Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Introductions
Hello And Allow Me to Introduce Myself

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

garion3211

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:10 pm
Good afternoon, ladies and gentleman, I am Chase, otherwise known online as Garion. I am an avid writer, singer, reader, and gamer, and enjoy it quite much. I'm new to Gaia, decided to join because I saw a Gaia Cash Card in a store I was in and spontaneously decided to buy it. (Currently having trouble with it, had to send in a ticket to the admins, they said it's a new bug, of course....) However, I am not new to forums, so this makes me feel quite cozy. Not much else to say about myself because you can't really describe a person accurately through words, but through actions.

Anyways, good day to you all and I hope to talk to you soon.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:47 pm

Welcome welcome :3

What sorts of games do you like? I like puzzle games like Ico and RPG's m'self.

Don't worry about the cash card; it'll be resolved for you. It may just be that it's a new account or lag causing it not to go through properly. I've experienced delay multiple times when using cards.

Daypaw

Hardened Member

garion3211

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:14 am
I'm probably one of the hugest RPG fans you'll ever meet. They all have such wonderful stories, and even the oldest of them have many hours of playable content, so I feel I get the most for my money out of it. I can also find myself enjoying FPS', but puzzle games usually frustrate me. If I need mental taxing a good game of chess is as good as any.

Thank you for the welcome, though, and I do indeed hope (and think) you are right about the cash card.

smile  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:59 am
...birds creep over tin roofs, like criminals with tap shoes...

Welcome to the guild Chase
We here at the NSTG hope that you will like it here.
If you are wondering about anything you should check out our Resources sub-forum or ask about it in the Questions and Assistance :3

Sorry about the rather bad start you had there with the cash card deciding to fail on you. But hopefully everything will work out for you 3nodding

I have never been big on games, i almost only play pokemon now, currently playing ruby on my gba, again... XD
Big reader thou, what kinda stuff do you like to read? :3

...stain the glass with windows, extortionate and cold stare...

Tebasile

Moonlight Harvester

garion3211

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 10:59 am
Thanks for the welcome, I'm sure I'll like it here if everyone is as nice as you guys.
smile

To answer the question, though, I read mainly science fiction and fantasy novels. I loooooove David Eddings, I've read the Belgariad and Mallorean series, along with some other of his random books. (He's who I got my name ((Garion)) from) I really like Cristopher Paolini, the author of the Inheritance saga. (A lot of people accuse him of plagiarism of other great films and novels, but what they are accusing him of is using traditional tropes and themes, such as family betrayal and the offering of the hero of great power, but I'll try not to go into that.) I've started reading the Dragonlance series and I'm enjoying that, and my mom's about to start me on The Vampire Chronicles by Anne Rice. Oh, and George Orwell's 1985 and Aldous Huxley's Brave New World are probably the only two required readings from High School that I've ever really liked. I think that should give you an idea of the kinds of books I read.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 8:29 am
I Hear Thunder

There are good eggs and bad eggs ;D

Ive read a few books by Eddings, and i kinda like him, as you said, his ideas might not be brand new, and he can be repetitive, i like to know that the good will win and that everything will be alight. Read the Paolini books too, thought i recognised your name XD Waiting for the last one now :3
Im not familiar with the Dragonlance, but ive read the Death Gate Cycle by them, and that one i warmly recommend.

And im currently reading the Vampire Chronicles, on the third book now.

Been there done that with Orwell <3
Not read Huxley, maybe something for the waiting list?

My favourite fantasy author is Robin Hobb, just something to check out next time you are at the library. ;D

But Theres No Rain

Tebasile

Moonlight Harvester

garion3211

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 4:52 pm
Tebasile

My favourite fantasy author is Robin Hobb, just something to check out next time you are at the library. ;D

Heh, actually, my dad reads a lot of Hobb. xD That was another series I've been meaning to pick up on, I believe it's the Assassin Series or something like that. Seems we have some common interests in books though.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:30 pm
I Hear Thunder

Yeah, something i seriously recommend.
And if you like that serie, there are a few more, that just keeps getting better. 3nodding

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

But Theres No Rain

Tebasile

Moonlight Harvester

Shelby the Monkeygirl

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:39 am
Welcome to Gaia. biggrin  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:48 pm
nice to meet you. wahmbulance  

Rosenfall

7,050 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Team Edward 100
  • Team Jacob 100