Submit

Thaliat Everwood

Profitable Conversationalist

9,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:32 am
So I sold one of those bundled Animal Quackers things in the market place for 55K gold, not looking to see what others were selling them for first. I thought it was a fair price because most of the prizes aren't that great...not that I'm terribly lucky with them to begin with. I probably would have sold it for a little more but I only got one equipable item I liked. It's only worth 7K, ironically. So I figured I'd be nice an only price it in the 50's even though I'd normally try to run it up to 100K. Anyway it was snapped up in an instant because it turns out it was selling for 500K and up! Not worth it in my opinion, but we all know how the market place can be.

Anyway, the buyer PM's me because she is convinced I mispriced it. I PM her back explaining why I priced it so low and that I wanted to sell for a fair price and not jack it up. She, in the meantime, sets up a trade for me and gives me 400K (which I accepted, I'm not dumb). Then she replies to my PM, still gives me the extra 400K, and says I'm a legend for wanting to price something fairly in the market place. I'm thinking the girl who gave me an extra 400K is more of a legend than I am, although the whole exchange was a bit legendary in terms of the market place.

All I wanted for it was 55K, I would have been very happy with that. Now I'm 455K richer. Go figure. I'm not sure who made out better, her or me. Either way, I'm very happily on my way to my next Gaia million.

Did you know it's actually kind of easy to make a million gold in a week if you play the market place right? I did it, just to buy an art guild, and now I'm going to do it to up the ante in my OC art contest.

DISCUSS:
Market Place strategies
fair pricing vs. inflation
Gaian legends?
getting more than you expected...in a good way (not THAT way, you perv)  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:49 am
Wow...that's really nice of both of you surprised
I love happy stories about people being just...well...nice lol

As for playing the market, I've never been too good at it. Way too impatient. But, good luck on getting more millions biggrin  

Alarias

Militant Dabbler

12,900 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Elcia

Barton Elder

21,250 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Friendly Flashback 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:47 am
Wow that was a really neat experience! You were quite lucky.

If you have the time to stalk the aquarium threads where people's tanks are full of high drop fish you can make quite a bit in a week too.
I don't have the patience or mind for turning profits in the market myself.
I did make a killing back in the spring with the easter event items though, I didn't want them and sold them early.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:00 am
Honest people of both kinds, you and his other person, are very rare when it comes to the marketplace. It's cool that that entire thing happened.

As for making gold in the MP. Yes it's easy. GTR made half a billion gold in about 6 months. playing the buying selling game. I however suck!  

God-Raped-Me

Thaliat Everwood

9,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:14 am
eek I...I wanna make half a billion! Hell, I wanna make a billion! GTR and Gambino are my new heros. xd  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:12 am
i just buy evolving items when there relatively cheap and sell them after they finish evolving....

but the only problem is sometimes you get a dud one that no one wants...  

Agent_of_Misfortune

Thaliat Everwood

9,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:11 pm
Yeah...it's funny, I didn't care much for the majority of the prizes in this one, but it seems popular enough to sell for loads of gold. Buy low, sell high!  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:20 pm
GTR was shocked, and says "Why thank you!"

I need to try and figure out how I can start making money on 48K. Not much comes out for less anymore. It's sad inflation over the last few years had made 50K now the same as 5K 4 years ago. emo  

God-Raped-Me

Thaliat Everwood

9,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:57 pm
Yeah, the inflation rate is ridiculous. If you can do art or banners a mini shop can at least help you get started, I guess. Or get a $10 cash card if you have them available near you, buy a bundled item and get "rich" quicker on the resale.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 7:06 am
Thaliat Everwood
Yeah, the inflation rate is ridiculous. If you can do art or banners a mini shop can at least help you get started, I guess. Or get a $10 cash card if you have them available near you, buy a bundled item and get "rich" quicker on the resale.

if it weren't for things being soulbound for 7 days after purchase.  

Shram

4,000 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250

Koneko Midoria

7,200 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 7:12 am
Shram
Thaliat Everwood

if it weren't for things being soulbound for 7 days after purchase.

My first cash card / paypal was a soulbound for 7 days, but after the first they aren't anymore. I just typed in my $25 gift card and sold away all the things I won on the bundle(s), which I got lucky in what I got. So I guess it depends on what way you buy your items whether it be paypal, cash card, what not. Yet, pretty sure, after the first one goes through one both they stop soulbounding the items for a select period of time because they know you'll pay them.

At least from my experience.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 7:18 am
I'm too pissed at gaia to give them any of my money, Ever. I'm far too lazy to actually sit down and work on a banner too. I tried for a while and when I realized it took me a week to do something that would take me an hour I figured I shouldn't do it.

Also being soulbound for a week after you buy something is bullshit too!  

God-Raped-Me

Community Lounge

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff