Kalstolyn

Desirable Genius

5,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:33 pm
God-Raped-Me
Vitamin D does help the immune system but everywhere I looked said it's first function, or what we really need it for, is bone growth and maintenance. I find it odd that they would be pushing that one instead of something vitamin C or something else.

Kals is questing again!
It's being pushed as the best defense against the flu this year. Vitamin D supplements are constantly selling out at drug stores and whatnot.

Also, re: caffeine being illegal in non-brown liquids, that law has some loopholes. Energy drinks, for instance, contain loads of caffeine and are all kinds of colours. I believe that if caffeine is an ingredient in something considered "food" then it's covered under the regulation, and if it is an "additive" in a "health product" such as an energy drink or similar, it is not covered under the law.

There is a version of Mountian Dew with a black label that has been sold here in the past two years or so that has caffeine. It falls into the category of a “Natural Health Product”

@waku: I find that colas seem to have smaller bubbles than non-colas such as sprite, 7-up, root beer, and things with "fruit" flavours and bright colours. Also, colas have a lot more acid than non-colas, which might change the feeling of the bubbles going down! I agree, it does feel soothing to the throat, almost as if it's scratching an itch or something.

Check sig for details!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:43 pm
I'm glad I'm not the only one who can describe the bubblies as scratching your throat! I drink pop like mad when I have a sore throat.... It's not very good in the long run but it's like the only thing that gives me instant relief!  

God-Raped-Me

Kalstolyn

Desirable Genius

5,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:13 am
Kals is questing again!
yeah it scratches an itch on the inside of my ears somehow too. xd

Check sig for details!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:55 am