View Results

Kusaragi

Versatile Flatterer

9,800 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 12:53 pm
Fate has a way of sneaking up and smacking you upside the head with a barbed-wire wrapped baseball bat.

Just a week after Aretoo and I got in a car accident, I come to find that my Great-Grandmother (Who's 89th birthday is Monday November 9) who fell and has become bedridden in the hospital. Recently she has taken a turn for the worse and I fear she might not reach her birthday.

She fell and broke a couple ribs, but that's the least of her problems. She has liver cysts and the fall made one burst. The second day she was feeling worse and worse, and the third day she fall again. At that point she was taken to the hospital.
Last night she was sleeping and somewhat comfortable, this morning there was complications. Her body seems to be shutting down her veins are collapsing, she is in pain and the three infections in her system (from the burst cyst) have not gotten under control.

I hope nothing bu the best for my Granma and I REALLY hope she pulls through this. But I also know that if it is her time, she has spent it well. My mom's side of the family is here (About 20 people) and that's only about 1/3 of the total family.

I hope I can keep my sanity from all these things happening in my life.

Spoonfed:
Loosing family members
Loosing sleep
Being in hospitals
people getting better
good times.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 1:07 pm
sad  

aretoo
Crew

5,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Member 100

Taeryyn

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 1:21 pm
I'm really sorry to hear that about your great-grandmother, Kusa. sad  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 1:54 pm
I'll paint you mornings of gold,
I'll spin you Valentine evenings...

I'm sure your grandmother is a tough, ol' bird. She'll pull through. heart

Though we're strangers till now,
We're choosing a path between the stars.

Chexley

1,850 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

God-Raped-Me

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 2:12 pm
I find it's hard knowing that someone is about to die rather then them just dieing. The wait, the what if's, the trying top prepare yourself... None of it is easy.

I really wish I had some great words, or even something to make you laugh, alas all I can say is try and remember the good times with her. She's led a long, hopefully, fulfilling life and maybe it's just her time to be at peace now. Try and be happy that none of the perils of the world will be able to get to her should she pass. If you can spend time with her, I'm sure if you can you are though!

If she doesn't pass all the better! My wishes go out to you and your family! *hugs*  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 2:29 pm
I'm so sorry Kusa =( I hope your great-grandmother pulls through.

*hug* I really wish I had something better to give you rather than well-wishes and an interweb hug, but here's hoping they help somewhat.

invisible-weirdo

ennaelatan

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 3:54 pm
Kusaragi,

I know I've only been here for a few hours and you have no idea who I am, but I want you to know I have faith in and for you. I hope everything works out for the best.

My aunt spent the last two years of her life in pain. It was the most painful thing I've ever had to witness. She's a wonderful woman and I love her dearly. (I don't like past tense. You don't ever really stop loving the people you love - and they don't stop being any less wonderful.) The time I spent with her was hard but very meaningful. I wrote her something special and read it to her in the hospital because she couldn't see it. She was happier than she'd been in months.
It was especially hard because she didn't know she was getting worse. Well, I'm sure she knew, but the doctors didn't tell her she was getting worse. The unknown factor was the hardest. I never left her side without tears in my eyes. I love her immensely - but I will say that it was the most meaningful time in my life. All you can do is be there for the things they need and for the times they need you. Losing someone close to you is a hard and meaningful lesson to learn about life and about humanity.

I truly wish you well and hope you get through this. You seem like a strong person, I think you'll keep your sanity.

As for good times (because I can't bear to leave posts on such a blue note... sorry):

Keep in mind all the wonderful stories you have of your grandmother. Keep the memories and her spirit alive with your heart. Thinking about all the wonderful things truly does make it easier. I sincerely hope she gets better, so that you'll have more wonderful stories to share with her and learn from her - but if not, remember all the wonderful things she's taught you and the memories you have of her. Little smiles, innocent embarrassments - it'll keep you smiling.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:43 am
Kusa-kun! *huggles*

My grandpa died when I was a lot younger, he was 92. I talked to him in the hospital (he had congestive heart failure) and he constantly forgot what he was talking about in the conversation and I felt horrible. It's going to be tough, I wasn't even that close to my grandpa and it was still stressful (maybe because of everyone else being upset).

-Formerly La Belle Isolde-

Trish the Stalker

Alarias

Militant Dabbler

12,900 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:08 am
Sorry to hear this, Kusa sad
Hope things turn out alright *hugs*  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:51 am
Alarias
Sorry to hear this, Kusa sad
Hope things turn out alright *hugs*

Indeed.

Our thoughts are with you and yours, Kusa!

wakusei
Vice Captain

Gambino Fatcat

14,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200
Community Lounge

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers