Reply Community Lounge
When AdSense Goes Awry... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sentama Lin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:08 pm
I personally don't mind ads -- especially for the sites that I generally frequent. I'm also of the opinion that ad blockers only make advertisers find more clever and annoying ways to get past ad blockers.

I mean, I know its annoying, but it's a source of revenue for the sites I visit.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:45 pm
Shram
Kyla_Ewens
gonk I keep seeing ads for some website called "Evony" which claims to be some kind of MMORPG type thing...but seems more like some kind of MMORGY judging by the pictures they use in the ads. sweatdrop

evony is a village building MMorpg
the reason for the model is an advertisement ploy. they used it to catch the attention of people more then they would with simply a picture of the game.
Nothing sexual about the game.

xd That's even funnier then. Because the ads make it look like such a sketchy site lol  

Kyla_Ewens

Crew

Questionable Receiver

13,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500

STATlC ECH0

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:58 pm
Sentama Lin
I personally don't mind ads -- especially for the sites that I generally frequent. I'm also of the opinion that ad blockers only make advertisers find more clever and annoying ways to get past ad blockers.

I mean, I know its annoying, but it's a source of revenue for the sites I visit.

So you're saying you suffer through the ads because you see that as a way for paying for the site? Um.. Okay? Especially in the case of Gaia, sites make money in so many other ways, many of them optional and with some benefit to the site visitor (ie: watch this, get an item; buy gaia cash for items; Donation letters; etc).

Ads are there to make one feel as if they're missing something. I don't want to let companies into my brain. I feel shitty enough about myself as it is without some company telling me I'm too: fat, ugly, dehydrated, undermoisturized, untoned, etc.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:41 pm
It's not that I suffer through the ads; I just ignore them most of the time. Ad revenue is one of the major ways news sites, for example, make money from their time, so I don't see a problem with using advertisements.

As for telling me that I'm missing something, I just remember that I'm not missing anything. Ergo, their persuasion is moot on me.  

Sentama Lin

Community Lounge

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces