• Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:52 pm
Bass20XX
SirRandolph
Bass20XX
SirRandolph
Bass20XX
Okay, 2 things.

1) Triple posting. No. Stop it now. There's an edit button for a reason. use it.

2) Do not EVER attack someone for their opinion. Insinuating that someone was dropped on their head as a child is pretty ******** rude, no matter how you mean it, so cut that s**t out right now.

"You sopit" I think you are taking this a little too seriously. It was meant for a laugh. So, Take off eh? I am inclined to personally attack you, but I won't, because I have never made fun of a person with down syndrome, because "that is pretty ******** rude". Now that is rude. As far as the edit button goes that is simply symantics, don't be a b***h. It is not as if it is my fault the "Death Star" blew up, from forgeting to cover up a three meter hole.

No, the edit button thing is actually part of the guild rules. Y'know, not spamming and all that.

I didn't personally attack you, so don't pull that strawman out at me. You said someone had been dropped on their head because they preferred something that you don't. That's childish. (NOTE: Not calling YOU childish, but your ACTIONS. See how it works?) And where did you get that Downs Syndrome crap from? Don't resort to personal attacks and inferences of personal attacks when someone challenges you for breaking the rules.

If it was meant lightheartedly, it would have been taken so. Saying someone had been braindamaged as an infant is NEVER lighthearted.
Rofl, Upset much?
Not really, You're the one that's going to get banned from the guild for trolling.

biggrin
Wow, you are naive. Mhmm, I do find this rather interesting. Getting kicked out of a guild, for any topic, when the main topic has been changed, by you, of all people. =O It appears that it is now, "Be a c***e to someone, that you think you are better than, without speaking of the topic, while simultaneously calling them out in public" =D P.S. TOS sucks. BTW respect your elders.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:54 pm

Rofl. Earliest I remember that joke I believe is 1996, maybe 1997 Coincidentally the same year episode 1 came out! Go internet!  

SirRandolph

6,250 Points
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Bassios

6,250 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:59 pm
SirRandolph
Bass20XX
SirRandolph
Bass20XX
SirRandolph
Bass20XX
Okay, 2 things.

1) Triple posting. No. Stop it now. There's an edit button for a reason. use it.

2) Do not EVER attack someone for their opinion. Insinuating that someone was dropped on their head as a child is pretty ******** rude, no matter how you mean it, so cut that s**t out right now.

"You sopit" I think you are taking this a little too seriously. It was meant for a laugh. So, Take off eh? I am inclined to personally attack you, but I won't, because I have never made fun of a person with down syndrome, because "that is pretty ******** rude". Now that is rude. As far as the edit button goes that is simply symantics, don't be a b***h. It is not as if it is my fault the "Death Star" blew up, from forgeting to cover up a three meter hole.

No, the edit button thing is actually part of the guild rules. Y'know, not spamming and all that.

I didn't personally attack you, so don't pull that strawman out at me. You said someone had been dropped on their head because they preferred something that you don't. That's childish. (NOTE: Not calling YOU childish, but your ACTIONS. See how it works?) And where did you get that Downs Syndrome crap from? Don't resort to personal attacks and inferences of personal attacks when someone challenges you for breaking the rules.

If it was meant lightheartedly, it would have been taken so. Saying someone had been braindamaged as an infant is NEVER lighthearted.
Rofl, Upset much?
Not really, You're the one that's going to get banned from the guild for trolling.

biggrin
Wow, you are naive. Mhmm, I do find this rather interesting. Getting kicked out of a guild, for any topic, when the main topic has been changed, by you, of all people. =O It appears that it is now, "Be a c***e to someone, that you think you are better than, without speaking of the topic, while simultaneously calling them out in public" =D P.S. TOS sucks. BTW respect your elders.
The guild goes off-topic regularly, but resorting to personal attacks on people is out of line.

You're the one that insinuated I had Downs Syndrome, I haven't said anything like that to you.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:07 pm
The Front Page of the Guild, denoting the Rules
Basically this guild is to create any topic of your choice under the condition that it doesn't violate the ToS (spamming and trolling, etc.), no repeated topics, and that there is some kind of discussion in it. To me, spamming, selling and begging will not be allowed, because I don't believe it to be a topic, as there is nothing to discuss.

Spamming, Advertising, and begging is not counted as a topic to discuss.

Regardless of the subject at hand, spamming the guild through repeat posts is not allowed. SirRandolph, you have been warned several times by various guild members that your actions could result in a warning from a mod, and the possibility of being banned from the guild. As a result, I feel obligated to personally PM one of the mods to inform them of the situation. I hope the situation can be resolved.  

Kerrigan_dragon

SirRandolph

6,250 Points
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:13 pm
Bass20XX
SirRandolph
Bass20XX
SirRandolph
Bass20XX

Rofl, Upset much?

biggrin
The guild goes off-topic regularly, but resorting to personal attacks on people is out of line.

You're the one that insinuated I had Downs Syndrome, I haven't said anything like that to you.
"like that" lol... No what was it like? Just a little different aye? Just not as good? Was it just not as mean? Yet, a personal attack undoubtedly, as you just now admitted. Perhaps you didn't mean it as an attack, maybe as a joke? Hmm, two Darren Stevens' as if no one would notice wait a sec, d**k York, d**k Sergent, Sergent York weird. Sounds like two wrongs don't make a right. Your thoughts?  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:18 pm
Kerrigan_dragon
The Front Page of the Guild, denoting the Rules
Basically this guild is to create any topic of your choice under the condition that it doesn't violate the ToS (spamming and trolling, etc.), no repeated topics, and that there is some kind of discussion in it. To me, spamming, selling and begging will not be allowed, because I don't believe it to be a topic, as there is nothing to discuss.

Spamming, Advertising, and begging is not counted as a topic to discuss.

Regardless of the subject at hand, spamming the guild through repeat posts is not allowed. SirRandolph, you have been warned several times by various guild members that your actions could result in a warning from a mod, and the possibility of being banned from the guild. As a result, I feel obligated to personally PM one of the mods to inform them of the situation. I hope the situation can be resolved.
I don't believe that it was spam. I may have broken a, "3 post rule" but I am not responsible for changing the topic of the thread. I believe my posts pertained to the topic of the thread. My edit button issues, as i discussed prior, are semantics, as to what the problem seemed to be. I believe that all of this was outlined in the latter statements. The personal attack, was a rebuttal to an already standing attack on my self. All this started from an "obvious" joke, that mind you, was not even responded to by the supposed "victim". Now, if I did indeed hurt said victims feelings, "I am sorry.", I simply assumed that they could take a joke. "Am I wrong? Am I wrong?" "No you're not wrong" Sir Randolph* "you're just an a*****e."  

SirRandolph

6,250 Points
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Blackie the Cow

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:27 pm
User Image  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:33 pm
Blackie the Cow
User Image

Love it^ FTW Way better than TOS. Thank you I found this banter entertaining. Almost as entertaining as Star Wars V Star Trek, but both equally entertaining. weird  

SirRandolph

6,250 Points
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Kyla_Ewens

Crew

Questionable Receiver

13,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:58 am
There always seems to be such a divide between the two...but I was always a fan of both.

I suppose I was more a fan of Star Wars, simply because we owned the movies and I'd watch them all the time. But then again, we'd always watch the new episode of Star Trek Next Generation when it was on.

Personally, I don't think one is really better than the other. The universe of Star Wars is a fantastic one, with a wonderful story, planets, races, technology, and whatever.

Star Trek has the same things, but a completely different vision. I dunno why people can't just enjoy both. I have wonderful childhood memories of watching Next Generation with my dad, and I also have wonderful childhood memories of playing with my cousin and his epic collection of original Star Wars toys.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:31 pm
Star Wars is your standard epic story redone in space just like Avatar is just your standard anti-imperialist story done in space.

The formula Lucas used wasn't original, but enjoyable to watch. At least until Lucas got to finally do his prequels in which... he had complete control and Lucas unchecked gave us two crap movies and one mediocre one. His obsession with cute aliens and dopey comedy relief from Jar Jar and battle droids wasn't endearing. Neither was the acting from Anakin in any of the movies or the writing for prequels either.

The books themselves were hit-or-miss. You had a few great ones like the Thrawn series however the writers clung too closely to the movies and didn't take much of an opportunity to expand in any meaningful way. Tatooine became some dustball on the outer reaches of space to the hub of tons of stuff going on because it was a planet shown in the movies. Still as far as epics go it wasn't terrible. It certainly made a lasting impression and the special effects for the original trilogy broke barriers.

Star Trek was originally designed to be a symbol of hope as humanity had shed its sexism, racism, greed, militarism, etc. The fact that a woman was the second-in-command in the pilot was groundbreaking as was an African-American woman in a position of power, as was a Russian serving alongside an American crew. Humanity had progressed.

On the other side of the coin Gene Roddenberry was an egomaniac, enterprising, chauvinist hack. The reason there was a black woman on the crew was because Roddenberry had an affair with her. He took credit for work that wasn't his. He alienated most of the cast and the reason the show was so good was because the writers were good in spite of Roddenberry.

Of all the original series movies he was only heavily involved with the first one. When TNG came around he had pretty much had his way with everything for the first season and any trekkie will tell you that the first season of Star Trek was abysmal. The show improved the less he was involved.  

Omnileech

Omnipresent Warlord

~DR.MOOFASA~

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:57 pm
wakusei
aretoo went for the nice sandwich meat metaphor. Bass went...another direction.

xd

Me? All I can think of is this.

lol aha... made my day.
i definitely second aretoo's sentiment (or third it, or fourth... etc..) cool

EDIT: i suppose i should say something on the subject.
well, i had never seen any of the original star trek episodes until last summer. sweatdrop but i used to watch star trek: the next generation with my mom once in a while, but never really admitted to it since at the time it was still pretty 'uncool' to be into sci-fi.

star wars: also hadn't seen the entire series until last summer. eek i guess the common denominator in me experiencing these entertainment wonders is my geekishly awesome guy. ^^

i do like both, definately, but i think both sets of movies/shows had their drawbacks. star trek:the next generation is pretty entertaining ^^ the original series is still entertaining, but i mostly watch it for the cheez factor. now the MOVIE, however, was AWESOME! *gasp* ...sooo deliciously exciting.
star wars... while i had actually seen episodes 1-3 (the newer ones) first, i honestly can't take much of episodes 2-3 for long periods of time. >_> they're kind of dull to me. the original made movies are the ones i enjoy most ^^ ...aaaaaand clone wars was pretty decent too. =D

FINAL ANSWER: aretoo and bass are right, ball licking is ham and turkey are both enjoyable. mrgreen  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:58 pm
Hmm tough question. I like most of Star wars but I only like the latest Star Trek mainly because ZQ was in it.  

Miss-dark8607

Dangerous Visionary

Arcanas

Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:51 pm
I didn't think people actually compared the two...I mean, they're totally different.

Star Wars is more...Samurai-esqe style, with the Jedi code and such.

Star Trek is...no idea, since I've never seen it, nor do I want to. There's nothing about it that interests me.

I can relate to Star Wars more  
Community Lounge

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces