Welcome to Gaia! ::

CAN WE find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia!!!!

Back to Guilds

we CAN find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia just join! 

Tags: christian, Jesus, Christ, faith, love 

Reply Christian friends
Fake Christians

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ever encountered a Christian you found out was a fake?
  Yes
  Not sure
  No
View Results

Aquatic_blue

Chatty Conversationalist

9,800 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:45 pm
In my lifetime, I have met some fake Christians. I dated a guy that said he was a Christian and ended up treating me like property. He said, "I'm Christian, but don't go to church." After a while, I saw it was an act and was upset. Then dated this other guy, he said he was Christian and all. Then next thing I know, he leaves me and sleeps with one of my friends.

My current boyfriend said someone asked him to perform at their wedding or something. They said they were Christians this whole time and he found out when he got there that they were atheists. There are plenty of stories I can tell about this.

So, have you all ever had encounters with 'fake' Christians?  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:17 pm
Yes it kills me because my school is full of them. I personally prefer people who dont even believe in God at all over people who say they do and are lying.  

Seal of Solomon

WoodSorrelWitch

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:23 pm
There are plenty of fake Christians, unfortunately.

Though, I'd like to throw this out there:
Even true Christians can fall from God and be tempted. Just because a Christian does not act like a Christian at a point in life mean that they are fake. God knows that I've done some obvious non-Christlike behavior and speech. But I am not a fake Christian. We are imperfect sinners.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:21 pm
Aquatic_blue
In my lifetime, I have met some fake Christians. I dated a guy that said he was a Christian and ended up treating me like property. He said, "I'm Christian, but don't go to church." After a while, I saw it was an act and was upset. Then dated this other guy, he said he was Christian and all. Then next thing I know, he leaves me and sleeps with one of my friends.

My current boyfriend said someone asked him to perform at their wedding or something. They said they were Christians this whole time and he found out when he got there that they were atheists. There are plenty of stories I can tell about this.

I really don't think it should matter.
Seriously... I am a Christian, but I don't believe going church is really needed.
When the Bible refers to the church, I think it means just other Christians, not going to a building every Sunday and listening to a pastor. I think church should really be more of a home type thing, it would make being a Christian a lot more personal, at least in my opinion.

Not only that, but so what if he's sleeping with one of your friends? I think God would prefer sex to be saved for marriage, but it's not really an absolute need to be granted salvation.
It's a sin, yes, but we all sin, and all sin is equal in the eyes of God.
Which doesn't mean to keep going in the way of sin, I think in a sense it means that we shouldn't be judging of other peoples sins.

I really was excited when I saw the topic of this thread, until I noticed you meant literally fake Christians. To me, what's even worse than a fake Christian, is someone who pretends to follow in the way of Christ, and is a Christian but tries to be absolutely perfect in every way they possibly can, even if it means shunning out non-believers, or thinks higher of themselves than others. I also thought you meant people who were spiritually immature. Mreah, I dislike those people.  

Fenpex

The_Cursed_Phoenix

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:30 pm
I have found, not one, not two, but a whole Guild on Gaia they where debating if Abortion was murder, if Suicide was a sin, over and over again, they took bits and pieces of the bible and put in what they wanted and left out the rest so to support their argument, Their Called UnAshamed, i highly suggest not joining them  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:56 pm
There's a Time to Laugh "Ephesians 2: 8-9"

there are millions of people who believe they are christian but only believe in a heaven and hell they believe if they do good they will go to heaven. A lot of people say that Churches are just out for your money and you can worship any way you choose (and most who say that don't pray nor praise God). Almost everyone I knew growing up thought that.

I do know someone who was baptized because they wanted to please a family member. You could feel that it wasn't for the right reasons and she hasn't been back to church since and she is still living in deep sin.

I pray for her in hopes that at least she moved a bit closer to God for being baptized and I pray that she will fully come to God and start living for him one day.

And a Time to Cry "Romans 5: 3-5"

faithful quenga

6,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Generous 100

iM-Reppin Jesus

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:43 am
SECSY
Aquatic_blue

Seriously... I am a Christian, but I don't believe going church is really needed.
When the Bible refers to the church, I think it means just other Christians, not going to a building every Sunday and listening to a pastor. I think church should really be more of a home type thing, it would make being a Christian a lot more personal, at least in my opinion.

Not only that, but so what if he's sleeping with one of your friends? I think God would prefer sex to be saved for marriage, but it's not really an absolute need to be granted salvation.
Which doesn't mean to keep going in the way of sin, I think in a sense it means that we shouldn't be judging of other peoples sins.

I really was excited when I saw the topic of this thread, until I noticed you meant literally fake Christians. To me, what's even worse than a fake Christian, is someone who pretends to follow in the way of Christ, and is a Christian but tries to be absolutely perfect in every way they possibly can, even if it means shunning out non-believers, or thinks higher of themselves than others. I also thought you meant people who were spiritually immature. Mreah, I dislike those people.

Secsy:

Do you follow God only for salvation? Cause by what you said, you have the exact attitude of someone who doesn't love God, but someone that wants his blessings and salvation. I pray, go to church, and worship God because I love him. The point of being a Christian isn't for salvation, and so our forgiveness can cover our sins and we can keep on sinning delibretly, but so we may be re-united with God after the sin of Adam and Eve, Jesus had his blood spilled on the cross for a reason, ye know. He did it so we could stop sinning.

You are, however, correct, not attending church can still mean you can go to heaven. But, you are saved not by your works, but by your heart. Not by a word you said a few years ago claiming you now love God, but with your heart. Apostle Paul, Jesus, John the Baptist, Paul Washer, Paris Reidheid, all the great followers of Christ, do you think they brushed off church so they could be more personal? So they could stay home and watch TV? So they could sleep in?

All true Passion for Christ is born out of love. - Paul Washer

But does this mean that you must continue to do this? Just pray that God will give you a heart after him, that loves him, so you two can be in a divine romance.

If this absolutely isn't the case, please say so.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:06 am
iM-Reppin Jesus
SECSY
Aquatic_blue

Secsy:

Do you follow God only for salvation? Cause by what you said, you have the exact attitude of someone who doesn't love God, but someone that wants his blessings and salvation. I pray, go to church, and worship God because I love him. The point of being a Christian isn't for salvation, and so our forgiveness can cover our sins and we can keep on sinning delibretly, but so we may be re-united with God after the sin of Adam and Eve, Jesus had his blood spilled on the cross for a reason, ye know. He did it so we could stop sinning.

You are, however, correct, not attending church can still mean you can go to heaven. But, you are saved not by your works, but by your heart. Not by a word you said a few years ago claiming you now love God, but with your heart. Apostle Paul, Jesus, John the Baptist, Paul Washer, Paris Reidheid, all the great followers of Christ, do you think they brushed off church so they could be more personal? So they could stay home and watch TV? So they could sleep in?

All true Passion for Christ is born out of love. - Paul Washer

But does this mean that you must continue to do this? Just pray that God will give you a heart after him, that loves him, so you two can be in a divine romance.

If this absolutely isn't the case, please say so.

Ok, really?
I love God. I'm not only a Christian for salvation. WHERE IN THE BIBLE DOES IT SAY YOU HAVE TO GO TO A BUILDING IN ORDER TO LOVE GOD?
The church is a BODY of people, it means to fellowship with other Christians. WHICH CAN ALSO BE DONE AT HOME, YOU DON'T HAVE TO GO TO AN OFFICIAL CHURCH TO LOVE GOD.
And yes, of course I pray, I try to as much as I can.

I was just saying that I don't think that this girl should be saying what she did about her ex-boyfriend, because it's in the past, it's someone else, and she shouldn't go around pointing the finger and accusing people of being "fake". To me, fake is when you act like a Christian, you are a Christian, you go to church, but in reality, are only doing half of everything you do in order to have a good outward appearance.

Seriously, I don't see where the accusation of me not loving God comes into play here. Unless you, for some odd reason can decide if I love God or not.  

Fenpex

xxSavefairyland

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:05 pm
The funny thing is, the 'fakest' Christians I ever knew were a bunch of fundamentalists who were hateful, hypocritical, intolerant and rude, and couldn't be further from Jesus apart from the fact they claimed they were acting in His name ._. It was quite sad.

I can't remember where exactly in the Gospel of Thomas this is, but: "You will not find me in temples of wood and stone. Turn over a rock, and I am there. Pick up a stick, and that is where I am"...

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:17 pm
X_astri_X_kyrstantin_X
The funny thing is, the 'fakest' Christians I ever knew were a bunch of fundamentalists who were hateful, hypocritical, intolerant and rude, and couldn't be further from Jesus apart from the fact they claimed they were acting in His name ._. It was quite sad.

I can't remember where exactly in the Gospel of Thomas this is, but: "You will not find me in temples of wood and stone. Turn over a rock, and I am there. Pick up a stick, and that is where I am"...

Very well said! I think God works the most through people who don't shove their attempt at being perfect in everyone's face. I think God works the most through those who are humble, and non-judging.  

Irawryouz

supajesta45

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:20 pm
I <3 God whee  
Christian friends

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out