Welcome to Gaia! ::

CAN WE find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia!!!!

Back to Guilds

we CAN find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia just join! 

Tags: christian, Jesus, Christ, faith, love 

Reply Chatterbox
Oh LORD, please help... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you ever get frustrated with the unbelievers of this world?
  Yes
  No
View Results

Kyramud

Lonely Phantom

7,200 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:43 pm
Br1ttana
You can tickle me pink, orange, red, or blue, but not grey

First of all, this is old. O_O

@Gothic, I said THE Millenium. Not A millenium. If I said A millenium, then that would mean that I knew when the rapture was. But as we all know, no one, but the Lord knows when the rapture will come.

Because grey will not do.

Heh, it's not old. Only what, two months, give or take?
You should see some of my other guilds. There's people who will reply to threads created in 06. Now, that's old.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:48 pm
Si_Copathic
Four Mile Sprint
There are two things you an do here.

A)Begin to learn and gather the knowledge to refute or combat there arguments on a Intelligent level, it's a forum responses can take time they dont have to be instant

B)Recognise that the vast majority of there Arguments are Logically correct and stand up to scrutiny extremely well. Then remember that our God is above Logic or human reasoning.

But never "ever" just dismiss what they say as "of satan"

If you were to do "A" it would directly contradict "B"
I agree you must argue intelligently. And that means LOGICALLY. Christianity IS the most logical religion out there. NONE of their arguments have any logic to them once they are broken down. Even Jesus said, "Come let us reason together." In order to "reason" there MUST be logic.

It wouldn't directly contradict.

Yes, to reason with others is what you should learn to do. And, to do it LOGICALLY would be even better. What he's saying in "B" is that, despite how intelligently, and logically, we structure our arguments, they are still only within the realm of the human intellect. Our God doesn't operate on the same level. So much so that, when we try to reason, discuss, or even argue with others about Him, they still won't get it until God chooses to intervene.

Think about it. If someone were to LOGICALLY try to describe God, they'd only get a couple of things they think describes God and his character. But it's impossible, and therefore outside the realm of logic, to be able to describe him completely.  

Kyramud

Lonely Phantom

7,200 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Green_Fuu

Fashionable Lunatic

10,600 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:01 pm
No.
It's actually more frustrating that the believers of this world are sometimes more hardheaded than the non-believers.
Because the non-believers think they know everything but the believers "know" they know everything xd

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:37 pm
Green_Fuu
No.
It's actually more frustrating that the believers of this world are sometimes more hardheaded than the non-believers.
Because the non-believers think they know everything but the believers "know" they know everything xd

You can tickle me pink, orange, red, or blue, but not grey

Sadly you're right.

Because grey will not do.

Br1ttana
Crew

Blessed Nerd

11,200 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Prayer Circle 200

The Hudson Hawk

Blessed Carpenter

10,250 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Rebuilder 100
PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 4:55 pm
The Bible. The word of God cannot be refutted. It is all true, and as we all know the truth will one-Set you free, and two-Stand on it's own. (Lies have to have other lies to support them.) BTW-Church is not a hotel for saints, But a hospital for sinners!! smile  
PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 5:16 pm
Kyramud
Si_Copathic
Four Mile Sprint
There are two things you an do here.

A)Begin to learn and gather the knowledge to refute or combat there arguments on a Intelligent level, it's a forum responses can take time they dont have to be instant

B)Recognise that the vast majority of there Arguments are Logically correct and stand up to scrutiny extremely well. Then remember that our God is above Logic or human reasoning.

But never "ever" just dismiss what they say as "of satan"

If you were to do "A" it would directly contradict "B"
I agree you must argue intelligently. And that means LOGICALLY. Christianity IS the most logical religion out there. NONE of their arguments have any logic to them once they are broken down. Even Jesus said, "Come let us reason together." In order to "reason" there MUST be logic.

It wouldn't directly contradict.

Yes, to reason with others is what you should learn to do. And, to do it LOGICALLY would be even better. What he's saying in "B" is that, despite how intelligently, and logically, we structure our arguments, they are still only within the realm of the human intellect. Our God doesn't operate on the same level. So much so that, when we try to reason, discuss, or even argue with others about Him, they still won't get it until God chooses to intervene.

Think about it. If someone were to LOGICALLY try to describe God, they'd only get a couple of things they think describes God and his character. But it's impossible, and therefore outside the realm of logic, to be able to describe him completely.

We were not talking about dexscribing God. As you say, it is humanly impossible. We CAN logically refute their arguments qite easily. Many of the New Age-y religions so popular now can be refuted without Scripture. Generally their arguments are so stupid you don't need Scipture to point out the fallacies. I'm not saying make fun of them, but merely point out where they are wrong. Eventually the New Age argument is reduced to "Well that's your reality not mine" which is basically "I know youare but what am I???"But then the Bible says "Don't cast your pearls before swine." If they don't want to listen they will eventually attack you rather than the doctrine. That's when you just walk away and hope God does something with them to help them see the truth.  

Seraphim6496

Duggums

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:31 am
Indeed they frustrate me. If you look at my recent posts in the ED you'll see why.

Someone said "For a conversation killer, ask Christians where God came from," to which I replied, "Actually, it's an easy question. God exists out of time, has no end of beginning etc. etc." As far as I'm concerned, the question was answered and the conversation was over. Oh, was I wrong.

A certain Atheist jumped on me like a vulture, questioning me, making contracdictory statement where there weren't any, was rude, ignorant and very, VERY annoying. He wasn't really making much sense so I didn't carry on with the argument. It frustrates me that he's probably thinking he's right and all knowing now. When infact he isn't, God is! God is there and it's so obvious. A week or so of searching for me (including reading bible passages, prophesies etc) brought me the answer. I wish they'd take the time to research before they go spouting nonsence.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 8:28 pm
Pandipops
Indeed they frustrate me. If you look at my recent posts in the ED you'll see why.

Someone said "For a conversation killer, ask Christians where God came from," to which I replied, "Actually, it's an easy question. God exists out of time, has no end of beginning etc. etc." As far as I'm concerned, the question was answered and the conversation was over. Oh, was I wrong.

A certain Atheist jumped on me like a vulture, questioning me, making contracdictory statement where there weren't any, was rude, ignorant and very, VERY annoying. He wasn't really making much sense so I didn't carry on with the argument. It frustrates me that he's probably thinking he's right and all knowing now. When infact he isn't, God is! God is there and it's so obvious. A week or so of searching for me (including reading bible passages, prophesies etc) brought me the answer. I wish they'd take the time to research before they go spouting nonsence.

Those people are the worst. gonk And it seems there is just no way to talk to them because they are just so close minded and ignorant. :/  

Br1ttana
Crew

Blessed Nerd

11,200 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Prayer Circle 200
Chatterbox

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash