Tags: friendship, events, hangout, literate, chatting 

Reply Community Lounge
Growing up in the 90's Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sing a song, any song!
  Gallavanting, shake, shake, Shake! Gallavanting, yeah, yeah, yeah!
  What's little on top and big in the middle and pink all over? Serendipity, the pink dinosaur!
  Samurai pizza cats! They're stamping out crime and you know that ain't bologna
View Results

~DR.MOOFASA~

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:16 pm
Erverain
Trish the Stalker
Or the Mario Bros. TV show?

-Formerly La Belle Isolde-

Hey Paizanos, it's time for the Super Mario Super Show.
Do the Mario!

...*SQUEEEEE!*

alsoalsoalso..."are you afraid of the dark" anyone? or monster rancher ^^ OR! freaky stories, or BLOSSOM! or the pink panther cartoons =D
by the way, Tusyo, i absolutely loved angry beavers... so full of SPOOTEY-NESS. xD
and does anyone remember a show called "ghost writers"? i used to LOVE that show, but nobody seems to know what i'm on about over here. neutral

(for the record, i am an avid ninja turtles fan. old TV episodes, new ones, all three of the old movies, computer games... yep.)

....oh godz... i miss my plaid flannel shirts with sweater sleeves and hoods... and my obnoxious neon socks. and the days of scrunchies. crying  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:28 pm
I forgot about Blossom! Oh my god!

I will still wear scrunchies.... emo  

God-Raped-Me

sth the relinquished

Elder

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:40 pm
Thinking about these shows we all used to watch makes me chuckle. I for one, was a big fan of carebears, at least until I realized it wasn't cool. I remember renting those super mario movies, though. So nerdy and sad in retrospect, but you had to be there to properly understand. Kids today with your youtube have no respect for those of us from the 90's. It wasn't like it was last century, people.

OR was it?  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:23 pm
Okay firstly I had to look up a list of cartoons to remember them all and now I'm overwhelmed by how many I have seen and also feel old because I apparently watched a lot of 80's shows that must have been on reruns or something...
See the endless list you might remember some more that way too.

The World of David the Gnome
The Berenstain Bears
The Care Bears
Gummi Bears
Thundercats
Dennis the Menace
My Little Pony
Grimm's Fairy Tale Classics
DuckTales
Fraggle Rock
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Garfield and Friends
The New Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
A Pup Named Scooby-Doo
Babar
Beetlejuice
Chip 'n Dale Rescue Rangers
And one of the Captain Planet series
______That was all the 80s folks________

______These are the 90's__________

What-a-Mess
Bobby's World
TaleSpin
Rupert
Darkwing Duck
Doug
The Little Mermaid
The Magic School Bus
Aladdin: The Series
Gargoyles
PB&J Otter

There are a few more that I didn't like enough to mention here and that's not even all that existed or non-animated. I liked:
Fairy Tale theater
Bill Nye
Amazing Animals
Mr. Rogers
Wishbone
Reading Rainbow ( but it might be because I'd seen him in my dad's Star Treks)
And I loved Lamb chops' play along, even have a puppet of her

Elcia

Barton Elder

21,250 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Friendly Flashback 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

sth the relinquished

Elder

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:39 am
Alot of those started in the 80s, and continued through the 90s, though, or were revived. Like the Winnie the Pooh, Scooby Doo, and Carebears. And, OMG, Thundercats.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:29 pm
Sailor Aquatica
anybody used to watch David the Gnome and Eureka's castle on Nick those shows were awesome

I was hoping someone would mention these! Tooootally watched those!

~DR.MOOFASA~

and does anyone remember a show called "ghost writers"? i used to LOVE that show, but nobody seems to know what i'm on about over here. neutral

(for the record, i am an avid ninja turtles fan. old TV episodes, new ones, all three of the old movies, computer games... yep.)

I loved Ghost Writers. Was my favorite show for a while. For some reason I had an obsession with Gabby.

Also: the old ninja turtles rocked. I definitely still watch the original movies from time to time (mostly the first one, I'll admit; not as keen on the other two).

Anyway...SHOWS (and I know I'll be repeating a bunch)!

Well...those mentioned above, of course; Littlest Pet Shop; the Snorkels; Garfield & Friends; the Hanna Barbera line up (fronted by Yogi Bear); Aladdin (actually remember when this first came out! I was soooo excited, since I was going through an obsession with the movie); Stick Stickley!!!; Weinerville; Roundhouse (aka the cooler, grittier, urban version of All That); Double Dare; What Would You Do; Welcome Freshmen; Salute Your Shorts; Wild n Crazy Kids; Nickelodeon Arcade; THE MOTHERF'IN X-FILES BIZNITCH; County Brisco Junior (Bruce Campbell? Can't go wrong!); Sliders; M.A.N.T.I.S; Unsolved Mysteries; Earth 2 (hahahahaha yes, I watched that with my dad); Tailspin; Duck Tales; Gummi Bears; Captain Planet; Power Rangers (had suuuuch a crush on Tommy :-p )...

Can't think of anymore at the moment.  

anyastar

TaijimaNarumi

Bashful Loiterer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:48 am
User Image

I missed the cartoons of the 90's and early 2000's. The shows everyone's listed were/are great. Two shows that pop's into my mind at the moment, that I loved. Were Animanics (Pinky And The Brain <3) and Rocko's Modern Life.

♫♪♫Wake Me Up Before You Go Go-Wham!♪♫♪

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

User Image  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:52 am
Elcia
Okay firstly I had to look up a list of cartoons to remember them all and now I'm overwhelmed by how many I have seen and also feel old because I apparently watched a lot of 80's shows that must have been on reruns or something...
See the endless list you might remember some more that way too.

The World of David the Gnome
The Berenstain Bears
The Care Bears
Gummi Bears
Thundercats
Dennis the Menace
My Little Pony
Grimm's Fairy Tale Classics
DuckTales
Fraggle Rock
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Garfield and Friends
The New Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
A Pup Named Scooby-Doo
Babar
Beetlejuice
Chip 'n Dale Rescue Rangers
And one of the Captain Planet series
______That was all the 80s folks________

______These are the 90's__________

What-a-Mess
Bobby's World
TaleSpin
Rupert
Darkwing Duck
Doug
The Little Mermaid
The Magic School Bus
Aladdin: The Series
Gargoyles
PB&J Otter

There are a few more that I didn't like enough to mention here and that's not even all that existed or non-animated. I liked:
Fairy Tale theater
Bill Nye
Amazing Animals
Mr. Rogers
Wishbone
Reading Rainbow ( but it might be because I'd seen him in my dad's Star Treks)
And I loved Lamb chops' play along, even have a puppet of her

User Image

Awesome list! I still love Fraggle Rock, I even have a Boober plushie. <3 I want to buy the dvds. I'm huge Henson fan.

♫♪♫Shout-Tears For Fears♪♫♪

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

User Image  

TaijimaNarumi

Bashful Loiterer

Elcia

Barton Elder

21,250 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Friendly Flashback 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:14 pm
TaijimaNarumi

Awesome list! I still love Fraggle Rock, I even have a Boober plushie. <3 I want to buy the dvds. I'm huge Henson fan.

I have one too XD * hides her box set and whistles*

blaugh

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:56 pm
Taijima, please try NOT to double post. There is no need to double post as there is an edit button.

On topic... I tried watching Fraggle Rock recently, it was much better as a kid! You watch it now and it's like "I thought this was a much more interesting show....".  

God-Raped-Me

Miss-dark8607

Dangerous Visionary

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:15 pm
Erverain
Trish the Stalker
Or the Mario Bros. TV show?

-Formerly La Belle Isolde-

Hey Paizanos, it's time for the Super Mario Super Show.
Do the Mario!

This made me have a geek out moment. I don't want to post all the shows, songs, and fashion that I had. It will make me cry and feel super old. crying

Oh do you guys know that Mighty Morphing Power Rangers are back and in HD! It comes on ABC kids at 11am I think and THEY ARE CALLING IT BRAND NEW!

I got rage face about it.  
Community Lounge

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces