Reply Spirit Guides, Animals and Angels
Animal Guides

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Silver Sundae

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:31 pm
I've seen them mentioned a couple of times but I still don't understand them. Or rather, don't fully understand what it is everyone is trying to explain.

What are they truly? Does everyone have them? And how would one go about trying to communicate with them?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:13 pm
I suppose Animal Guides really are just spirit guides in animal form, but in most cases are there to help you connect with nature and the elements of life around you. I've noticed that while helping other people connect with their animal guides that a large majority of animal spirits are really just adaptations of your personalities.

For instance I'm a strong person, so my main spirit animal is a tiger. Everyone has an animal guide to help them cope with their fear too. I really dislike dangerous aquatic animals so of course mine was an f-ing crocodile...>_>;  

Animated Beauty
Captain

The Silver Sundae

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:59 am
If that's the case then mine is probably a big lizard. xd  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:31 pm
Mine is a peacock because I love the beauty in all things.  

Count Grotesque

Dapper Smoker

lexipthemudkip

6,200 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:57 pm
One of my animal guides is a tabby cat. Can't say I'm surprised - I adore cats and I love the mystery they exude. heart

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:48 pm
I don't have an animal guide in the traditional sense really.

I'm what is considered otherkin, technically. And I see cats where there can't logically be any due to a connection to a certain goddess.  

TwilightNocturne
Crew

lexipthemudkip

6,200 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:06 pm
TwilightNocturne
I don't have an animal guide in the traditional sense really.

I'm what is considered otherkin, technically. And I see cats where there can't logically be any due to a connection to a certain goddess.

Oooh, how neat! What's your otherkin animal? 4laugh
(Forgive me if I failed to ask that appropriately, as I am not too familiar with otherkin terminology.)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:02 am
I have a partial cat soul due to my connection with the goddess I mentioned up above. 3nodding No need to worry about it, I only recently became aware of the term otherkin to begin with. Before that I just thought I was a weirdo with a partial kitty soul.

By cat, I mean more like a small house cat type. xd It shows itself in a lot of my personality traits, and I have experienced the "phantom limbs" phoenomenon. (Meaning I occasionally feel like I have a tail and kitty ears.)  

TwilightNocturne
Crew

lexipthemudkip

6,200 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:32 pm
Oooh awesome. I love cats! xd I've got one at home and she's such an adorable dork hahaha. All black and floofy and ridiculous. :]

Do you get an idea of what your partial kitty soul looks like, or is it just the feeling that you're part cat? And that must be kinda strange having phantom limb sensations! I've read about amputees with phantom limb pain, but it must've been confusing to get phantom limb sensations for appendages that humans don't normally get. wink

How did you first find out that you were otherkin?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:30 am
My soul actually looks like a small light yellow/orangish striped kitten.(Or it used to anyway.) It's probably grown up a bit since then, as it was a couple years ago, and I've grown a lot spiritually. The kittiness tends to manifest itself in my personality mostly. I'm very playful, and curious about everything. Though sometimes my eyes look more greenish when I feel certain emotions. Like when I'm happy. I honestly don't connect that often into that part of my soul for everyday life. I should do it more. I wonder if anyone would notice.(One of my otherkin friends told me a story about a little girl seeing him for what he is, it was adorable.)

The Phantom limb thing isn't terrbily unpleasant for me. It only kicks in every now and then, it's not a 24/7 feeling. It's not that weird feeling. It makes me want to walk differently everytime I feel it though. Like a smoother, stealthier kind of walk. The only differences I feel are a tail, and like my ears are actually in a different spot than they are.

I found out through my mentor, who was familiar with otherkin and the gods. He and I met on a dorky online forum, and he started teaching me about things I had no idea about.  

TwilightNocturne
Crew

lexipthemudkip

6,200 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:21 pm
Awww so cute!! I always wanted to have an orange kitten when I was a kid, heh. 4laugh

And that's very interesting about the change in eye colour! My eyes also change a bit -- they're normally a blue-ish colour, but when I get really focused on something or my mind is busy, they turn pretty green. My friends have noticed it a few times and thought it was pretty weird, but I thought it was cool. xd

What gods are you referring to, if you don't mind me asking?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:34 pm
I've been curious, How might one find out their animal guide?

Namikikyo

TwilightNocturne
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 5:38 pm
I'd be more than happy to tell you, but we should take it to pm. xd We're a bit off topic. Feel free to pm me if you're still interested.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:29 am
How do I know mine?  

Brinioo

PsychicKid11

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 11:44 am
Animal Guides... Animal Guides give you the attributes you have in your life, they also show your personality. You can talk to them if you want questions. Mine are a Fox and a Frog. And it wasn't that hard to do, you just gotta believe. There is a video on YouTube that helped! Here is the links... This one talks about Animal Guides - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tw_U8eZKLq8&feature=PlayList&p=A43288CC6527AD94&playnext_from=PL&playnext=1&index=25 And this one helps you find them - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3ppUi06y3Y&feature=PlayList&p=A43288CC6527AD94&playnext_from=PL&playnext=1&index=24 Hope this helped! If you have questions, PM and I'll answer them!((:  
Spirit Guides, Animals and Angels

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games