I will find you... on Gaia! :D 

Tags: friendship, events, hangout, literate, chatting 

Reply Community Lounge
Affirmations and How They Work

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

How do you feel about yourself (do not lie to yourself)?
  I can't stand being me!
  I'm okay with me, but could use some improvements
  I'm useless
  I am beautiful and perfect the way I am
View Results

Self_Affirm

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:24 pm
I'm just wondering if anyone has heard of Louise Hay? She is one of the most amazing women I have ever heard of in my life. She has actually helped me change my life with her program. I am not entitled to teach her program, but I would like to discuss it with people who are new to her. Maybe explain what I have done to change my life, which would include some of the affirmations I say everyday and the new ones I am adding.
User Image

User Image
What is an affirmation?

~Affirmations are statements that you continuously say over and over to yourself and then, with the repitition, they become reality.

Examples include:
User Image

User Image

User Image
What I have done to better my world is say these affirmations and many more to myself in the mirror. Louise Hay teaches that, when you can tell yourself that you love yourself and that you are worth living, then your whole life can change. It is a known fact that almost every human being does not love themself in one way or another. It is a hard thing to learn when we have been criticized by our family and friends all of our lives. The bottom line is, no matter how big your thighs are or how long your nose is or how untalented you may think you are (which are my biggest issues), you are a beautiful force not to be reconed with. No one is like you or will see the world like you do and no one ever will. I am still learning this, and it is a slow, almost painful, process.
The first time I tried the mirror work, I laughed straight at my face. I was thinking, "What the heck! This is the dumbest thing I have ever done! I am not beautiful..." The second time was a little easier. Finally, I got to the point where I was able to say, "Uh, huh, this sounds about right."
User Image
There are affirmations for everything from self-esteem to healing cancer. Have you ever heard of someone getting rid of their cancer by just changing the way they thought to a belief that they could get through it? Louise Hay actually did just that. Anything is possible, if only we believe.

User Image

This post is generally for people to post their affirmations and everyday experiences if they want to improve their self-esteem, self-love and life.
Please do not bump my thread.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:00 pm
Holy ******** you triple posted!

Can't you put it all in the first thread?  

God-Raped-Me

Self_Affirm

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:57 am
God-Raped-Me
Holy ******** you triple posted!

Can't you put it all in the first thread?

Well, actually, I was just bored. I didn't know it was required to use one post. Is there something wrong with what I did? And btw, that really didn't have all that much to do with my thread but thank you for responding. ^.^  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:26 pm
It will erk some people here seeing someone post after themselves continuously. What you could to is title the posts as you would in say a charity thread.

as for the topic. I don't believe in Affirming things. I would rather live each day and see what it brings including how I feel about me and the things I do.  

God-Raped-Me

Self_Affirm

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:38 pm
Thank you ^.^ I appreciate your opinion. I accept that everyone has a different opinion. I will check out the charity threads because I am new to gaia, and I suppose I shall fix the posts as well. I just wanted to share my beliefs. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 2:13 pm
Well, I can't say I chant little affirmations every day like you seem to suggest, Self. But I do occassionally write down little self-promises, mantras, etc. I scribble them onto my hand or bits of paper when I feel I'm thinking straight, so that in moments of desperation or confusion, I can easily remind myself of a thread of thoughts that once lead me to happiness.  

Slim95
Crew

Community Lounge

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces