Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "CDCECI" Center for the Display of Creative Endeavors by Creative Individuals~!
My Story: Anleihen (name pending) what do you think?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

what do you think?
  Good
  Baaaaaad
  Awesome!
  I can't even begin to describe how horrid that was....
View Results

Yuuki Aoyagi

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 7:57 pm
I just wrote this, it's, needless to say, a rough draft....a very rough, rough draft...=P
anyway, tell me what you think!

Anleihen
By: Yuuki Aoyagi

"It was quite possibly the brightest room in Japan, 32 lamps, and a ceiling light with its’ cover taken off, the room was so bright, you could probably see better in the dark.
There was a single person in the room -a woman of about 25- in the middle, with a blanket wrapped around her, covering her eyes so she wouldn’t see.
But the blanket made no difference, Her eyes were closed, afraid to see what she knew wasn't there.

“it's here, it's here, it's here, it's here” the young woman repeated the words over and over again, clinging to her blanket.
"he's here..." she began to sob.
For all the light she had, she couldn’t seem to keep away the darkness. but then, this kind of darkness had nothing to do with light bulbs…
“it’s not too late” the woman said aloud to no one, sounding more calm than she felt “we can still stop it, we can still make it right!” but for all the courage it had taken to do what she had done, it would take 1000 times more to Un-do it, and she was the only one in the world who could.

She got up and opened the door, slowly making her way outside into the hallway, not bothering to put on shoes or get dressed. She looked left, than right, no one. the woman breathed a sigh of relief “it’s not here, I’m safe…we’re safe” she took one step, two, still nothing, then began to relax, it had only been 12 hours, surely she was being paranoid?, surely they wouldn’t know yet?
She started forward, walking fast, purposefully, “to hell with danger” she thought, "I have a mission, and it no longer matters if I die, After all, what’s one life to an entire world? why should I be allowed to live and others not?" though she wasn't feeling nearly so noble.
the woman walked out of her apartment and started running, “hurry, hurry, got to hurry before it’s too late” She would simply make her way there, set the timer, and go on a long vacation, maybe to America to see her sister? She would have preferred to stay in her room with the light, but she was too old to be scared of the dark, and this was no longer just about her, and anyway, This was Tokyo, what kind of demons could possibly be lurking?
She was about to find out.
The woman stopped in front of an old warehouse, one that was looking for all the world like a crappy tool shed.
she walked up to the door, and tried opening it, locked, but that didn’t matter. She was going to get in either way, nothing could stop her now. the woman climbed through the window -which was, thankfully, unlocked- and rested her feet on the floor.
She would have liked to Breath a sigh of relief, but she was only more nervous now that she was inside, and she didn’t dare breath. What she was standing in was certainly not a tool shed, to an amateur it would look like a space station control room, to anyone who knew anything about computers, it would look like one of the most advanced computer labs in the world; which was what it was, a computer lab, filled with the newest model computers, The “M 14”, something that wasn’t going to be released to the public for another 7 years. When the equipment had first arrived, she had admired it, longed to have one of her own, but now it wasn't so pretty, just an ugly reminder of what she had done, of what she was about to do. “if I ever get this chance again” she thought “I’ll just stick with my IMac” She went over to one of the computers -the biggest- and set to work. “it isn’t too late” she thought, “all I have to do is destroy the program, and everything will be okay” she thought of simply deleting the contents and going on her way, but she couldn't afford to be taking any chances. no, if they wanted this program, they’d have to drag it back from the depths of hell...if only that were true. she set the timer to go off in 5.00 minutes, her hand hovered over the key board, “of course this is the right thing to do” she thought “but it is still such a shame, years of work, all to waste" the pressed the button before she could regret what she was doing, then, with one last backward glance, she ran like hell.
Did she have time to make it back? Maybe she should have set the timer for a little longer? No, it was too late now, if she died, she would take it was a punishment for what she’d done.
With thoughts of death creeping up on her, she unconsciously increased her pace. She made it back to the streets of Shinjuku and checked her watch –she set it to count down with the bomb- 0.07 seconds, just in time. Everything would be alright, she was going to make it, she let out a sigh of relief and started to cry, too early, as it happened.
She heard a gun shot and looked around, no one was hurt, but it sounded really close…she started to move forward to investigate, then stopped, there was a sharp pain in her chest, She looked down. Blood.
What happened? Was that her blood? surely not, but whose was it? She turned around in time to see a man in a gray suit, holding a gun to her. She looked at him as if she didn’t know what he was, as if she couldn’t possibly fathom what could bring this man to the alleys of Shinjuku, with a gun, for that matter. then she collapsed, suddenly exhausted. for all her plans to travel, for everything she was worth: her family, her fortune, she suddenly just didn’t care, she just wanted to rest, to forget everything and be at peace. she looked up one last time to see the stars: beautiful, “if I were to be reborn” she thought “I would be an astronaut...” that was her last thought, and by far the most pleasant thought she’d had in 10 years. Mary Suzanna died smiling.
"BOOM"
if anyone had heard the gunshot, it was quickly forgotten with the explosion, everyone’s attention was focused on the giant ball of flame in front of them, there was a sense of awe, no one moved, no one spoke, even the wind, it seemed, felt the need to hold it’s breath, for this sight, was truly breathtaking.
but, all good things must come to an end, the beautiful moment when every soul within 30 miles was connected ended as abruptly and it began, Panic took it's place, and it seemed, the dangerous beauty was all but forgotten.
The news headline for Tomorrow would be about a Terrorist group bombing some warehouses right outside Shinjuku, it would go on to explain how people had seen a foreign woman, barely dressed, barefoot, running away from the scene of the crime, indeed, very suspicious.
but as far as the inspector was concerned, the two cases had nothing to do with each other, after all, what could a woman running around in her Pajamas possibly have to do with a terrorist bombing?, there were plenty of weirdoes’ in Shinjuku, to Inspector Shinji, this woman was just another one of them.
It wouldn’t be another week until she was reported missing, another month until her family was notified, and even then, her funeral wouldn't be for at least another year.
They would never find her body.
but then, that was to be expected, the man with the gray suit was the best, a professional killer, an assassin.
Killing was in his blood, in his very bones!, it's what he did best.
He loved the feel of power he got when he made a kill, the weight of his Walther P-38 in his hand, the look of a lifeless body lying sprawled out before him, and the warmth of fresh blood, -this was the only kind of warmth this man could handle- but killing was only half the fun for him, Hiding the body?, now that was what he truly enjoyed, that was where the real art was, That was when he could get creative….and Alexander Vladimir always got creative

Perhaps, if Mary Suzanna hadn't been so panicked, she would have taken her time?, and if she had taken her time, surely, she would have noticed the computer beside her?, she would had known that she hadn't been the only one in the lab that night, she would have seen that a copy of the program had in fact been made, and maybe, she could have done something about it?...
but she was panicked, she hadn't taken her time, and she certainly hadn't noticed the other computer.
The Horror Mary created should have ended with her, should have been blown up with the explosion, by all accounts, every trace of it should have died with her.
But it didn't, Mary Suzanna was dead, and the mysterious horror she'd created was very much alive, and in the hands of a man who had no idea what he held.
Alexander Vladimir had done his job, all he had to do was deliver some copy, and he would be on his way home, 3 million dollars richer.
Still, it was a shame, he thought, that such a beautiful woman had to die. such a beautiful woman deserved a beautiful death, and Alexander would make sure she got just that.
it was a pity the man who hired him didn't enjoy his work, but who else but he himself could truly appreciate such a wonderful thing?, such beauty he'd created. "your lucky" he said "that it was i who killed you, and not that monster"
That Alexander Vladimir could think that anyone was worse then himself, and be right, was thought impossible...if only it were...
for Alexander, it was not in his nature to be so considerate, still, for the sake of the world, he'd hoped he was wrong about that man, that he was actually just your regular sick psycho, it seemed unlikely...but he still hoped he was wrong...
He was never wrong."  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 8:49 pm
It's good. I like it. There's a lot of grammerical (Sp??) errors, but then again, this is a rough draft. You should also probably take a look at the wording of your sentences. The only other thing I can think of to improve on is the fact your names are a little cliche'd: Mary Suzanna and Alexander Vladimir. x]]

Elastic Yellow

"CDCECI" Center for the Display of Creative Endeavors by Creative Individuals~!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games