Welcome to Gaia! ::

∞ Life Dust ∞

Back to Guilds

The location of Dust journals, RPs, some events and quests. 

Tags: Life Dust, Fantasy, Roleplay, Aimes, Events 

Reply Roleplaying
[PRP] Afternoon at the Museum [COMPLETE]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

tepidtea

Nerd

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:24 pm
The weather was dreary and cold, nothing welcoming about the outdoors of any sorts. It seemed like snow was threatening to drench the earth any time soon much to the collective residents of the city. With winter upon them it was a little surprising that there wasn’t snow on the ground already. However the nice thing about it was how quiet it was, there was no hustle and bustle outside ones window every day to annoy the hell out of you. Like now for instance; Ashton was sprawled out across his bed, staring at the ceiling quietly. He was letting his thoughts rattle around his head as he listened to the old creaking’s of his house. The whole scenario was relaxing, not a thing bothered him as he absorbed the tranquil moment.

”ASHTON!!!” Came the loud call of an excitable voice, the thundering of footsteps hurrying up the old wooden stairs accompanying the symphony of racket.

It was funny how fast the silence disappeared with an energetic teenager living in the household. Perhaps this was how his mother felt when he was in his early teens. Karma was a b***h that way.

”Whaaaat…” Ashton drawled, propping himself up on his elbows with storm blue hues looking a little ticked.

The teenaged dust clamored into the room, his wild yellow and black hair swinging behind him. Gray hues were wide with excitement, his hands holding the frame of the door way as he leaned forward. “Ashton, there’s this cool exhibit at the museum I wand to see! Lets go!” Ziya beamed at him, looking a lot less like a teen and more like a child he had been once. “Its this whole Evolution of Mechanics! I have to see it while its still being featured!”

”Ugh, you’re a teenager, go on your own I don’t like museums…”
he groaned and flopped back down onto his bed. It wasn’t that he didn’t like museums, in all honesty he really didn’t mind them but today, he hated them. He would hate pretty much anything that came his way right now.

”Do you know how boring that would be? Please Ashton! I’ll even get you a coffee on the way!” Ziya let go of the doorframe and let his body stumble forward till he flopped onto the bed. “We haven’t done anything together in ages! Please pelase?”

Oh the perils of being a guardian, being an easy push over didn’t help his case either. That was how he found himself in front of the museum, bundled up from the cold. Holding a take away cup of coffee, stormy blue hues looked over at the teen, who seemed raring to go inside. “Lets get this over with hrmm?” Ashton grumbled as he walked up the icy looking steps.

”It’ll fun! Just you wait and see!”
Ziya beamed as he hurried up the steps, his hair dancing behind him as he passed Ashton with his eager pace. Passing through the doors, Ashton idly grabbed a map and a guide to see what could possibly strike his interest despite his foul mood.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:56 pm
Jarett, up grounds again today. We're short on hands as it is and you've got nothing better to do.

The boss had been rather insistent.

All you've been doing is staring at that bottle anyway, so stare it while you're upstairs answering questions.

Very, very.

Speaking of questions. . . .

Not to mention nosy.

After being peppered with useless questions and sent upstairs with only his sunglasses and a small pamphlet telling him what he'd be discussing with people today, Jarett found himself standing the massive expanse that rose before where the exhibits were contained. There was one that was leaving soon so quite a few people where in to see it and as Jarett adjusted his sunglasses he sighed and read over what he needed to know.

It wasn't as if he really needed a refresher, he'd been one of the several who had spent late nights setting things into place, but it made him look less like one of the employees and more like a visitor. It wasn't a hard stretch by any means to do as he looked out of place to be working, his clothing not the same style many of the others wore thanks to where he often was, and the bottle under his arm made him feel like people could see him as unprofessional.

Good, he didn't have an accent planned for today anyway.

His footsteps carried him out and in front of one of the displays, covered eyes idly glancing up, and he sighed audibly as his mouth opened to speak the lines that had been grained into his head over the topic before him. It didn't matter that no one else was around, perhaps he was just talking to the bottle. He did enough of it at the house, anyway.

"This piece dates back . . . ."

Rown

Friendly Hunter

tepidtea

Nerd

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:41 pm
Walking towards the exhibits, Ashton heaved a sigh as he trailed behind Ziya, who seemed to be quite captivated. “Ziya just make sure you don’t touch anything okay? Last thing we need it for you to make a scene by electrically charging something,” Ashton rolled his eyes a little.

”I know I know! You’re not supposed to touch anything in a museum anyways!” Ziya pouted a little and walked in and started towards the first exhibit. Looking at the pamphlet he grabbed on his way in, he looked around at everything, his eyes wide. Walking up to a rather large one, Ziya looked over to his left to see a man with sunglasses on. Blinking owlishly, he faintly wondered why he was wearing sunglasses indoors. Plus it wasn’t summer, it was bound to snow any second now! Also he was talking to himself, the only other person he knew to do that was… well Ashton. Though as he looked at the man he noticed something under his arm. It was …

”A bottle?” he murmured out loud, looking at the man still.

”Don’t stare!” Ashton hissed a whisper, flicking the teen mercilessly in the back of the head.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:35 pm
Jarett looked up and over from the exhibit, head swinging in the direction of the voices, as the word 'bottle' hailed his ears. A frown was already set over his lips, the default expression of the day it seemed, and for a moment or two it looked as though he was confused in his effort to find the speaker of the word. It was only when his eyes fell upon the two strange young men, one looking normal and the other sporting a visage the likes that Jarett had never seen, that his brain registered that they may have been the ones to make said comments.

". . . . "

Almost instinctively his arm moved a bit tighter around the bottle he held, though the object itself seemed to have other ideas. When Jarett shifted the bottle rubbed against the fabric of his clothing and slipped from his grasp, clattering to the floor with a loud clank that did in any way resemble the sound glass should make when contacting with things. It didn't roll away from the man's side, or towards the odd duo, instead it merely lay where it fell and seemed content to do so.

You know, if bottles had any form of sentience.

"Is there something I can help you gentlemen with today?"

Jarett would have bent down to scoop the bottle into his hands but decided against it, figuring he'd grab it back when these two departed. It's not like the glorified paperweight would be rolling anywhere any time soon, so the blasted thing could just stay where it was.

Rown

Friendly Hunter

tepidtea

Nerd

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:30 pm
Ziya blinked when the bottle clattered against the ground, feeling a surge of energy for a moment. A single eyebrow rose for a moment, as he knew that energy feel anywhere. That bottle was a dust bottle; it had to be. The bottle had to be in a very early stage since there wasn’t that much energy coming from it. Each dust gave off an energy charge to him, depending what the dusts abilities were depended on the reaction.

”You shouldn’t leave it on the floor like that…” Ziya pointed to the bottle, ignoring the others question completely. “It probably won’t like it….” He said softly, probably sounding crazy. But really, who liked being left on the floor forgotten?

Ashton was tempted to smack himself in the forehead for Ziya’s words; he’d probably freak the guy out completely about referring to the bottle as something with feelings. However he noticed it was a bottle quite like Ziya’s had once been, wow it was weird how these types of things just followed them.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:43 am
"I don't believe a bottle can have like and dislikes, but very well. It does look out of place here on the floor, and I have garnered a few more stares then just the two of you."

With a fluid motion Jarett bent down and retrieved the bottle back into his hands, a slight frown on his face as part of his brain wondered over the mass this bottle had. It seemed heavier than before, were it possible, and Jarett did his best to pass it all off in his mind that he was tired and things were not what they normally seemed. Besides, despite what this character was saying and all, this was still just a bottle.

One that liked to hit him on the head, or fall to the ground with often loud results.

"Again though, may I ask if there is anything I can do for you? I am an employee of the Museum, and have been instructed to assist anyone in any form."

The man idly motioned towards the display he'd been looking at before, one of the smaller ones, and as he turned the bottle once again tried to wriggle itself free. Maybe it was how he shifted his hands when he turned that allowed the seemingly lifeless bottle to move like it had, but this time instead of clattering to the floor it dropped straight down and onto Jarett's foot. Revenge, perhaps?

" . . . . and as you can see from this, this is the reason why I wanted to leave the blasted thing on the floor."

Rown

Friendly Hunter

tepidtea

Nerd

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:22 pm
Ashton couldn’t help but grin a little at the museum workers response to Ziya, biting the inside of his cheek as so he wouldn’t laugh. “Oh believe me… you have no idea….” Ashton murmured a little, mostly to himself. When Ziya was a bottle it wasn’t uncommon for him to get little shocks or see little sparks come from the bottle. It comes to a point that it’s hard to ignore the idea that the bottles have no feelings or a mind of their own, as it was quite the opposite.

Ziya blinked when the other man spoke and tried not to laugh a little when the bottle wriggled out of the mans arms and to the floor. The lightening dust couldn’t help but wonder what sort of bottle it was to be able to move like that. When he was a bottle, he had no motor skills what so ever. Though he could create shocks and sparks, not to mention he could flash brightly and go dim.

“May I?” Ziya asked as he made a motion to pick up the bottle gently. Perhaps if he gave it a friendly greeting it would calm down for the man. “Does it do things like this often?”  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:59 am
"Do as you please."

Jarett's voice was full of pain, his foot throbbing from where the bottle impacted. He wasn't sure by now if this was the bottle's way of getting his attention, where it possible for it to think, but it never seemed to fail to do so when the event occurred. Just how and why could a bottle be so...abusive? It really was as though it could think for itself and had chosen to smack him around.

"As for how it does things, yes quite often. I put it on shelves only to have it fall over and attack me - I can't tell you how many times I've been hit on the head. The human skull can only take so much damage before it will crack."

Jarett did have several goose eggs on his skull, one of which sat right on his forehead and was still in the process of healing. He's forgotten about it until just then, his body politely reminding him with a sting that the bruise was still there.

"I am starting to believe it may be something more than just an ordinary bottle."

Rown

Friendly Hunter

tepidtea

Nerd

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:17 pm
"Attacks you huh?" Ashton said softly, hanging back a little as Ziya talked to the man. He watched as Ziya crouched down in front of the bottle, as if sizing it up a little. The teen always had a knack for this kind of thing, finding and getting along with other dusts. he'd yet to find one who didn't like him. Though Ashton was sure there were loads more dust out there he had yet to meet.

"You'll be surprised how there is nothing ordinary about this bottle.... not one thing is normal one could say..." Ziya said with a grin, looking at the bottle from his crouched position. he laid a hand over it, the warm electric energy that always surrounded the teen. Now what exactly are you....? The lightening teen mused softly as he stared at the bottle before attempting to pick it up.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:07 pm
If Ziya did indeed attempt, the little bottle refused to be lifted easily at first. It wasn't as though the teenager wouldn't be able to pick it up, but he may have felt like there was something keeping the object on the ground. Still, it came willfully into his hands were it sat in all its monochrome glory.

"I would like to think that a bottle doesn't have a form of sentience, and that everything is because I am careless in where I place it. I should probably think to place it on the ground as a doorstop, though with my current streak of luck I may find myself with jammed toes in addition to bruises on my head and shoulders."

Jarett looked over at the interaction between teen and bottle, wondering just what all the cryptic phrase the youth had said meant. Perhaps he could get him to explain more.

"Oh, pardon me for my rudeness. My name is Jarett Brennan, I'm a curator here at the museum, and you gentlemen are?""

Rown

Friendly Hunter

tepidtea

Nerd

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:31 pm
Ziya indeed picked up the bottle, a little surprised with its weight. Perhaps that was the key to the little bottle, a little or more heavy hint on what it could very well be. Looking up to what the other man had said, a little knowing smile reached his lips. So this little bottle was mobile on its own, how interesting. The teen stood shortly after picking up the bottle, his gray hues taking it in carefully.

"I don't think it has anything to do with luck..." Ziya replied and looked at the bottle again. The natural static of his skin crackled a little around the bottle, nothing that could cause any sort of pain of course if the bottle could feel int he first place.

"I'm Ashton and that is Ziya, I'm his guardian of sorts I guess..." Ashton smiled a little.

"Nice to meet you Jarett" Ziya added, keeping his eyes on the bottle.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:46 pm
"If you wouldn't mind explaining, what do you mean by your phrasing? I must admit I'm a bit confused, since I don't have any idea as to what this thing is. I merely found it by chance while going through some artifacts, and since then it had always been at my side."

For better or worse he thought bitterly.

Jarett didn't want to think there could be something more to all of this, though the strange feeling that teenager was giving off seemed to be affecting him more than it did the bottle - the little object in question still motionless as bottles are apt to be.

"I've met someone before who spoke just as oddly, but I was unable to get a definite answer."

Rown

Friendly Hunter

tepidtea

Nerd

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:39 pm
Running his slender long fingers over the smooth glass, the wild haired teen just grinned quietly to himself. Gray hues peeked at the other man through a fringe of yellow and black hair. As much as he wanted to give the other a warning of sorts, he knew it was best to keep it to himself. That would ruin the surprise now wouldn't it. But dropping a hint or two couldn't hurt.

“All I can say is.... don't judge a book by its cover or in this case... a bottle,” Ziya smiled a little and turned the bottle over in his hands gently again. “Though can I make a suggestion?” He looked at the other adult with a playful look in his eyes. Extending his hand out to him with the bottle in it, he handed it back gently. “Keep a close eye on it.... it seems leaving it unattended could cause... havoc, more so then it does already”

Ashton wordlessly watched the exchange, wondering what had gotten into Ziya. He usually wasn't this cryptic; normally a bubbly blabber mouth was more the teens style. Sighing softly, the world worn male didn't want to over stay t heir welcome and figured now would be a good time to head for home. He wasn't sure what could follow after this conversation and he didn't want to cause a scene of any sorts.

“ It was nice to meet you Jarett, but we should probably head home before the snow starts” He forced a smile to his face. He felt and seemed more awkward then he intended but their conversation was heading towards one they probably shouldn't trek too far down.

Giving the curator a final wave, the two bee lined to the entrance and exited out into the frozen city. The older of t he two looked at the younger and frowned deeply.

”What they hell were you thinking?” Ashton grumbled as he jammed his hands into his pockets. He shivered as the wind blew against his skinny frame, his cheeks pinking instantly from the biting cold. The teen drew his gloves from his pocket and gave his guardian a somber smile.

“I don't know....” Ziya mumbled and headed towards home.  
Roleplaying

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games