Welcome to Gaia! ::

CAN WE find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia!!!!

Back to Guilds

we CAN find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia just join! 

Tags: christian, Jesus, Christ, faith, love 

Reply Advice ~ because we care
Boyfriend?? .-. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nerd_of_Many_Faces

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:37 am
I suggest getting more people on your side, in real life, then try talking to leaders again.
Quote:
"A person alone can be attacked and defeated, but two can stand back-to-back and conquer. Three are even better, for a triple-braided cord is not easily broken." Ecclesiastes 4:12

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:36 am
Ty everyone for caring so much. ><
And yea, I know it sounds crazy, thats why I want to fix it so bad

Your_Moirail

Wealthy Gekko

Your_Moirail

Wealthy Gekko

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:56 pm
I failed miserably...........
And im forced to go to this church, my mom >>
Idk.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:14 pm
VK Fox
Yumi421
My church has been putting me on "Discipline" because I have a boyfriend. So now, Im not allowed to sing or pray. I cant kneel down at the Altar... AND ITS DRIVING ME CRAZY!! What I want to know...Is if they are right??

Seriously?! Ok. Deep breath. Continue. I've heard of some pretty messed up things that some churches have done, but this is the first I've heard of this.

They cannot Biblically do that to you. No one can stand between you and your prayers to the Lord. No one has a right to tell you that you can't sing to Him! That's like.. I dunno. My analogies fail me at the moment. I would give your church a chance. Take it to your elders, Biblically. We'd be more than happy to help you prepare a defense for you. Failing that, it might be time to consider moving churches.

A good analogy would be "Thats like telling a rabbit it can't run from it's hunters"  

Nottaname

Your_Moirail

Wealthy Gekko

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:35 pm
......yea.....  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:36 pm
So this is still going on, huh? Ouch...

Well, let's think... confronting the church leaders didn't work. And you can't leave...

Are they still not letting you worship? How long does this "Discipline" go on anyway? ...and if you can't worship, what do they let you do?

At least you can kneel down by yourself, if not at the altar, and pray. Perhaps this situation calls for patience. Persecution is part of being a Christian; in a way, it could even be celebrated. There are a lot of verses about being persecuted for keeping the faith.

2 Timothy 1:8-9
"So do not be ashamed to testify about our Lord, or ashamed of me his prisoner. But join with me in suffering for the gospel, by the power of God, who has saved us and called us to a holy life - not because of anything we have done but because of his own purpose and grace."

This was written by the apostle Paul, while he was imprisoned.
Check out Hebrews chapter 11 too, it's very good for inspiring perseverance and faith.

I wish I could help you more... I could probably think up some rebellious schemes if I had to, but they would most likely fail, or get you in deeper trouble. Pray! And I'll be praying too. That's the best thing to do, in anything.  

Saint Crazy The Follower

pew pew buddies

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:29 am
Help is here!!!!

Okay so , what's wrong with your boyfriend ?
Is he some sort of Rebel ? Does he go to a differnent Church ????

You need to talk to you pastor!
Tell him that you love your boyfriend alot and that God knows that having a boyfriend is not wrong. It leads to getting marride!
If they tell you THATS wrong then theres somehting searously wrong with them!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BTW : How old are you ?????????

Advice ~ because we care

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces