Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Introductions
Are there lots of college students here?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

RQ Apocalypse

6,200 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Survivor 150
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:57 pm
Hello Guild!

I'm Kinziu (Kin-zyoo). I'm a 25 yr old college student from Colorado. I'm new here and new to Gaia... I used to be an avid Neopets player, and still am, but I thought Gaia might be better way to chat and meet people since Neopets is so strict with their rules, you can hardly say ANYTHING without risking getting your account frozen (like banning here).

So, are there many college students here? I'm majoring in Computer Science... I've always loved computers, but I have all this code/math in my head all day at school, and I have a 3-yr old little boy ('nuff said), so I like to unwind with things like this.

Anyway, I'm grateful I could join this guild! I have almost no clue how a lot of things work yet, but I'm learning. See ya around!  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:44 pm
...birds creep over tin roofs, like criminals with tap shoes...

Welcome to the guild Kinizu
We here at the NSTG hope that you will like it here.
If you are wondering about anything you should check out our Resources sub-forum or ask about it in the Questions and Assistance :3

And im 23, and a dropped out college student. redface
Was studying Library and Information Science, fun s**t, untill we came to precision and recall for databases @___@ Eurgh!

I had a neopets once, but i got tired of the cencoring :/
Im swedish, so when i was talking to swedish friends, almost everything got cencored. D:

...stain the glass with windows, extortionate and cold stare...

Tebasile

Moonlight Harvester

Daypaw

Hardened Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:35 am

Welcome. I'm 22, and currently an on-again/off-again college student as time, work, and health permit.

I would LOVE to go into something with computers, but unfortunately, I suck at math :3 So I'm an English major xD

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:32 pm
I'm also in in college as a freshman student -BS Psychology
3nodding

Zariah Khi

Lavish Dabbler

13,050 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100

Life Hath Immortality

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:40 pm
Yup. Gaia is full of 'em. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 10:25 pm
I'm a freshman, and I have no firm idea yet of what I want. Still playing.

How much math are you doing with your CS? Are you programming or what? I'm interested in it, computer science, but my math skills are dismal. I haven't much experience with programming but once I start doing it it would become natural to me I believe. I'm always tinkering with my PC.

GhoulPuppy

SaraDiva728

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:17 pm
I'm 21, in college and majoring in Art (though I want to go into animation). I will be getting my associate degree soon. I started out trying to be a nurse like my mom. It was interesting at first, but it got boring fast. Now I do what I love and love what I do! whee  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:44 pm
I'm a college student! Biology major smile  

KittyKat62

Sharmayne

5,150 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:40 pm
Wow! I didnt think there was that many college students on this either (so far seven is more then I expected)

Im 23 and a sophomore in college majoring in theatre art. Math is my enemy.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:51 pm
Hello everyone! I'm 22 a recent graduate (just graduated in December) with BS in Wildlife Science. I recently joined Gaia and I love itttt! Its so great to meet other college students that enjoy the Gaia community. Hehehe if anyone enjoys RPing id be interested to know if there is a college RP out there (i know ther is a highschool one but idk if there is a college one) it could be funnn. just an idea 3nodding  

sexygiblets

Fieldartman

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:57 pm
I'm in the military, taking college cources online right now. Trying for Associates in General Studies. Been on Gaia almost four years now. ANd I find it very enjoyable.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:59 pm
Sharmayne
Wow! I didnt think there was that many college students on this either (so far seven is more then I expected)

Im 23 and a sophomore in college majoring in theatre art. Math is my enemy.

You ever need help understaning math, thats my favorite subject.  

Fieldartman

☆ Introductions

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff