Swine Flu!
  Yay!
  Oh noes....
  Just regular flu for me, please!
  OH GOD MY BODY ACHES, LET ME DIE!
View Results

Trish the Stalker

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:15 am
The odd thing about H1N1 is it's been more prevalent among people under 25 than people over 65. Some people have it and don't even run a fever, and others feel deathly ill.

-Formerly La Belle Isolde-

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:37 pm
Aw, ******** me, we're talking about H1N1 here too now. Work followed me to the ATG? Sigh.

I am lucky. I have never had a flu shot and I have never had the flu. Working in health care, I get exposed to the flu a lot. I have been directly exposed to H1N1 twice at least this year. Still haven't caught it. Kind of like the wonderful meningitis "direct" exposure incident in college. Never got it. I've been exposed to more cases of Strep than I can count and I still haven't gotten that either. The worst I get is a cold...and one case of the chicken pox when I was little.

I am not worried about H1N1 and I refuse to get the vaccine. My boss thinks I'm off my rocker for declining it, but I am also the healthiest person in the freaking building, I rarely take sick days because I rarely am sick, despite my asthma. It's always been that way for me. I think people who are high risk should consider it if they are that concerned, it's good for their peace of mind to feel protected. For me, Purell and vitamin C is sufficient for my peace of mind.

I don't trust the CDC to know what is right for my body, seeing as they are only dealing with the GENERAL public and not the individuals. But they are good at implementing scare tactics. Really good.

I hope those of you who have managed to contract H1N1 rest up and take in plenty of fluids as well as follow your doctors orders and get well soon.
Being sick is no fun.  

Thaliat Everwood

Profitable Conversationalist

9,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

SoLongAndFairWell

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 12:51 am
I have not had the swine flu yet and i don't think im going to get it. sooooooo........ yeah neutral  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:31 am
I read that the last time the swine flu broke out the vaccines were contaminated and winded up giving people a disease that paralyzing people and killing them by suffocation. How wonderful eh?

I think the fact that a vaccine could be contaminated once means it could be again. I also heard that people who got the flu shot last year are more prone to getting the swine flu. I'm so glad I don't get the flu shots! 3nodding  

God-Raped-Me

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:33 pm
I've never had a flu shot in my life, and I'm not bothering to get the swine flu shot because I already had the swine flu. And it wasn't that bad, because I'm fairly healthy. The first couple of days were pretty awful - I was feverish and miserable and couldn't sleep, among other things - but after that, the worst had passed and it basically became like an extended cold. Mostly it was an excuse to skip school for a week and a half. I don't know if everyone's case would be the same as mine, though.

The only annoying thing is that the cough hangs on. And on, and on. I got over the bug about a month and a half ago, and I still have the cough. Admittedly, I also caught a cold a couple of weeks or so after.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 7:24 pm
God-Raped-Me
I read that the last time the swine flu broke out the vaccines were contaminated and winded up giving people a disease that paralyzing people and killing them by suffocation. How wonderful eh?

They were diagnosed with GBS, or Guillain-Barre Syndrome. The new vaccines have been tested heavily to make sure that kind of thing didn't happen again.

Earlier today, I had to go and wait for 4 hours out in the cold in a huge line with tons of people because my mom was hell-bent on me getting vaccinated against h1n1, despite the fact that I almost never leave my room as it is, so therefor I highly doubt I'll ever get sick. Hell, I don't even let my damn friends over if they're sick. If they come over anyway I tell them that they have to leave because it's not worth the risk and hassle of the possibly causing another Kawasaki Syndrome outbreak on me.

- EDIT +1-
Apparently, 16 kids from Michigan have died from swine flu. I'll look for some information on that to verify if it's the truth or not.

" Since September, 396 people have been hospitalized with complications from the illness. The state has seen 16 swine flu related deaths. Of those 16 deaths, 5 were from the metro Detroit area. "

It CAN be fatal for people with pre-existing health conditions, young children, or elderly. Though, if you're healthy and you take the proper precautions that you should be taking ANYWAY whether or not there's a bug going around ( i.e. Washing hands, keeping good overall hygiene, sending me money, punching people who cough on you in the d**k ) you shouldn't have to worry about getting sick from it as much.  

AlcoholicPancake
Crew

3,100 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Voter 0

Lobo-chan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:01 pm
Yeah, there's been a big freak out at my school about it too... Tons of kids sent home and not allowed back for like, a week because they have the flu. I had a flu, but didn't go see the nurse because it was mostly over the weekend and I just had a headache by the time I was back in classes.

Anyways, Lobo's test for swine flu... Squeeze the patient's sides until they make a noise. If they oink, it's swine flu.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:57 am
They didn't have time to test them, and a friend of mine told me that they tests they did on rats resulted in birth defects. Plus the fact that it's hard to find what all they put into this one seems really sketchy to me. I looked up other ones and a ton of them, including the yearly flu shot contain mercury in them and some even have formaldehyde in them. These are things I do not want in my system and I'm angered by the fact that my kids have to get this s**t put into them.

If others want to get it, then by all means I'm not going to stop anyone, I simply suggest putting a bit of your own research into it.  

God-Raped-Me

Shram

4,000 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:56 am
yearly flu shot?
as far as I know we get a flu shot every 10 years in norway
every 5 till you're 15, (ergo I stopped reciving them since I was 14)
though I'd like to think all the vaccinations needed to travel are sufficient -.-.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:33 pm
I know they help to protect against things, vaccinations, but I just don't like what is being put in them.  

God-Raped-Me

^^Psycha^^

6,150 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 1:36 pm
I think I did not big deal you feel like s**t for like 2 to 3 days maximum then you are cool and back to normal, it was so obvious more people are gonna have it back now, because the viruses mutate, ******** I forgot I just saw that this past wensday at my molecular biology class...but well maybe I didnt or I did, well if I did it was becuase I been training soccer in the rain and the weather is like crazy theres sun and its hot like hell then the clouds come and starts to rain.... and I been on the rain to much
also the vaccine it may and not work, its like the aids vaccine it may protect you but it the virus is stronger suffer twisted also I been sick fo the flue all this dam semester becuase of the ******** weather but its ok you just learn to live with it mrgreen  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 2:00 pm
I got the flu shot not too long ago

it wasn't bad at all, and i really dont think ur more prone to gettin the flu. i think ur more prone if u get the mist though.

the mist is a stupid idea btw

shot didn't hurt at all, i'm perfectly fine, the media over exaggerated this whole fiasco, some deaths did occur in young people, but they possibly had weak immune systems. it's all scare tactics

anywho, the shot wasn't bad

just saying  

infinite_personalities101

God-Raped-Me

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 4:46 pm
It's not bad if you don't mind mercury and formaldehyde. I really wish I didn't have to get my kids immunized with the shots that do have that in them. But it's no longer my call.

Just for a good laugh....

User Image

User Image  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:01 pm
XD nice.  

infinite_personalities101

Community Lounge

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers