I will find you... on Gaia! :D 

Tags: friendship, events, hangout, literate, chatting 

Reply Community Lounge
So my car is gone now, and I'm looking at this one. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Should I get the Lancer Evolution IX SE?
  Yeah, go for it!!!!
  Naw, for the VIII
  Pfft, X is more epic. Get that.
  Obligatory poll-whore option.
View Results

wakusei
Vice Captain

Gambino Fatcat

14,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 11:23 am
Indeed. It's definitely worth it to check all that out.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:01 pm
Well, keep in mind that those cars tend to get run into the ground. to find one with it's fairly low mileage, and the condition it's in, I think it's a very good buy. It's got a clear history, and never been abused or overly modified. that's the kind of thing when looking at those cars, cause the KBB gives you a value based on depreciation, asthetics, and over all mileage. Not a good base to go off of when looking for a reliable DD, I'd rather know if the owner drove the car like he stole it or not, knowing how many hard miles are on the car is more important.  

Arcanas

Hunter

wakusei
Vice Captain

Gambino Fatcat

14,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:24 pm
I'd still use the blue book value to haggle for a lower price. It only gets you a better deal.

If you can't test drive and look at the car yourself, I'd just as soon assume the previous owner treated it like crap regardless of what they said. Better to ensure I don't get screwed over.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:32 pm
Or it just pisses the person off. Besides, the guy is local. If I wanted to check the car out, I have the freedom to.  

Arcanas

Hunter

wakusei
Vice Captain

Gambino Fatcat

14,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:39 pm
Isn't haggling to be expected when buying a used car of any sort? Just approach with friendly caution.... If the person gets pissed off quickly, I'd sense that as a defensive maneuver and would then question what they're hiding. But maybe I'm not a trusting person... sweatdrop

I'm not saying what you should do. Do and buy what you like! This is just my perspective is all, and it is sorta what you asked for~

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:41 pm
Only when the listing has an "OBO" along with the preferred price.

Or when dealing with a stealership.  

Arcanas

Hunter

[ Terra ]

5,950 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Wall Street 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:22 pm
Arcanas
Only when the listing has an "OBO" along with the preferred price.

Or when dealing with a stealership.

Really? Because in my looking for a car recently I have found that most people set their price higher than what they are really willing to sell it for because they expect to haggle, regardless of whether or not they put OBO. Occasionally they will say that they really cannot go any lower but they have never gotten mad because we made a lower offer.

Maybe it's just a different culture around here...

To be honest, I'm in the same mindset as Waku. If someone gets pissed off because you try to haggle or because you are thorough in investigating a cars history/condition and worth then I don't trust them and I walk away.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:24 pm
*GRM would drive it.... does that make GRM a man?*

I dislike the interior colour, browns and beige aren't very appealing to me. I still prefer Mazda though.  

God-Raped-Me

Xikrai the Risen

Dapper Reveler

1,900 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:44 pm
GO FOR IT!!!! The IX is my favorite! And it's black! Also that looks like an excellent price for that car. Considering it starts at like 32k brand new. Low miles and unmodded. I've seen VIIIs go for the same price at 3 yrs old.

My Mazda speed3 had more miles on it and it's an '07!

Oh and Chex, judging from the seats of my car...those seats are actually very comfy. I LOVE mine.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:43 am
I'll paint you mornings of gold,
I'll spin you Valentine evenings...

Oh yeah, sure, go ahead and encourage him to spend money he doesn't have. His a** is already several thousand in debt and you want to put him even further into the hole?

By all means, be my guest. I'm tired of this. I've told him my two cents about this whole thing yesterday and I'm just going to sit by and let him hang himself because, quite frankly, I told him so.

I'm on Waku's and Terra's side.

Though we're strangers till now,
We're choosing a path between the stars.

Chexley

1,850 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Xikrai the Risen

Dapper Reveler

1,900 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:49 am
And that price is actually just right for that car, just a couple hundred higher which is justified. The mods done to the car cost more than that. Money wise it is probly not the smartest thing to do. Buying my car probly wasn't the smartest thing either. If you can manage, you can manage though. A dream car at a decent price doesn't always come along. one reason I jumped so fast when my dad told me there was a used speed 3 available at $17k and some change.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:17 am
I'm not a car person.... I like ones that have good gas mileage, customer satisfaction, cheap parts, and overall don't cost a ton. I don't give a crap what it looks like... whee  

wakusei
Vice Captain

Gambino Fatcat

14,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200

O h a y a r i

Demonic Hunter

13,600 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:23 pm
Honestly Arc, that deal is incredible. Those cars are amazingly durable. I would definitely install that mod that is included. The car is beautiful, looks and mods, everything. $25000 is nothing for that car. Only problem with black book or blue book is thats what DEALERS will PAY for them. They usually rip you off. Trust me I know. My mom works in a car dealership and said it herself.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:19 pm
wakusei
I'm not a car person.... I like ones that have good gas mileage, customer satisfaction, cheap parts, and overall don't cost a ton. I don't give a crap what it looks like... whee

I'll paint you mornings of gold,
I'll spin you Valentine evenings...

I'm with you on that one. Luckily for me, my dad knows how to paint cars, so learning from him won't be so hard. I can spruse up my future car if I wanted.

Though we're strangers till now,
We're choosing a path between the stars.

Chexley

1,850 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Community Lounge

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items