minds we can make a desperate situation into a grand opportunity. I like Sylvias plan but there's a problem. all the trucks travel in a line so there's no way we could hijack one without the others immediate response. This is my idea, we go and hide the Angelos close to the supply building. from there we'll sneak 16 of our people sneak into the building at different times, there's only two guards so that will be easy to do. I snuck this ship past them under their noses once. From there we will have 6 people hide among the supply crates and as soon as the trucks park and all their personnel gather at the back of the trucks we come out with our guns pointed at them, this way we can demand their surrender and fire if needed before they can even get their guns off their shoulders.....

"...while thats going on the other ten will beat down and hold the snipers down tying them up where they stand. and afterward those ten will get on the cat walks above the supply crates we're hiding in and add some extra intimidation for our truck drivers. How does that sound to everyone?" he gets a sniff of Rolands cigarette and coughs "Damn! I forgot how powerful those things were. Last guy that smoked here was the first to be Kraken food."  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:03 pm
Roland grinned and put his cigarette out, then stuck it back in his case to finish later. "Well then, I shall finish it later when it doesn't offend other people's noses." With that, he crossed his arms across his chest and said "Now, how do the other ten go about doing this? Snipers like to hide. Without an inside informant, finding them will probably be difficult."  

Roland Karloseth

Invisible Hunter

9,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200

Sentama Lin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:05 am
Gottereich smirked, listening to Owen's plan. Same idea; different face. At least, that's what she felt. She did feel concerned, however; the people in the camp were definitely trained, while their own troops were not. She has seen an overwhelming group of weaponed Jews and Catholics die before a smaller squad of Schutzstaffel. The more she thought of Owen's plan, though similar to her own, the more frustrated with it she became, and the frustration furrowed her brow into a look of concern, not for herself, but for her refugees and the others less-trained under Owen's wing.

"Americans..." She chuckles out loud, looking over at Owen. "I agree with your plan, for it's the same as mine. However, Roland is right. We can't go in blindly in there, thinking that surprise and ambush alone will give us the upper hand. Again, they're all trained; not all of us are."

She sobers up, nodding to the captain to show some respect after the comment. Nothing like a little casual banter between a captain and his subordinate. "If I may comment, your plan is too Romantic and lacking a lot of finesse -- something we'll need if we are to go in. Sixteen people seems like a lot to bring with us and not all will be good at the stealth we'll require. Two people at a time will work, but only if those troops can sneak in without notice and can kill without making noise.

"If you don't think we have the skills to silently take down the end truck, then two people it is going in at a time. However, I cannot recommend the ambush -- not unless you can guarantee that, when we send our ultimatum, the other troops will have the other forces neutralised. I'm sure your sentiments are the same as mine: I want to make sure that our casualties remain low. Hence, I have reservations in some of the assumptions you make."

Her face stiffened a little, a small frown. "Call me cynical and lacking of faith in our troops' abilities; I like to think I'm thinking what I can to keep them safe."  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:28 pm
Claira gave a small ironic half smile as she listened to the conversation around her. The parts of it that weren't going over her head just showed her how little she knew about combat and war and ANYTHING to do with ANYTHING that wasn't nursing or books. It wasn't so much that she didn't get it, she just couldn't imagine or visualize the situation at all. After a small bit she realized she'd stopped translating for Adalrik, and she spoke quickly to catch up with what she'd missed.

"Um, if I might interject, it might not matter so much if a few people get hurt in this. If we don't do this, then every one of us will die slowly and horribly." Claira's voice was very soft and sweet for such a terrible statement, and she gave a small embarrassed smile. "I'm just telling them what I told you before when I, er, freaked out at you a little," she told Adalrik quickly. "Again, I'm sorry about that." Switching back to English and turning to the others, she continued. "The liver shuts down. You lose weight as your body eats the fat and muscle. As time goes on your body may start eating the stomach itself to try and survive. The immune system shuts down. The digestive system starts to shut down and you cannot control your bowels. As your body eats its muscle away, you will no longer have the strength to stand, or sit up. Or even swallow water eventually, sometimes. If we run out of fresh water, we'll all die much faster, within a day or two." She smiled sweetly at them all for a moment. "So can we please stop arguing so much about the finer details? Another symptom of dying of thirst or starvation is becoming extremely irritable and violent. So we may not even starve to death. We may all just kill each other instead. I'd much rather we just get the supplies as soon as possible, ok?" Claira smiled at them all again, this time with a hint of malevolence in her grin.  

Kerrigan_dragon

RP/Game

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces